Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone wear a wig?

Default Anyone wear a wig?

Lately, I've been thinking about how nice it'd be to have long, feminine hair when I'm dressed up. It'd make getting into that LG headspace that much easier. But growing my hair long isn't really an option in my situation, so I've been thinking about trying to find a wig lately.

Does anyone here use a wig to pretend to have long hair? Where might I go to find an affordable one (it doesn't have to be beautiful and perfect, but I'd rather avoid online buying, or a dollar-store fuzzy purple wig lol)? Thanks for any advice you might have, ladies!

RainbowShy

I do, but it's usually for cosplay or for fun. I don't like my real hair, so I happen to find myself wearing my cosplay wigs, if that counts? I have shoulder length hair that doesn't seem to want to grow anymore now. >_>

I would suggest trying to find some wig shops in your area, depending where you live. I don't really know what you are looking for. I get all mine online with my cosplays. :/ Usually, you can find some at salons or something. I'm sure if you ask your barber or whatever they are called, they can tell you where to find some good ones. ^^ I don't know if they'd be affordable though. Your best bet really would be online, that's the thing. I wouldn't trust the thrift store wigs since they aren't exactly the most cleanest of wigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    Lately, I've been thinking about how nice it'd be to have long, feminine hair when I'm dressed up. It'd make getting into that LG headspace that much easier. But growing my hair long isn't really an option in my situation, so I've been thinking about trying to find a wig lately.

Does anyone here use a wig to pretend to have long hair? Where might I go to find an affordable one (it doesn't have to be beautiful and perfect, but I'd rather avoid online buying, or a dollar-store fuzzy purple wig lol)? Thanks for any advice you might have, ladies!
    and here i thought your avatar was the real-you.....
    now i am disappointed (sad-eyes)

I don't use one to have longer hair (best I can do IRL is a fuzzy mullet) but to have a more feminine look overall, and I have to give it some pizazz to get a more youthful appearance thanks to the Dollar Store (no joy in finding the true cuteness in thrift stores currently) even then it's difficult to find something that doesn't scream out "Hey! Nice wig!"

I had to wear a wig for the first year and a half of my transition. I really disliked having to wear it, it just made me feel like I was only pretending. Plus it was itchy... and warm... and ickipants.

I have more than dozen but wear six or seven with regularity. None of them cost more than $100 a couple less than $20. But then I may be dressed for a week at a time.

I know it probably doesn't mean anything, but I really want to try wearing a wig cause I've always wanted long feminine hair that is in a different color. [like blonde or something maybe?]

Quote Originally Posted by Pirouette View Post
    I had to wear a wig for the first year and a half of my transition. I really disliked having to wear it, it just made me feel like I was only pretending. Plus it was itchy... and warm... and ickipants.
    Your avatar looks like the Ghost of Christmas Present from the Muppet's Christmas Carol! And, OMG! My first thread highjack! Okay, probably not a highjack, but definately a distraction. So, there!

I really wish I had a wig also I really want to look and feel more feminine. I would think buying online would be the way to go.

i would say something on wigs, but i honestly have never had one. although, those friends of mine who have; the ones who get a professional fittings and a good quality wig look it. the ones who don't look it too....