Thread: Cerebral Palsy & Needing to Wear Diapers

Default Cerebral Palsy & Needing to Wear Diapers

I am a 55 year-old with Cerebral Palsy & Autism & I have to wear diapers 24/7.

How many other people here also have Cerebral Palsy like me?

I have Cerebral Palsy (spastic diplegia) and i am diapered/nappied/padded whatever you want to call it 24/7

I'm pretty lucky that my case is minor enough that I can still make it to the bathroom. My blessings go out to those who are much more severe.

Quote Originally Posted by PamperedKari View Post
    I'm pretty lucky that my case is minor enough that I can still make it to the bathroom. My blessings go out to those who are much more severe.
    So, I have to ask. Is you interest in AB/DL separate from your condition?

i have CP but no mental handicaps. i just have a screwy left hand and bad legs

Quote Originally Posted by Bambusa View Post
    So, I have to ask. Is you interest in AB/DL separate from your condition?
    well, the quote reflects my current state. I wasn't always as mobile as I am now.

I have hemiplegic cerebral palsy affecting my left side. I do have a history of IC problems as a child, however my current IC issues are fairly minor.

Hello, mommy just sent you a message. Thank you thank you thank you, for doing disability activism.

I have CP as well. I walk with a cane and have balance, stabillity and stamina issues. My case is mild which I am thankful for. My use of diapers has nothing to do with my CP though, I have complete control. I wear them simply because I'm a DL. Although I will say 2 things. 1. I do tend to *go*a lot more when I'm diapered then when I'm not, I guess because over the years my body has become used to just *letting go* when I'm diapered. And 2. Even though my disability doesn't impact my bladder and/or bowel control, I do find diapers a lot easier then having to use the bathroom all the time, especially when I'm out and have to worry about walking all over the place trying finding a bathroom. I do find that it takes a lot of guts to be diapered when I'm out, but I'm still working on that.