Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: drugstore diapers

Default drugstore diapers

I want to purchase real diapers for the first time. I'm looking for something with tapes that is thick and bulky for a babyish feel. does anyone have any suggestions?

RainbowShy

I'm not sure where you live, but I checked Walgreen's website. It seems like Prevail is the only thing they have with tapes. I wouldn't trust walmart, but you can still try there if you want. I know at one time my mom accidentally got ones with tapes on them (before I was a DL). I don't remember what they were called though. ._.

I'll attach you the image from Walgreen's that I found to give you an idea. ^^
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	450.jpg 
Views:	436 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	17680

I heard that the drugstore/regular store brands aren't really that good with absorbency. The only way I was able to make them more absorbent was by adding a really thick maxi pad inside... lol just a warning.

Drugstore Brand Diapers are not very good quality, & they never absorb enough.

I am incontinent both #1 & #2, & have to wear diapers 24/7.

Woody

I know a lot of people say drug store diapers are not as good as other kinds you can get and I'd probably agree. I've mostly used depends and tena products. However I'd say they're much better than not having diapers at all too.

[QUOTE=AutisticChessie;1076298] the prevail breezers are a pretty good diaper i have used them before.

CVS is probably the best drugstore diaper I've come across. Add in a baby diaper (like a Huggies Overnight) and they work reasonably well. The fitted briefs have the tapes.

Quote Originally Posted by AutisticChessie View Post
    I'm not sure where you live, but I checked Walgreen's website. It seems like Prevail is the only thing they have with tapes.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	450.jpg 
Views:	436 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	17680
    They have a few varieties of Certainties, one of them is a brief that also has tapes and is made to tear at the sides. A very thin diaper when dry, but it does puff up a lot if you fill it.

If the diapers the stores carry had more side padding I could probably overlook them not being plastic backed since I could just use them for nights. Interestingly enough the generic Goodnites have plastic panels layered under the outer fabric

I think the best diaper you would be looking for is Depends protection with tabs. They are plastic backed like baby diapers, have tabs, and I really like them.

I would have to say that I loved the CVS Fitted brief. I don't know about anyone else but it definitely had that baby feel and it held up to 3 wettings before I had to change myself. I would definitely continue to use those ones.