Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Invisible Friends?

RainbowShy

Default Invisible Friends?

I was just wondering if anyone had them. I know it's common in a lot of younger children though which made me curious.

For me? Yes, I do. I have two of them. One is a boy and the other is a girl. Their names are Joey and Veronykah. I keep them a secret because people often don't understand them and make fun of me. A few of my most trusted friends on Facebook know, and my parents know as well.

The reason I have them is because they comfort me. They help me socialize too and sometimes they even help me organize my mind and relieve me of my stress.

As a child, I was obsessed with Elmo. So, I had a best friend named Elmo. My only memory of him was when him and I got into a fight. I told him that I was going to handcuff him to me if he ran away... lol

So, anyway, does anyone else have/had invisible friends?

AutisticChessie Said:

"I was just wondering if anyone had them. I know it's common in a lot of younger children though which made me curious.

For me? Yes, I do. I have two of them. One is a boy and the other is a girl. Their names are Joey and Veronykah. I keep them a secret because people often don't understand them and make fun of me. A few of my most trusted friends on Facebook know, and my parents know as well.

The reason I have them is because they comfort me. They help me socialize too and sometimes they even help me organize my mind and relieve me of my stress.

As a child, I was obsessed with Elmo. So, I had a best friend named Elmo. My only memory of him was when him and I got into a fight. I told him that I was going to handcuff him to me if he ran away... lol

So, anyway, does anyone else have/had invisible friends?"

I myself have an "Invisible Friend" still.
    His name is "G'Tyrr'Y'Ragh", & he is a "Centaur".
    His "Home Planet" is ~ 3,000 Light Years away.

My mother says she had to hold the door open a little longer to let my group os friends in. I don't recall, so I can't say how many there were, but it appears to be 5 or so.

As a teen struggling with gender identity, my oldest, now a he, kept speaking to two "people" inside his head. It made me upset, a bit: I couldn't figure out how to deal with this among all of his other psychological issues. Eventually, he told me that he is not only TG but a part of a multiple personality system in which something like 60 separate "people" exist within his mind. They started due to sexual abuse from a boy when she was about fifteen; now he
    has to deal with all of that.

Sometimes an imaginary friend is just an imaginary friend. Sometimes it's...something else.

Yes I have. He was a little mouse that could talk and acted like a human kinda like Micky mouse. and since I have been interested in diapers all my life he and I would wear together. I do not remember his name however and I forgot I even had one for years.

I used to have an invisible friend.

I think it's okay that you still have them. If you still have them, you must need them! Usually they serve as coping mechanisms and ways to practice socialization and social situations. They rarely do much harm, other than at times keeping a person from socializing with real life friends. If you feel like that isn't a concern of yours, or not a problem, then I'm sure you're A-Okay. Things in general are only a problem if it's getting in the way of your life and happiness.

Do imaginary arguments in the shower count as imaginary friends? Do pretend phone calls with your crush count as imaginary friend moments? I mean, silly questions right, but really? What's the difference when you think about it?

I used to have a little imaginary friend named Margaret Sullivan. She didn't talk very much. Now my imaginary friends take form as characters in stories I write, or want to write. They take on lives of their own, I swear. Some of my characters just get out of control. I've had to rework an entire plot of something because a character decided to do things differently.

Good on you, AutisticCheesie, for being okay with yourself and who you are. I think it's probably a sign of intelligence and creativity.
    Last edited by Frogsy; 31-Jul-2013 at 05:17.

Not really, but whatever part of me isn't focused on a task is in the world of whatever book series I'd been reading. This naturally involves a lot of mental interaction with the characters in that series. This is probably why I end up rereading the Wheel of Time series so often, such a detailed and varied world to toy around with.

Quote Originally Posted by ICkaraokegirl View Post
    As a teen struggling with gender identity, my oldest, now a he, kept speaking to two "people" inside his head. It made me upset, a bit: I couldn't figure out how to deal with this among all of his other psychological issues. Eventually, he told me that he is not only TG but a part of a multiple personality system in which something like 60 separate "people" exist within his mind. They started due to sexual abuse from a boy when she was about fifteen; now he
    has to deal with all of that.

Sometimes an imaginary friend is just an imaginary friend. Sometimes it's...something else.
    this sort of situation may not be as uncommon as one might think......

WHen I was much younger (primary school year 1/2 and 3), I had an invisible twin called (this is going to sound strange) Mayday. I don't know where he's gone now...but that age has gone past me a long time ago.

It's great to see us sharing this part of our past with each-other

Well,

I don't think I ever had any invisible friends ever....

Maybe I'm the invisible one!

B