Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diaper drive for fellow ADISCers?!

Default Diaper drive for fellow ADISCers?!

I don't expect this would ever get off the ground, but I've been observing a number of posting members who don't have access to even the poorest quailty store brand pull-ups and are eking by on folded towels and layers of underwear. My heart aches for them and I wish there was a way to get real diapers to them. I do understand a major part of it is they have no way to get diapers away from watchful eyes. I had a thought of maybe sending them an individual diaper disguised as a sweater. I don't know but it makes me feel like I'm at a punk show filled with 'get your own' fake punkers sometimes. There must be something that could be done.

Heheh... Yeah. I would think that most people who are worried about ordering diapers from a trusted retailer would be even more concerned about receiving diapers from an largely-unknown fellow AB/DL. Plus, I would think that one's parents, significant other, spouse, etc., would prefer their home address not be given to other people who, in their AB/DL-uninitiated minds, are likely to seem creepy. Perhaps a bit unfair, but probably true.

But I get the desire to help.

You could always start a new twist on Geocaching: Diapercaching.

Well once upon a time I was not unknown here.

Lately real life has taken priority, and the new VP of my club makes me look downright vanilla, so my diapers are not only not a secret, but openly discussed at times.

RainbowShy

...even if you could, my mom would still find out. That woman asks twenty questions, I swear... she doesn't let anything slide.

Cottontail and Chessie both have good points. I simply wouldn't be comfortable giving out my address to someone I barely know. Plus, there's always the very possible chance of my parents seeing the package and questioning me.

Beta and I had this idea too for like holiday season, etc. But I feel like it'd need to be something that is the Adisc community at large pools together. As a vote of confidence I'd feel the best way would be do funnel the deliveries through someone like Moo or another staff member, but that's their choice to speak their interest about it.

There is always general delivery at the post office .....

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post

You could always start a new twist on Geocaching: Diapercaching.
    We may have something there: the problem for the diaperless is getting the diapers to a place where they can be put on in privacy. I can see something like arranging diaper drops at nearby restrooms away from the house. It would take a bit of logistics but the end result would be to enter the restroom as usual and exit in a padded state, noone the wiser. A sense of bringing the mountain to Mohammed, as it were

Quote Originally Posted by MOPaddED View Post
    We may have something there: the problem for the diaperless is getting the diapers to a place where they can be put on in privacy. I can see something like arranging diaper drops at nearby restrooms away from the house. It would take a bit of logistics but the end result would be to enter the restroom as usual and exit in a padded state, noone the wiser. A sense of bringing the mountain to Mohammed, as it were
    That's actually a pretty good idea. I think it would just have to be a very public restroom for safety concerns.