Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about telling my parents about my diaper wearing

Default Thinking about telling my parents about my diaper wearing

Okay, so I've said in the past that my parents knows about my whole AB/DL/Paraphillic Infantalism thing in the past when my father found out about my pacifier sucking and pretty much told him about it.

But ever since then, I've started wearing goodnites/sleepynights as a substitute for Adult Diapers at this point and a couple days ago after almost getting caught out (again) by stripping down and stashing away the dry goodnite for a shower.

He came in and asked what I was doing, I told him nothing and that I was just getting ready for the shower (cause this was in my room) and that if I had something to tell him, I'd be straight and tell him, he understood that and then left.

This is just giving me the impression that it's ready to tell him about the DL side of it and so that he knows that I'm a full AB/DL.

And for those wondering, I have been hiding them because I started wearing them about 2 weeks after he found out about me being an AB and I didn't want to push it at the time, but now I think it may be time soon.

So, any thoughts on how I should go about this?

Yeah, I know exactly how you should go about telling your parents. You shouldn't.

...Why does he need to know...Its none of his business.

Nothing good will come from it

That's kinda what I was thinking before my dad caught me out the first time, besides, he's gonna find out about it sooner or later at this rate, so what's the use in hiding it

ATOMIC98

well if you tell him many things could happen....

he could ask you to go see a psychiatrist
    he could approve and be understanding and then you would not have to worry anymore
    he could take it as an insult on how he raised you
    he could tell you to get the f#ck out of his house until u grow up
    he could be ur daddy and change u and treat u like a baby
    really depends on how understanding he is because you dad wants you to be a man and thats going the other way not trying to be offensive or anything i honstley want to keep my AB/DL to myself

Quote Originally Posted by ATOMIC98 View Post
    well if you tell him many things could happen....

he could ask you to go see a psychiatrist
    he could approve and be understanding and then you would not have to worry anymore
    he could take it as an insult on how he raised you
    he could tell you to get the f#ck out of his house until u grow up
    he could be ur daddy and change u and treat u like a baby
    really depends on how understanding he is because you dad wants you to be a man and thats going the other way not trying to be offensive or anything i honstley want to keep my AB/DL to myself
    Well, considering how he took it when I told him about being an AB/DL the first time (which was discussed in this thread: http://www.adisc.org/forum/adult-bab...e-reality.html), he was very calm about it and took it under consideration and above all else understood what I was into. Only thing is that ever since he's just teased me about it.

So, really, I don't see why hiding this aspect of it from him is that bad of a thing when he already knows that I'm into the AB/DL scene already and understands.

I guess only you really know how things will pan out between you and your dad. But think carefully before splurging all this info on him. I suppose he's going to have some idea about anyway if you discussed the whole AB thing with him... And telling him might ease things for you, but I'm pretty sure it's going to remain pretty awkward. You know unless he's into some sort of weird kink himself, he's probably never going to get why you do this. I think if I had a son who was into this I'd probably accept it, lol but then I wear nappies ... Capiche..

Ah you will be fine. They are just diapers. Just tell him in a calm manner. Plan what you are going to say ahead of time. It sounds like you told him about being abdl and never explained your abdl to him. This is what you need to do. I did the same thing with my dad kind of. He was very confused. I have actually not sat down yet to explain it with him, however I have been working on creating an educational website on abdl as part of my coming out process. I told my dad to look at it but he has not discussed it with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Before you come out/explain the diaper thing you need to ask yourself these questions:
    What does ABDL* mean to me?
    This step is important. One of my friends assumed that being ABDL* meant that I thought adults wearing diapers and using paris was hot. Not the case for me at all. You have to explain how you fit into the ABDL* spectrum. Seeing as you are already told your father about your ABDL* but did not explain it, he may have tried to fill in the gaps himself by looking on the internet. He may have found information that does not apply to you and thus his image of you is distorted.
    You need to set him straight. My parents had and still have crazy ideas about me. My mom told me that "women are going to think it is creepy if I ask them to call me daddy during sex." What? First I am asexual. Second that is not ABDL*. or at least my ABDL*. That sounds a lot more like a sub/dom/ageplay thing to me. So ya definantely explain things if you don't want your parents to concoct ridiculous ideas.

How out do you want to be?
    As in who can know about it. I am cool with anyone knowing now, but 3 years ago... family only.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverSmall View Post
    Before you come out/explain the diaper thing you need to ask yourself these questions:
    What does ABDL* mean to me?
    This step is important. One of my friends assumed that being ABDL* meant that I thought adults wearing diapers and using paris was hot. Not the case for me at all. You have to explain how you fit into the ABDL* spectrum. Seeing as you are already told your father about your ABDL* but did not explain it, he may have tried to fill in the gaps himself by looking on the internet. He may have found information that does not apply to you and thus his image of you is distorted.
    You need to set him straight. My parents had and still have crazy ideas about me. My mom told me that "women are going to think it is creepy if I ask them to call me daddy during sex." What? First I am asexual. Second that is not ABDL*. or at least my ABDL*. That sounds a lot more like a sub/dom/ageplay thing to me. So ya definantely explain things if you don't want your parents to concoct ridiculous ideas.
    Well, I've already explained him to some degree what being an AB/DL to myself at least is. And that is that being an AB/DL is used as a mix of being a stress reliever, a way to regress back into that state of child-like innocence and regain some memories from my childhood that I wanna remember.

He understood that bit but yeah, I never fully told him what being an AB/DL is fully, he doesn't have a negative image of the lifestyle or anything since the bare bones info I gave of him was essentially just; "People like acting like/being treated like/being young children for different reasons (I then listed the ones above)." and I didn't tell him about anything fetish related so that he doesn't get any ideas.

He knows about my own aspect on it, but he doesn't know about the diaper wearing yet, again as stated above I started wearing about 2 weeks after I was forcibly meant to tell him about being an AB/DL and didn't wanna push my boundaries too far.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverSmall View Post
    How out do you want to be?
    As in who can know about it. I am cool with anyone knowing now, but 3 years ago... family only.
    At this point, family and really close and open minded friends really, since I wanna keep it as private as possible.

Do you know what my mother told me when I had a conversation with her about being bisexual and introducing my partner?

Quote Originally Posted by MY MOM!
    "Geno what goes on in your bedroom is not at all my business. I don't need to know about it. All I care about is that your being safe about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Braddeh
    At this point, family and really close and open minded friends really, since I wanna keep it as private as possible.
    Then you should take my mother's advice, too. It's your personal business and isn't his to know. The sure thing I know that's going to come up in that conversation is his worry on why you are wearing them or why you have AB tendencies. And those fears are grounded in whether you have life difficulties. As that small quote of my mum's shows, parents main concern is your well being. If you are fine, that's all I'd say. That's the main reason why he asked you about anything going on.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverSmall
    I have actually not sat down yet to explain it with him, however I have been working on creating an educational website on abdl as part of my coming out process. I told my dad to look at it but he has not discussed it with me.
    Passiveness is death as the old saying goes. It's best you control the conversation, not just throws links and quips. Perhaps he has read it, and perhaps he doesn't care to have a conversation about it. You'll have to wait about to know, which may never happen. You might get a response such as "I don't care to know" and acceptance or toleration, or "that's your personal business" realistically. Especially from your dad.

I came out of the "broom closet" a number of years ago once my folks discovered Pagan religious items in my room. Which it seems to usually go. I have a lot of privacy, but it's hard to miss a big altar in the corner. I had one conversation about it with my my mum which ended up stalling. She didn't care to know about it. She'd probably listen more to what it is now if I needed to, but my personal life in that affair doesn't come up nor do I feel it needs to. Again, all she cared about was me not getting swept up in religious idealism and not being safe. That's it. She didn't agree with it, so no acceptance there, which is fine.

All my dad said is "Those people are few and far between" and has never said a word on in in the past 7 years or so. He just doesn't care. I'm not sure how you are hoping about it, but that can be a very good or bad thing for you depending on your outlook.
    Last edited by Geno; 09-Jul-2013 at 17:19.

Basically I'd also say that you shouldn't do this. But if you feel like it...

I mean you mentioned that you told him what being an AB/DL means, since he catched you with your pacifier some time ago.
    However you described him what this lifestyle is, that they're basically into regression and you explained what this is.
    But to so it plain: Telling what you are is something way different in contrast to what you're wearing in a rather special area, honestly.

So as much AB and as less DL you may be, and furthermore as much that you're trying to explain him this, it's always something strange and really quite personal.
    You wouldn't want to know what he likes to "wear" down there from time to time, perhaps only in the bedroom?... As dumb as it may sound. It's simply that way.
    Enjoying diapers, since you're an AB, which love's to regress is still something that is... overtaken by the fact that this can be "stimulating". *cough*
    On a sidenote, parents can also think that you have a problem and try to make up some crazy story, just to hide it... though that would only be the case for overprotective one's, I imagine.

But anyway! Parent's are always protective about their children. I'd basically react the same as Geno's mother.
    Aslong as I wouldn't need to worry that my child would hurt him/herself in some way and knows what s/he's doing anyway, and what risks there may be, I don't need to know what s/he and his boy or girlfriend are doing exactly, it's something private.
    And I guess that the most rational answer you can expect anyway.

In the end it's your decision and you know your parents, or especially your dad best. If you really feel like you're not able to hide your diapers over time and that you're parents are anyway very close to you, accepting in general and open minded, than try to tell them somehow. But be prepared that this may go wrong and that you have to take the consequences, no matter how small the chance that this actually happens may be.

Perhaps, as a small advice: Try to "play" this conversation in your head, or furthermore in front of a mirror and try as much as possible different variations of how your dad may react, also in abstract ways (like "I'm going to call a doc now, you're crazy" - cannot hurt to think about this, who knows.), and how to react to them, so that you're prepared.

Anyway, best wishes!
    Whichever decision you may take, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.