Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When the urges come and go..

Default When the urges come and go..

I hadn't worn diapers in almost a week. Every few days, the thought would go through my head, but nothing to where I felt like I had to put one on or that I just really wanted one. Just for sake, I'm wearing one right now, but I'm not sure I want to. I'm very comfortable, but I wonder if I'm forcing myself to wear them or if its just a case of guilt. Not gonna lie, I've gotten feelings about not wearing anymore, about moving past this, and I've tried to stop. But I can't bring myself to throw my diapers out. Sometimes I feel like I'm avoiding life, staying indoors by myself just to walk around in just my diaper. Unless, of course, I go out wearing one, in which case I still go alone. After coming to terms with this, I realized there was nothing inherently wrong with it, but I'm not sure if its for me anymore. Maybe I'm reaching a point where I need to make a choice, or maybe I'm just going through a phase.

Well, it's really your decision, man. I'll tell you what - I went through a phase quite a bit like that, and I'm sure that almost every other ABDL has has the same.

At the end of the day, it's up to you whether you want to go on with this or not, but when I tried to stop, it just got back to me.

Take a break from diapers. It can't hurt. You really should not try and force yourself to do something just because it's a force of habit.

I usually wear once a week on a day off, but due to the extreme heat and a family vacation, I just didn't have the chance and the urge. It cooled down a little when we got back I wore one for the first time in three weeks. During the three weeks, I thought that it was silly to be doing it and asked myself repeatedly why I was doing it, but after seeing it was Sleep In Diapers Friday, I couldn't resist. It was nice! I guess absence makes the heart grow fonder, as they say. As Connor above says, take a break for a couple of weeks and try nt to think about them. Then make a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by drive88 View Post
    I hadn't worn diapers in almost a week. Every few days, the thought would go through my head, but nothing to where I felt like I had to put one on or that I just really wanted one. Just for sake, I'm wearing one right now, but I'm not sure I want to. I'm very comfortable, but I wonder if I'm forcing myself to wear them or if its just a case of guilt. Not gonna lie, I've gotten feelings about not wearing anymore, about moving past this, and I've tried to stop. But I can't bring myself to throw my diapers out. Sometimes I feel like I'm avoiding life, staying indoors by myself just to walk around in just my diaper. Unless, of course, I go out wearing one, in which case I still go alone. After coming to terms with this, I realized there was nothing inherently wrong with it, but I'm not sure if its for me anymore. Maybe I'm reaching a point where I need to make a choice, or maybe I'm just going through a phase.
    Hi drive88 and welcome to the wonderful world of Paraphilic Infantilism. I am pretty sure I am safe in saying we have all gone through this. I would even goes as far as saying that if you search the threads back in February of this year you would find mine threads with the exact same issue/comments.

1) The whole trick is to figure out the difference between want and need, then move on to boundaries and balance.
    2) Take a good deep soul searching look at you past and figure out what happened to induce these feelings. In my case and most of the input I got from the great friends form this group you will probably a childhood situation that has cause a post traumatic stress issue.
    3) The next step is to embrace the issue and realize that you have done nothing wrong, and there is nothing that you need to feel guilty about. Once you do this acceptance is well on its way and "the big nasty tiger is nothing but a kitten behind a magnifying glass"
    4) Once acceptance starts being able to establish the boundaries and balance in you life between the ABDL and real life, you will find that it is no big deal and life is good.

So after this happens one day you realize that you are telling someone else about how I (Oh I mean you) have concord the binge and purge cycle and use the diapers as a therapeutic coping mechanism.

Good luck and I hope this advice helps.

Quote Originally Posted by drive88 View Post
    But I can't bring myself to throw my diapers out. Sometimes I feel like I'm avoiding life, staying indoors by myself just to walk around in just my diaper. Unless, of course, I go out wearing one, in which case I still go alone. After coming to terms with this, I realized there was nothing inherently wrong with it, but I'm not sure if its for me anymore. Maybe I'm reaching a point where I need to make a choice, or maybe I'm just going through a phase.
    There are two things here, which are not necessarily at odds with each other. The first has to do with coming to terms with your desire to wear diapers and with what wearing them does for you. This is something that you really have no choice about, we all have to work through it. It may be that you can resolve it in a way that you move beyond it. Don't take what you read on this list as indicative of whether or not that is possible. Those who have moved beyond it don't post anymore. The rest of us have come to understand it's importance to ourselves and our lives.

The other has to do with whether it is interfering with the rest of your life. This is a _really_ important issue. With all (more or less) obsessive behaviors the fundamental question is what it is costing you. If you are missing out on the rest of your life because you can't stand to not wear and you can't stand to do other things when you do wear then you have a problem.

I would suggest trying to find a way of putting your diaper wearing into a very specific context, wearing at night, say, or on Sunday mornings. Then I would suggest using the fact that you aren't wearing the rest of the time as motivation to do those things that you are uncomfortable doing while wearing. ("Since I'm not wearing, I might as well go out and ...")

It is entirely possible to fit the postive things that diapers do for you into a life that is otherwise "normal". Most of us have either done so or are working on it. But the most important thing is to not let it rule your life and to not use it as an excuse to abandon the rest of your life.

As my signature used to say "Feed your beast, but don't let it feed on you".

I have times when I could care less about diapers, and other times when it wants to dominate my life, saying, wear diaper now! I try to strike a balance between want, need, and non-interest. On days where there's no interest, I don't wear, but nor do I worry about it because I know the desire will eventually return.

There are some times I really want to wear and can't because of job or company coming to the house. Putting it on hold is necessary, and I can sometimes abate the need vicariously by going on line to some sites. The upside is that when both need, desire and timing align, I enjoy the wonderful feeling and the sense of peace that feeling "little" provides. I try not to feel guilty afterward because I know the need will return, and I haven't harmed anyone, including myself.

I've progressed through diapers but for me it is a sexual urge. I wanted them when I was 12 so I bought goodnites and used them, for a while I didn't wear any and then in high school I had a GF who I told.. She bought goonites and Depend and we wore, wet, etc... Years gone by, a gf previous was the second to know..we lived together so I wore diapers when I wanted. Now I'm single so I wear when I feel like. I buy by the case so I always have at least a bag of Abena M4's. It's been almost 2 weeks and tonight I was taking a leak, halfway through I felt like a diaper, so I held it and got diapered. I've found now I'm able to, I can have it whenever I want and that's on a semi-regular schedule.

i've gone through that phase a few times where i just think i should throw all that stuff out but then a few days later i'll be cuddling up to one of my plushies or something like that and i'll wonder why the thought of throwing them away and giving it up ever occured to me. i think its just really a state of mind thing somedays you feel good others bad, somedays you feel like being childish others you feel like being really grown up and mature personally i think its all about balance, if you can find a balance in your life between the things you like doing and the things you have to do then it'll make it much easier to accept it as a part of just who you are in the long run. for me i use it like a reward thing, ok if i get this and this done i can suck on my paci or cuddle up to my plushies or wear diapers, whatever. if you look at it that way its a good motivater and a good way to keep things in balance.

I feel ya. My hardest times are when I'm crabby. I reject diapers because I'm all purgish, but when I put one on, I get over it. Good luck! We're here for you always.