Thread: Security blankets?

RainbowShy

Default Security blankets?

I'm not sure if it counts as a security blanket, but I have this baby soft scarf I call my Scarfy. It's gotten me through just about everything since 2010. I cherish it more that anything even sleep with it at night. I love the feeling of it against me cheek too. I'm posting a picture of it too. It's also genderless because I couldn't figure it what gender I wanted it to be, meaning it had no gender.

Does anyone else have security blankets or special objects like them? I'm curious, is all. XD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	17619  

Of course! They're not blankets, but I do have a stuffed horse and a Care Bear I sleep with every night.

RainbowShy

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    Of course! They're not blankets, but I do have a stuffed horse and a Care Bear I sleep with every night.
    Well, I have my bumble bee plush, Kaito plush and Axel plush. I've axel since 2009. He's older than Scarfy is. Both of them are really special to me. My bumble bee is too since he reminds of my busy bee of a boyfriend. XD

i kind of consider my scarf as security since it comforts me. Plus, it's discreet and no even suspects its for security reasons. I can wear around my neck. XD That's one of the reasons I adore it. ^^

My Teddy Bear who 13 years old now. Got him when I had open heart surgery . His name is Sir Koff a Lot.

Well,

I do have my puppie...he's about three years old now...got him after my car wreck...spent the next nine months with him and regaining muscles to walk again...

He has gotten me through many a bad night and day!

Unfortunately about three years ago my house burnt down, so not much survived....yes, about a month before my car crash...lucky huh!

I never thought myself the sentimental type, but after you loose everything but the clothes on your back, it's amazing the feeling of loss...

B

I have a throw blanket that I sleep with that was a Christmas present well over 20 years ago. I don't think of it as a security blanket but I also don't sleep with anything else, so I am not sure?

I definitely do not worship it like my seven year old does his, and I am waiting to see what happens in a year or so because it is literally falling apart.

I'm sure my teddy, Sebastian, would count as one. I've had the guy since my first birthday and I've never let the guy get thrown out, even when it was apparent I wasn't very interested in it that much anymore.

Now, I sleep with him every night and hold the guy whenever I feel all sad and such, he now represents the main element to opening my AB/DL side for me and I don't wanna leave him ever again. In fact... *huggles his teddy*

I have a security blanket!! I have my entire life, this one was my cot quilt Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00031-20120107-2229.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	17629 but he unfortunately fell apart beyond repair when I was 16 and I bought this one to, well not replace him but to be the next one! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00084-20120203-1426.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	17630 I have no idea what I would do without my blankie, he goes everywhere with me! He's always in my bag and if I'm at home I tend to sling he over my shoulder or drag him along the floor :')

RainbowShy

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    I have a throw blanket that I sleep with that was a Christmas present well over 20 years ago. I don't think of it as a security blanket but I also don't sleep with anything else, so I am not sure?

I definitely do not worship it like my seven year old does his, and I am waiting to see what happens in a year or so because it is literally falling apart.
    That's the same with my scarfy. The tassels are coming off, even the thread is coming out of mine. It has a tear on one of the ends of it and a hole or two. The thing is though, I can't part with it. I've actually lost it at an anime convention I went to. I cried for hours because I thought it was gone. The very idea of not having it tore me to pieces. We ended up finding it later when it was caught under the freshly made bed in our hotel room. The maid must not have seen it under there or something... because my plushies were sitting neatly against the pillows.

On the topic of plushies though, I have my Axel plushie that I've had since 2009. I got him when I went to my anime convention the first time. He was my very first convention plushie. I had him strapped on my chest with my messenger bag strap and he was squashed in a hug between me and one of the anime voice actors I met at least the times. (I got five hugs from this guy lol. He was my favorite voice actor. XD) Now, he's coming apart, he's also naked because his organization 13 coat started coming apart. He's had neck surgery THREE times now and has been poorly sewn.

Oh! And I have my pound puppy. :3 Has anyone ever heard of those? My pound puppy is very dear to me because my grampie gave it to me just before I turned a year old for christmas. He died when I was barely a year old, and it's always been the only thing I have left of him. I used to have this stuffed blue bunny with a top hat, vest and bowtie... but I lost him. That was something my grampie gave to me. I used to sleep with him when I got really scared at night, especially during thunder storms.

Then I have a pink elmo plush. XD I used to take him everywhere with me as a kid. He's even fell in the toilet before because I tried to potty train him... yeah don't ask. XD He turned pink because he was washed so many times that he lost his redness. I still have him to this day! I don't take him places anymore, but I keep him as a memory of my childhood. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by JellybeanBear View Post
    I have a security blanket!! I have my entire life, this one was my cot quilt Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00031-20120107-2229.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	17629 but he unfortunately fell apart beyond repair when I was 16 and I bought this one to, well not replace him but to be the next one! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00084-20120203-1426.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	17630 I have no idea what I would do without my blankie, he goes everywhere with me! He's always in my bag and if I'm at home I tend to sling he over my shoulder or drag him along the floor :')
    I don't know if I could ever replace scarfy. I also still have my security blanket when I was a child. I don't play with it anymore because it doesn't have as much meaning to me as it did when i was little.

I do that with my scarfy. I carry it around like a security blanket, drag it around on the floor, sleep with it... you name it. XD I can leave the house without it... mainly because it's starting to show it's age and what not. I'm afraid that something might happen to it. :/