Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I apologize...

Default I apologize...

Dear United Kingdom and the English, for the 237th time, we apologize for the trouble we caused in the war, but we also than you for allowing us independence. From, a country you used to own, America.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyHeroSakura View Post
    ? Accepted?!
    Haha it's more of a pointless corny joke thread.

Meh, as far as I'm concerned, the 4th of July only means one thing - my Birthday-eve! Independence Day means nothing to us, apart from spammy threads clogging up our internet reading! And occasionally an annoying American facebook friend telling us all about the great time they're having!

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    Meh, as far as I'm concerned, the 4th of July only means one thing - my Birthday-eve! Independence Day means nothing to us, apart from spammy threads clogging up our internet reading! And occasionally an annoying American facebook friend telling us all about the great time they're having!
    It always reminds me of everything the French have done for us, something we often seem to forget in the states.

Happy Birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by paciloverbaby3 View Post
    Dear United Kingdom and the English, for the 237th time, we apologize for the trouble we caused in the war, but we also than you for allowing us independence. From, a country you used to own, America.
    Please, allow me to relieve you of your feeling of guilt. I'll take the country off your hands if you like.... actually we do alright down under, no war yet somehow we have independence from the British, only they haven't quite worked that out yet....(pssst...don't tell the queen OK...).

Actually you better keep the US, I could handle the responsibility. happy 4th....

Well, in all seriousness happy birthday.

Ironically, today I was asking myself "I wonder what the British think of us. In fact I wonder what all the countries think of us." No doubt we both share some guilt due to historical events (us: Indian Removal, Korea, Vietnam, Middle East) and of course the British for the colonies and the revolution. But I have no doubt we're the laughing stock now for some reason.

I have the mindset that the grass is greener on the other side of the pond though. Love America, but I'm going to probably going to go to England for my later years of life.

Happy birthday.

I personally know of a group of people (Lived with them for 15 months) that celebrate The 4th of July in a patriotic fashion, but they also say "America: Love it or give it back to us we were here several thousand years before you showed up."

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    Happy birthday.

I personally know of a group of people (Lived with them for 15 months) that celebrate The 4th of July in a patriotic fashion, but they also say "America: Love it or give it back to us we were here several thousand years before you showed up."
    about 12 thousand, my Father told me....... (grin)