Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help i would like to try some think new

Default Help i would like to try some think new

So i have been wearing disposables nappies for a some time now i have heard that tery towel or cloth reusable nappies with plastic pants feel great i have never tried them be for but would like to. What are the benefits of these ? and is it worth the bother of washing or shod i just stick to disposable adult nappies. And where can i get them from ? thanks. little leo

Http://www.baby-pants.com that's where I got mine, however in my opinion I still prefer disposable diapers over cloth for the feeling.

Cherub

well, you must first decide how you feel about the sensations of wearing a cloth diaper (or training pants). For some people the physical sensation is the same, others can feel the difference. I have 3 cloth items, two training pants and one AIO cloth diaper. I've never 'used' any of my cloth items for wetting or messing. I just like to either wear them, for the bulky feeling that is like a diaper, or wear them over top of disposables. However, the biggest plus I think for cloth is the ability to wash and reuse. That fact alone can be a HUGE money saver.

thanks Cherub. I was looking for the bulky feeling for me any think soft i love and have heard that tery towel or cloth reusable nappies are very soft the money side of things may be good to as this morning i was given my 4 week notes for my job so saving money is a good move right now. But i do love my disposables tho and will all ways have them.I just want some think new to try though it might be fun. hugs little leo

However, the biggest plus I think for cloth is the ability to wash and reuse. That fact alone can be a HUGE money saver.
    I think this depends a lot on your situation. If you live in an apartment where you have to pay or use a laundromat you may find disposibles far cheaper and less awkward to maintain. If you live with family then you may be able to get away with washing without distorting Electric/Water bills too badly. If you live on your own and you have a washer that is obviously ideal, however expect it to affect your other bills. At the end of the day I question how the disposable/cloth trade off turns out.

Hmm good point i did not take some of this into consideration thanks for pointing this out. hugs leo

I have used both I prefer disposable. If you use cloth and us them you will need a diaper pail. As some one pointed out the cost of washing them. Sorry to hear about your Job

hey little one. No its cool i knew it was coming one door closed and a new door will open i hope. Hmm i think i will not uses the nappy for what it is meant for i just like the thought of the nappy being soft and bulky. hope you are doing well ? big hugs. little leo

Quote Originally Posted by littleleo View Post
    hey little one. No its cool i knew it was coming one door closed and a new door will open i hope. Hmm i think i will not uses the nappy for what it is meant for i just like the thought of the nappy being soft and bulky. hope you are doing well ? big hugs. little leo
    Have to tell you that I used to use a towel to hide my bed wetting. I would fold it up and hold it in place with my undies. It worked.

With wearing cloth there is another expense and that is in the plastic pants. They don't last forever like cloth diapers, and have to be occasionally replaced. PUL plastic pants will last a lot longer. If you aren't going to wet your cloth diapers, then you wouldn't need plastic pants.