Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: police shoot dog

This is one example of why I stand firmly against the government and its enforcement arm having the monopoly on the use of force.

I'm gonna add a trigger warning to the first video. If you watch it, prepare to see a dog being shot and then dying.
    Last edited by LittleMiss; 04-Jul-2013 at 13:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawlf View Post
    This is one example of why I stand firmly against the government and its enforcement arm having the monopoly on the use of force.
    thinking that through... should the guy have shot the police officers?

No but it did take place in a state where the citizens are in large forbidden from carrying guns. He wouldn't have been able to shoot the cop that shot his dog anyway. There is no law against filming police in public, they had no grounds to arrest the man and shoot his dog. There seems to be a growing discontent towards police officers across America, especially in areas where cops think they're above the law.

No but it did take place in a state where the citizens are in large forbidden from carrying guns. He wouldn't have been able to shoot the cop that shot his dog anyway. There is no law against filming police in public, they had no grounds to arrest the man and shoot his dog. There seems to be a growing discontent towards police officers across America, especially in areas where cops think they're above the law.
    i agree with you 100 percent

if he would of turned down his car stero NONE OF IT WOULD OF EVER HAPPENED.

While I am not going to say the police were right in what they did, please review the video and what happened before you post. The police did not shoot his dog and then arrest him for recording it. Rather, they were in the process of arresting him (on what grounds I am unsure) and the dog was unsecured in a vehicle and able to get out, barking and close to the officers in what was already a highly charged environment.

I do not state that the officers did anything appropriate or not, or that the dog owner did everything appropriate or not. I am simply trying to clarify the order of events based on the video I viewed. Conflicting stories exist as to why the man was arrested, so I will not comment there.

While we can sit calmly on this side of the computer screen and review the footage available, the full back story has likely not emerged.

When the cops say "stop" - even if I don't agree with them, I stop. Cops shoot dog=wrong, owner acting the way he did=both wrong. Hopefully all of the parties involved learned something

June

This was merely a case of police incompetence, and does not reflect the police forces in the US as a whole, but rather this individual officer. Much like how Zimmerman
    and his irresponsible decision to pick a fight with a teenager and then shoot him do not reflect concealed weapon permit holders around the US.