Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Default Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Hi!

Is anybody else in the beta for this? I was very hesitant about it, given Square's penchant for messing up MMO's... but gosh it's very very good. The NDA is over, so if anybody is curious I'd love to answer any questions. If you only know of FF14 from the original launch it's worth noting that this is an entirely new game. The end of the world happened at the closure of 14 and this takes place five years later with an entirely rebuilt experience. It's much more accessible to WoW and Rift players than it was, at least.

http://i.imgur.com/0I62iIK.png

One of the really fun things is that your character can be any class (and job, but there's a difference). You equip a spear? You become a level 1 Lancer. Equip a bow? Level 1 Archer. Saw? Level 1 Carpenter. You level everything independently, but every 5 levels you gain a "socket" that lets you bring over abilities from other classes. So my level 15 Lancer has Cure from the Conjurer, Straight Shot from the Archer and also the ability from the Botanist that marks fertile trees on the map. It's really very cool, and switching between classes is simple. It really gives you a lot of power over your class customization and you can make some really neat builds...

Anyway, does anybody play? Or have any questions...?

I'm playing in the Beta

Came in during the 2nd Phase since I didnt meet the time requirement for full legacy status.
    I play on the Excalibur server at the moment and will probably stay there even after the 6 month requirement before transfers.

I'm a Dunesfolk Lalafell with 50 Thaum(BLM), 50 Conj(WHM), 50 Lance(DRG) and 50 Marauder(WAR). I mostly play WHM now even at the end of the 1.0 servers and I love doing the Ifrit runs, mostly cause I like shiny weps, and come one even the Mog and Garuda weps aren't as cool looking as Ifrit ones :3. I really love how they made 2.0 though so I'm definitely gonna keep playing.

I'm just hoping that in Phase 4 I can start getting my relic weapons because I've really been after Thyrus and Gae Bolg, I could care less for the others but those 2 I really have to get especially since Thyrus adds massive damage to my Holy spell for WHM.
    Last edited by Noodle; 02-Jul-2013 at 00:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Came in during the 2nd Phase since I didnt meet the time requirement for full legacy status.
    You didn't have to be in Legacy, you could of just been lucky. I know I've been playing since late alpha.

But yeah. Why wouldn't you play Final Fantasy XIV. It has adorable lalafells :0

I got in on phase 2 and that was loads of fun, sadly i've not been able to do any of the phase 3 stuff because me internet now sucks.

Ugh, I was accepted into the original beta, but my computer wouldn't run it at the time... I reapplied for this one, but still no e-mail or anything... guess I'll have to wait for open beta.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiningFire View Post
    Ugh, I was accepted into the original beta, but my computer wouldn't run it at the time... I reapplied for this one, but still no e-mail or anything... guess I'll have to wait for open beta.
    Original beta as in years ago or a previous beta for A Realm Reborn? Everyone who gets into beta gets to continue into the next beta, so if you actually got accepted into alpha/phase 1, you should be able to play now with the same code/account.

Quote Originally Posted by Rissy View Post
    You didn't have to be in Legacy, you could of just been lucky. I know I've been playing since late alpha.

But yeah. Why wouldn't you play Final Fantasy XIV. It has adorable lalafells :0
    Because people called Rissy play it :<
    Also I wasnt that lucky P:

I have been playing since Phase 1 of the beta. Legacy status, FTW! Funny enough, Noodle brought me back to the game last year and he never managed to get legacy, sadly.

I'm also on the Excalibur server. Here's the screen shot I took of my Lodestone character page below.

I love how SqEnix has changed the game (for the most part) but I haven't been able to play much of the 3rd phase due to being on vacation the first weekend and was in the process of moving the 2nd weekend. Looking forward to phase 4 as Noodle is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1372800344045.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	17581  

Quote Originally Posted by Beleg View Post
    I have been playing since Phase 1 of the beta. Legacy status, FTW! Funny enough, Noodle brought me back to the game last year and he never managed to get legacy, sadly.

I'm also on the Excalibur server. Here's the screen shot I took of my Lodestone character page below.

I love how SqEnix has changed the game (for the most part) but I haven't been able to play much of the 3rd phase due to being on vacation the first weekend and was in the process of moving the 2nd weekend. Looking forward to phase 4 as Noodle is.
    I blame drama P:
    AND YOURE WELCOME xD

Lmao, you brought drama to me when I first got into the game and you introduced me to your 'friend'... THAT SHIT WAS INTERESTING! LOL. ;-) Just giving you a hard time.

Will post a few screenshots from the first two phases when I head downstairs to my office later.