Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adult Baby, Role Play or a Child side of You.

Default Adult Baby, Role Play or a Child side of You.

I know there are some who like to roll play being a baby, I do know that there are some who really do have a child side of them. I would be one of them.

Wonder where others would place themselves.

If you have a child side to you still have toys to play with.( Yes I have toys.)

yes yes yes child side of me 4 shore. i don't need to think about it i'm there! and loving it. No roll play for me i have very strong regression it's black and white for me just like that. Super hugs little leo

I know these posts of mine are probably getting old, but definitely actually a kid. Granted, I am 18 years old physically and intellectually, I am still a little 3 year old kid through and through. I only refer to what I do as regression because its the simplest way to put it, but really it's more like I have been forced to act like I am even older than 18 (believe it or not) by society and it gets to the point where, when I finally relax and be myself, I have a hard time switching back. It hasn't been so hard over the past couple days because I have spent a lot of time being myself and therefore can switch more fluidly, but on average it is hard to (hopefully that is a good explanation). That said, yes of course I still have toys, though I am going to be purging a bunch of broken ones to make room for new ones (gonna keep the best though).

Spike

Toys do not a child make, nor diapers, either. I certainly won't dispute that you guys have something different going on than me in your personality and it's a convenient shorthand to say it's your little/child side. I just hope we don't lose sight that what's at work is more interesting and mysterious than just being kids.

You're clearly not children, both in terms of physical age and size of course but that's not so relevant for an online forum. What is relevant is the difference in your experience and the level at which you function. Real children aren't capable of managing the kind of self-examination you're engaged in in this thread and elsewhere and certainly not of expressing it.

I don't think childhood is a place that can be returned to. It's a lurching process of growth (physical and mental) and self-discovery. We can cultivate and choose to emphasize characteristics that are childlike, such as enthusiasm, a sense of wonder, lack of inhibition, etc. but we can't (without significant neurological impairment) toss aside the effect of years of experience in an ongoing way.

As unimpressive as the "adult baby" (or kid, etc.) label is, I think one element that really works is the merger of these two disparate things. It's imprecise as we're both and neither but it takes a swag at the strange nature of our situation. I think it's less important to get bogged down in who is "real" or who is "just pretending" but to see what all of us can take from this that improves our lives and those around us.
    Last edited by Trevor; 27-Jun-2013 at 23:43. Reason: typo fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Toys do not a child make, nor diapers, either. I certainly won't dispute that you guys have something different going on than me in your pessonality and it's a convenient shorthand to say it's your little/child side. I just hope we don't lose sight that what's at work is more interesting and mysterious than just being kids.

You're clearly not children, both in terms of physical age and size of course but that's not so relevant for an online forum. What is relevant is the difference in your experience and the level at which you function. Real children aren't capable of managing the kind of self-examination you're engaged in in this thread and elsewhere and certainly not of expressing it.

I don't think childhood is a place that can be returned to. It's a lurching process of growth (physical and mental) and self-discovery. We can cultivate and choose to emphasize characteristics that are childlike, such as enthusiasm, a sense of wonder, lack of inhibition, etc. but we can't (without significant neurological impairment) toss aside the effect of years of experience in an ongoing way.

As unimpressive as the "adult baby" (or kid, etc.) label is, I think one element that really works is the merger of these two disparate things. It's imprecise as we're both and neither but it takes a swag at the strange nature of our situation. I think it's less important to get bogged down in who is "real" or who is "just pretending" but to see what all of us can take from this that improves our lives and those around us.
    I spent years seeing doctors including 3 years seeing a shrink. Trying to find out why I was so child like. For me it turned out to be both Emotional and physical. The Emotional part stems from abuse. The physical, I am borderline autistic .

There are many reason why some one could be child like. There just as many reasons why some one would want to be child like.

Our brains are mysterious things, some times wires get crossed that should have not been. Some times wires that should have been crossed didn't.

Having a an Adult side and a Child side is hard to explain, to tell the truth I would not wish it on any one. It will drive you nuts trying to figure it out.

It seems the older I get, the more I want to go back to being that in-between toddler and kindergarten age. I remember that as being a very good time in my life, where I first began to remember things and learn. Before school got their meathooks into me, before bullies and social pressure and expectations. I never wanted to grow up, but I also don't know if I want to regress TOO far back... So I guess I'd say I have more of a child side than a role-play thing.

Toys, do I. I still have a full case of Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars. I have Star Wars toys including a stage-fx lightsaber. Video games are toys for big kids but I still like action figures and the toys that I had when I was physically a kid- TransFormers (the originals), He-Man, the old WWF wrestlers made of rubber (I had the ring too, haha). I also liked building toys like Erector Sets, Lincoln Logs, and of course, Legos. Who doesn't love Legos? Unless you step on one...

SOME big scientific words there (Trevor). But the matter of the fact is. No toys do not make me a child or do nappies and i say me as i only want to speak for my self that way i don't up set any one. The fact is that they do give me a feeling of comfort in return making feel safe FACT!.As for regression it's a power full thing and yes for some people it come's at different levels. Just may be its away of being able to replace old rememberies of childhood for new ones as many people have had there childhood taken away from them through no fault of their own and are taking back what was theirs in the 1st place. its black and white for me. And as for pretending well adults are the worst saying i'm ok when i'm not putting on a smile when i want to cry! pretending i'm sorry but the whole world is pretending so that one just does not stick with me. I think your post was a Silent Attack! and very Insensitive!. I feel sad for all the little ones that now have to read your scientific Put Down . Sorry if i have up set any one with this reply but had to say it how it is. Hugs little leo. happy and proud regression is magic don't let any one put you down FULL STOP.
    Last edited by littleleo; 27-Jun-2013 at 23:54.

For me it's not role play, just an expression of emotional need and a side of me that just never grew up.

Quote Originally Posted by littleleo View Post
    SOME big scientific words there (Trevor). But the matter of the fact is. No toys do not make me a child or do nappies and i say me as i only want to speak for my self that way i don't up set any one. The fact is that they do give me a feeling of comfort in return making feel safe FACT!.As for regression it's a power full thing and yes for some people it come's at different levels. Just may be its away of being able to replace old rememberies of childhood for new ones as many people have had there childhood taken away from them through no fault of their own and are taking back what was theirs in the 1st place. its black and white for me. And as for pretending well adults are the worst saying i'm ok when i'm not putting on a smile when i want to cry! pretending i'm sorry but the whole world is pretending so that one just does not stick with me i think your post was a Silent Attack! and very Insensitive!. I feel sad for all the little ones that now have to read your scientific Put Down . Sorry if i have up set any one with this reply but had to say it how it is. Hugs little leo. happy and proud regression is magic don't let any one put you down FULL STOP.
    Well said. There are many reason we are like we are , many stories behind each of us.

Quote Originally Posted by littleleo View Post
    SOME big scientific words there (Trevor). But the matter of the fact is. No toys do not make me a child or do nappies and i say me as i only want to speak for my self that way i don't up set any one. The fact is that they do give me a feeling of comfort in return making feel safe FACT!.As for regression it's a power full thing and yes for some people it come's at different levels. Just may be its away of being able to replace old rememberies of childhood for new ones as many people have had there childhood taken away from them through no fault of their own and are taking back what was theirs in the 1st place. its black and white for me. And as for pretending well adults are the worst saying i'm ok when i'm not putting on a smile when i want to cry! pretending i'm sorry but the whole world is pretending so that one just does not stick with me i think your post was a Silent Attack! and very Insensitive!. I feel sad for all the little ones that now have to read your scientific Put Down . Sorry if i have up set any one with this reply but had to say it how it is. Hugs little leo. happy and proud regression is magic don't let any one put you down FULL STOP.
    I'm sorry to upset you. That certainly isn't my intention. I'm no scientist but I like to think I can analyze things when they're in front of me. I've seen more than one thread along these lines and they seem to be be circling around this central point of grown people describing themselves as children and I don't see how that can be accurate. I don't doubt that you have that feeling but not all feelings we have reflect reality. These feelings of yours are clearly important to you and there's nothing wrong with that. I concede your differences and if we gave you the proper tests, you might well have a lot in common with children. I think we'd also find you have much in common with adults. Humans have lots in common with chimpanzees. We are not chimps (not that there's anything wrong with being a chimp).

What effect would my post have had on a child? It would have sailed right over their head, being so much blather. That you can understand it and take offense at it says to me you're not a child. I'm not disputing your childlike mindset and that it's important to you. My point is that it's not the same as being a child and I suggest that's a good thing.