Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music gear!

Default Music gear!

Jargon alert for the non-musicians on the boards...

First off, a list of my current gear:

Harmony 'Master" acoustic guitar built in 1958
    Harmony solid-body (term used loosely) student electric built in the 80s
    Squier 'Double Fat' Strat from 1998, heavily modified (and heavy)
    Epiphone 'Junior' Les Paul from mid-90s, drives a Roland GR-20 synth
    Ibanez Gio? G10? I got for $20
    CBS Fender necked Telecaster clone

2 Japanese 'Lawsuit' era basses (mid-seventies):
    Arbor 'Jazz Bass' clone I installed big fat EMGs in
    Ibanez 4388B alias 'Rickenbacker 4001' - my baby!

Ludwig 4-piece drum kit in Ringo Starr's 1st USA tour dimensions, only with a later Super Sensitive snare in 'Lud-alloy' and the wraps are Blue Oyster Pearl rather than Black OP, and for some reason the kick has a 'Buddy Rich stand' lug on it. Hardware is mostly updated Ludwig-badged heavier-duty, the better to support the Sabian cymbals on (I'm a heathen I know)

Here are the drums:
    http://imageshack.us/a/img811/33/aw9a.jpg

and some of my recorders

http://imageshack.us/a/img834/1525/iqfr.jpg

I have an old Ibanez PF100. It's supposed to be one of the best ones made, before Ibanez had to change them. For an amp I have a Roland Blues Cube 30. Only pedal I have is an old Boss DS-1 pre-87. I also have a drum set, but it's cheap. Whenever I actually have money to spend (ha!) I would like to buy another guitar. Something good for metal.

In guitars:

2003 Squier Limited edition electric blue stratocaster (My guitar baby)
    An older Cort CR100 Les paul copy with an Ibanez humbucker in the neck position, Hagstrom superswede humbucker in the bridge.
    My "Mutt" Ibanez RX60 (Only the body is Ibanez, I modded a strat neck to fit, painted the entire thing and added all new hardware/pickups).
    '96 Ariana Acoustic guitar, installed new tuners and nut.

In Basses:

2001 Cort GB44. My first bass, fully stock except for a shielding job I did and some new jazz bass knobs.
    2003 Cort GB54. Bought this on ebay for $75, fully stock and very versatile.
    1986 Cort Slammer bass. I made up a new wiring harness for this bass, chicken head knobs, new tuners, new bridge.
    2011 Squier Bronco bass. A gift from my Girlfriend. Fully stock, one of the lightest basses I've ever played.
    Parts precision bass. I bought a smashed bass body on ebay for really cheap, repainted the body, bought a neck, changed the pickups and electronics, added different tuners, a new bridge. Filed a nut for it.

Amps:

Fender rumble 150 Bass amp.
    Fender frontman bass amp.
    Kustom bass amp.

Pedals:

MXR distortion plus
    Boss Bass chorus.

i've got a drumstick left
    (our now departed Charly Chuckle chewed the other one).

as you may already know, i do things on the cheap, and that included music. i did used to have quite a few harmonicas, too.

My premier instrument is a Yamaha DC5 (6'7") grand piano.

I've also got a banjo and a whole box of harmonicas of various styles along with some synths and a PC synth system.

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenDL View Post
    I have an old Ibanez PF100. It's supposed to be one of the best ones made, before Ibanez had to change them. For an amp I have a Roland Blues Cube 30. Only pedal I have is an old Boss DS-1 pre-87. I also have a drum set, but it's cheap. Whenever I actually have money to spend (ha!) I would like to buy another guitar. Something good for metal.
    I had a PF-3 I bought new with the money I made selling a Takamine classical, it was all right, neck SAH didn't hurt my hand like the Takamine. Ended up abandoning it at my old church, same as a Yamaha RBX bass (which are actually an extreme value in terms of sound and playability)

Ronb you must be from Australia, my 'gf' has a Cort and carries a torch for them. Definitely held in higher regard there than in America del Norte

Maybe I should have called the thread Music Gear On Welfare; the Ibanez bass and the Fostex 8-track are the only things I have still where I went to the music store and got them on layaway. The Luddies were absolutely the ultimate in curbside Easter Eggs; NWIH I'll ever find a deal like that again in my lifetime (well ok maybe my Derbi Variant moped)

Quote Originally Posted by MOPaddED View Post
    Ronb you must be from Australia, my 'gf' has a Cort and carries a torch for them. Definitely held in higher regard there than in America del Norte
    Nope, not from Australia, I just really like the instruments. Amazing quality for the price, that's why I own 4 of them!

my 2 baby's fender custom so-cal and a fender mexican Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PIC_0249.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	17575

I'm thinking that the next bass I add to my arsenal will be something of a higher calibre. I love all of my instruments to death, and wouldn't hesitate to gig any of them (I've gigged most of them), but I want something that I can keep around for a long time and really enjoy it. All of the instruments I listed will stay with me, but I cannot wait to order my first custom bass. it's going to be an amazing journey.

So far, a bass by Mike Kinal seems likes my first choice. But there are so many to choose from. Who knows! I might end up going with an off-the-shelf bass... decisions, decisions...

-Ron

:CloseEnough!:

Well, for me it's not music gear as you view it! But hey it's my listening rig!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130623-00137.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	17576

Custom moulded UE900s with a Epiphany O2 DAC... I'll be listening to your music guys!
    Just make some decent CDs!!