Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby Cribs >.>

Default Baby Cribs >.>

are extremely expensive depending on what you get $300+ was just curious and did a quick google search

lead me to think those guys that sell ab cribs are within the right price range i guess

It would be much cheaper to build your own!! when I move in with my boyfriend he plans on helping me build my nursery!! pre-made adult baby furniture is really expensive, I understand why. but here are some blue prints, hope this helps C:

http://www.badbabyfur.com/cribplan.pdf

Im thankfull im "just" short enough i can still sleep in a real baby crib A full size crib would be awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LilBiker View Post
    Im thankfull im "just" short enough i can still sleep in a real baby crib A full size crib would be awesome!!!
    awwww I'm jealous!!!! Your so lucky!!!

You could also buy a baby crib and use it as a template for building something larger, using 1 x 4's and 2 x 4's, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    You could also buy a baby crib and use it as a template for building something larger, using 1 x 4's and 2 x 4's, etc.
    Ah well the one i am in the moment of designing is based off the standard single mattress the american one btw

also i have never got to mess with a baby crib befor so one thing that perplex me is the mechanism that controls the sliding side

Quote Originally Posted by Zebus View Post
    Ah well the one i am in the moment of designing is based off the standard single mattress the american one btw

also i have never got to mess with a baby crib befor so one thing that perplex me is the mechanism that controls the sliding side
    That would confuse me too, that's why I would have to buy a baby crib to see how it actually works. In reality, I would just go up into my attic and pull the one I have up there down. It was our kid's when they were little, and we saved it for the grandchildren.

Building your own crib isnt that hard, not if you take your time and follow plans. Theres numerous variations and designs out there, so just find one within your skill level (finding a kink friendly friend whos a wood worker really helps). Ive built two in my life, for friends, but i hope to build a puppy cage and a crib in the near future. I just get bogged down by overthinking it and wanting to add more features.

pepsicolaisgreat

I have an actual baby crib that I sleep in every now and then. I'm 6ft tall and can sleep comfortably in it as I sleep curled up in the fetal position anyway.

I'd like to have an adult crib but the cost is prohibitive. I doubt I could build one myself so buying one is something that has been consigned to the 'someday, maybe' list. I'd imagine most custom furniture stores could make one - it just might be a bit awkward to have to ask!