Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monster University

Default Monster University

Man, what a average run of the mill flick. The first half was insanely boring and you already know they get a job as a team. There were really good jokes/gags not shown in the trailer but if you don't want/need to see it don't. Wait for home video.

awww man! that sounds disappointing!! I was really looking forward to this movie!! but it sounds best to redbox it and save some cash! darn ^^*
    I know most films arn't as good as the first, but was it that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Shido View Post
    awww man! that sounds disappointing!! I was really looking forward to this movie!! but it sounds best to redbox it and save some cash! darn ^^*
    I know most films arn't as good as the first, but was it that bad?
    Well I never truly watched the first movie but I know the gist of the first one. If you've see the first one ask yourself "Do I really need to find out how Mike and Sully met?" because you know they won't die. You know kids/people aren't lethal to monsters by touch and Boo won't be seen at all since she hasn't been born.

The last half is somewhat entertaining, but again you know it all works out in the end. If somehow you don't know *anything* about the first movie then it's perfect.

I have to say that I watched both movies and found each to be great in its own way. Monsters inc was the one with more heart and a more serious story (not completely serious, but had more heart for sure), while MU was just plain and simple fun to watch, and still managed to get some heart in. I do, however, admit that I probably feel this way because I have been a long time fan of the original, and while backstory was not needed for these characters, it was truly an awesome idea. Point being in this, don't watch it expecting to have major twists, but rather as a sort of "brotherly bonding" story with elements of nostalgia and a decent amount of humor (largely from cameos made by M Inc characters). Personally, I will be buying this when it comes out and am so glad to have watched it!

Quote Originally Posted by KidSpike13 View Post
    I have to say that I watched both movies and found each to be great in its own way. Monsters inc was the one with more heart and a more serious story (not completely serious, but had more heart for sure), while MU was just plain and simple fun to watch, and still managed to get some heart in. I do, however, admit that I probably feel this way because I have been a long time fan of the original, and while backstory was not needed for these characters, it was truly an awesome idea. Point being in this, don't watch it expecting to have major twists, but rather as a sort of "brotherly bonding" story with elements of nostalgia and a decent amount of humor (largely from cameos made by M Inc characters). Personally, I will be buying this when it comes out and am so glad to have watched it!
    Yeah I wasn't trying to say its a bad movie it flowed better then Brave did last year. I didn't expect the final ending the way it panned out but it wasn't until Act 2 that it was any good. Asides for the very first part of the movie, that was good.

I'm a really big fan of the first movie, I love the characters and would love to see back stories!!!
    It does sound like fluff and sillyness!! But I will still be sure to go see it

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Yeah I wasn't trying to say its a bad movie it flowed better then Brave did last year. I didn't expect the final ending the way it panned out but it wasn't until Act 2 that it was any good. Asides for the very first part of the movie, that was good.
    Yeah, the first part was kinda silly, but was neat to watch as a fan. No worries, haha, I wasn't trying to say you were knocking it. It was more of an attempt to provide fresh perspective.
    Spike

hmm. i saw this about a week ago, not sure what to think. i agree act 2 was definitely better but i did enjoy the full movie. no where near as good as the first one of course. i really liked the last 10 minutes it was actually really funny haha

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Man, what a average run of the mill flick. The first half was insanely boring and you already know they get a job as a team. There were really good jokes/gags not shown in the trailer but if you don't want/need to see it don't. Wait for home video.
    I saw the movie was really good lived up to my expectation

one thing to note is that in the movie they did not show 90% of the stuff shown in trailers IE disco ball trailer...

i feel this is good because it takes out a part that i already knew was going to happen and then caught me off guard with other content

Quote Originally Posted by Zebus View Post
    I saw the movie was really good lived up to my expectation

one thing to note is that in the movie they did not show 90% of the stuff shown in trailers IE disco ball trailer...

i feel this is good because it takes out a part that i already knew was going to happen and then caught me off guard with other content
    the only thing that cahught me off guard was when mike goes trough the door and what follows after it. However they didn't give any reason to suspect it was anything other then just a normal door students were learning how to build.