Thread: Discovering You!

Default Discovering You!

I was writing a post recently, and a revelation dropped off a tree and hit me in the head. I realized I've learned alot about myself since i recognized my AB/DL side. I've regained memories from my childhood, taught myself acceptance, and even grown in my self-control. It's made me curious...

What all have you learned about yourself since your introduction to a diapered life?

I would say acceptance of myself but also acceptance of the differences of others. That we are all unique individuals and that the notion of normal is relative.

Whether you're 21 or 53, continue to learn, to grow, and to be kind and caring to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Turfy View Post
    What all have you learned about yourself since your introduction to a diapered life?
    I think that for me it is 'What have I learned about myself since I have accepted my diaper life?"

That for me was the biggest step of all. Then joining this group, finally talking to my therapist about the guilt and shame, and opening up to the important people in my life was the start of an amazing journey. Since I have accepted the DL part of my life I have gained control of the situation that was not the monster within I had made it out to be. I have balance and understanding, along with the help of my wife and two close friends.

Plus the benefit is that I found this site, and have made new friends from all corners of this planet, and have seen that the news is based on the nut jobs that breed hate and ignorance. While we sit and talk with one another. There is occasional squabbling and disagreements, but there is always a level headed peace keep that says "time out and take a breath". And even if it was for "funny titles", we as an international group held an election and no body had to blow up something to make there point. I realize that, yes Moo fits the title of big brother and has his staff to help him maintain order, but we have a group covenant and we respect and abide by it. If we don't then we are asked to leave and not come back. Still be have our rules, we follow them, and we get along, live our life style and enjoy each others company if we chose to.

So if 3k+ diapered people can do it then why cant the other 8+ billion do it too.

I have learned a lot over the last year and a half or so. My diapered journey began as one that i did not really want but had to learn to deal with and accept. I think that One of the main things it has taught me is to look at people and their choices in a different light. Because of the way I was raised I was kinda forced to see people for what they did and not who they are. Now it is the opposite. To me I have learned that is does not matter what a person does or the "weird" things they might be into, it is all about showing a love for all people and shining just one little ray of kindness into their life. If one word I say makes one person feel better then I have made a change in the word. So I have learned that everyday I strive to make a persons interaction with me have a postive effect on their day.

One thing I have learned of myself is how to have balance. When I first let myself indulge in the ABDL life style it was kinda like it took over me. It was always on my mind and emotionally I was addicted to it in a bad way. I kinda let real life fall away and just lived in my own little baby world, even though it may not have appeared that way to many others. But in my imagination I was. So I learned when to give in and when to shut it out. I also learned that I can not always just shut it out because I am busy, or it builds up and over flows out the top in a way I can not control. As in everything in life you simply have to that on one side of the scale and real life on the other and find the balance that allows you to be true to yourself yet be able to function in the world as an adult does.
    And wow I am rambling. So that is what i have learned.

Oh And I learned that I can not live with out a pacifier lol

this question is to all who have posted so far... and any one who may have some advice to give. I notice that most of you seem content with who you are. My question is this ... as someone who has only just begun to accept this as a part of my life, How do I know where it stops? I feel that i have always been DL but I dream about, and some times wish, for the AB side. is this an indicator of something i should pursue ? I am kind of lost and still find myself battling with myself over this.

Quote Originally Posted by sirscience View Post
    this question is to all who have posted so far... and any one who may have some advice to give. I notice that most of you seem content with who you are. My question is this ... as someone who has only just begun to accept this as a part of my life, How do I know where it stops? I feel that i have always been DL but I dream about, and some times wish, for the AB side. is this an indicator of something i should pursue ? I am kind of lost and still find myself battling with myself over this.
    While I haven't posted here yet...my sentiment and experience is much like those above...

I would say to you...that this is the beginning of a journey...the questions that you ask...you must ask yourself each day...as you experience more, you will find what those answers are for you...

You'll probably just have to keep experimenting...perhaps AB is for you, or perhaps you've over-built/billed it...try a bit here and there...

Accept yourself as best that you can now...and each day forward...

Warmest regards,
    -Marka

Quote Originally Posted by sirscience View Post
    That is one of the major problems with the whole thing and the answers are as numerous as there are members. It involves a lot of "soul searching" and figuring out what it is exactly that one is missing or wanting.

In my case it turns out that my infancy was abruptly taken away from me and I have PTSD because of it. What I have been looking for since I was diaper disciplined at the age of 3+ is that time when it was OK to be held and loved. So that is the point that I regress to as a therapeutic coping mechanism to dump off all of the adult trash that adds to my depression.

However, the main point is to be in control of the regression and not be controlled by it. The same is true for the DL part also and doing what one needs for one's own satisfaction, yet still taking care of one's life along with it. Balance is the necessity, to control the life style. Point blank and blunt: "put your big kid pants on to make the necessities so your little can have a diaper in a safe environment."

I have been in this group for 5 months now and it has become a lot easier, but I still have to be aware of the moment and ask if "this is necessary". That gets very tiring, but with the acceptance of the ABDL aspect of my life, I am more able to focus on the other baggage of my life that I need to work on. So the mind numbing battle of the binge and purge cycle of the ABDL that was always interfering with my overall mental health is not hindering my ability to cope with stress that is now my major issue.

I hope this helps.

There is nothing wrong with me, it's normal, I'm not alone, I will always like them. I also discovered they are sexual for me and so are diaper changes. I am very lucky to meet a guy into it too and I can continue wearing them without them affecting our sex life and marriage.

What have lerned about me, That I am both an Adult and a Child. I have learned that there are others like me out there. The child part of us is not roll play but it is who we really are.

Quote Originally Posted by Turfy View Post
    I was writing a post recently, and a revelation dropped off a tree and hit me in the head.
    Wait so it wasn't gravity? :P In all seriousness (if that's possible) I've discovered alot about my childhood quirks, which ones stuck with me, and alot more insight into myself in general than ever before, which is really cool because I find it alot more natural now than I did before. It really makes it easier to rp/ get into the mood. (For me anyways)