Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Random things you've noticed, or think you've noticed about the ABDL community

Default Random things you've noticed, or think you've noticed about the ABDL community

Lots of people have mommys
    Lots of people watch MLP
    Lots of people had a bad childhood OR had something bad happen in their childhood.
    Lots of people had many accidents in their childhoods
    Lots of people had to wear diapers as punishment

These are some things I have noticed, are they true for most of us or just memorable.

for me all I have is the MLP thing and possibly the childhood but Its more of a less than ideal then bad so I don't think it counts.
    (No abuse or anything like that)
    Last edited by SicartheaSpikefan; 21-Jun-2013 at 00:35.

I would disagree that a lot of people have had a bad childhood and that lots of people had to wear as punishment. In fact I don't know anyone who had been punished that way

I would disagree with most of these observations, depending on how we define "lots of people".

The overwhelming majority of people do not seem to report poor childhoods or problems in them. Relatively few ABDLs actually have a mommy, though those that do tend to be disproportionately active and visible in the community. Bronies are also just a visible minority.

If by "lots of people", you mean enough to notice a group of them, then perhaps, but then that's not a particularly meaningful statement. By that definition, lots of people in the ABDL community have brown hair and like to play video games.
    Last edited by Fruitkitty; 20-Jun-2013 at 22:25.

A lot of people don't have mommy's.
    A lot of people had great childhoods.
    Very few were punished with diapers.

But,as you said, this thread is what u think u have observed.

Quote Originally Posted by SicartheaSpikefan View Post
    Lots of people have mommys
    More like 'Lots of people WANT mommies.'

Lots of people watch MLP
    Not so much 'ABDLs' as 'Nerds On The Internet'

Lots of people had a bad childhood OR had something bad happen in their childhood.
    You'll find that many non ABDLs will say this too.

Lots of people had many accidents in their childhoods
    Again, not atypical of many childhoods.

Lots of people had to wear diapers as punishment
    Ha ha ha... What? You realize that the posts in the story and RP forums are fiction, right?

Cherub

something I've noticed about the AB/DL community. . . .

a decent number of TB's seem to think that AB's in their 30's or older are creepy.
    A decent number of TB's seem to think they will not be into diapers or 'infantilism' when they are adults.

Then again, you asked about the things we've noticed about the "ABDL" community, so my input might be off conversational target.

I've noticed lot of them have disabilities such as with autism, learning, ADHD, and other problems like PTSD, incontinence.

Lot of AB/DL men looking for a mommy or a baby girl have poor social skills worse than someone on the autism spectrum.
    Last edited by Calico; 21-Jun-2013 at 07:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    I've noticed lot of them have disabilities such as with autism, learning, ADHD.
    Do you have any idea how many kids have been diagnosed with AD(H)D? It's like the default go to diagnosis when doctor has no other answer to the parents demanding to know why their kid isn't their ideal dream of a little angle. "I dunno... ADHD. Here, take give'em these pills."

Lets give Spikefan a break here. He has been a busy boy over the last couple of days since he has joined and he is obviously very excited about being here. I think we should use this post to fully educate the little guy and tell him that his initial observations are...not right.

I feel it is really difficult to come to any conclusions about the subjects he mentioned because of the vocal minority problem. Much like how AB/DLs are viewed in the general public. A few nut-cases have set the tone for our lifestyle and it is hard to break through that stereotype.

We should start by educating our own. Then we can educate the rest of the world.