Thread: I got my first adult diapers! Suggestions?

Default I got my first adult diapers! Suggestions?

Alright, so I recently made my first adult diaper purchase, online, at XP Medical. I ordered what I thought to be a memorable first purchase, Abri-Form Super X-Plus! They were SUPER discreet, only the shipping label on the box with just good ol' "Gary Evans" as the sender. I didn't get to test one until the next day, but when I did...Wow, I could have never guessed these were so big! I have tested 2 as of now and thus far I can't get it to leak, even after 5 wettings (I suppose thats good though). Finally! I am able to join everyone in the discussion of adult briefs, and I'm going to enjoy my first SIDF pretty soon What I have come to ask is for is what other briefs would work? I looked at Abri-Form Super and since I can't seem to get an X-Plus used to it's extent, I'd like to know whether or not the absorbency / comfortability of a Super is comparable to the X-Plus. Also, I'd like to try a Secure X-Plus sometime, but I'm not sure about that price and sizing compared to my current fav, the Abri-Form Super X-Plus. =P All comments and suggestions should help! Thanks.

Congrats on your purchase!
    Isn't it such a thrill to buy them? I mean, I don't know what it's like to buy online, but I'm sure it's pretty much the same thrill, amirite?
    As for your questions, I'm not sure. Sorry
    --DeiDei

Hey hon. I use to buy diapers for my friend Stirlock and we got the sample pack one time that had two Supers and two X-Plus and honestly, the Supers were more than enough. Stirlock's pretty much decided that that's his diaper of choice, but maybe if you wanted to pick up the sample pack before you buy a whole case of the Supers it would help you decide. Good luck.

The Abena X pluses are excellant diapers. I really like them, I just wish they were sligthly more absorbant.

But however they won't hole ''5 FULL" wettings. Maybe 5 small ones. However I have to say that if you wet them 4 good times, they will leak on the 4th good wetting if not the 3rd full wetting.

Quote Originally Posted by deidara_desu View Post
    Congrats on your purchase!
    Isn't it such a thrill to buy them? I mean, I don't know what it's like to buy online, but I'm sure it's pretty much the same thrill, amirite?
    Sadly, it was as exciting as receiving just another package, even when I have my license I think I'll still stick to online orders. There just aren't any great products in-store

Quote Originally Posted by supercas29 View Post
    ...the Supers were more than enough.
    Thanks I think I'll try a sample sometime soon also.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathon View Post
    But however they won't hole ''5 FULL" wettings. Maybe 5 small ones. However I have to say that if you wet them 4 good times, they will leak on the 4th good wetting if not the 3rd full wetting.
    I wouldn't call a can of Dr. Pepper and 2 glasses of water something that yields a small result. I used it 4, not 5 times, to correct myself but I also used the diaper over a span of four hours or so. I think I got to 4 wettings because of my resistance to flood the thing xD. At least, going steady and slow helps the absorbency according to several others, so thanks to various people for the tip! I'll wait for other posters before settling on an average number, but you should remember we most likely have varying bladder sizes.
    Thanks for the input either way!

Quote Originally Posted by cais View Post

I wouldn't call a can of Dr. Pepper and 2 glasses of water something that yields a small result. I used it 4, not 5 times, to correct myself but I also used the diaper over a span of four hours or so. I think I got to 4 wettings because of my resistance to flood the thing xD. At least, going steady and slow helps the absorbency according to several others, so thanks to various people for the tip! I'll wait for other posters before settling on an average number, but you should remember we most likely have varying bladder sizes.
    Thanks for the input either way!
    First of all thanks for being reasonable on your response. I do appreciate it. I wasn't really thinking that some people have smaller bladders and that you might not have been flooding it.

I just no for a fact that if I flood 4 times it leaks. I can get 4 out of it if the last time I lay on my back so that it fills the back up and not the front.

~Johnathon~

That's what I don't understand John, TOO MUCH REAR PADDING! I guess you could say I'm trying the "laying back" technique also, I always feel that I need to get the most outta' the entire thing.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathon View Post
    The Abena X pluses are excellant diapers. I really like them, I just wish they were sligthly more absorbant.

I can wet most diapers with the highest absorbency 7-10 times without encountering any leaks. Granted, those are not floods (i.e. bladder is about to burst and hurts already), but still count as more than a dribble. But then, I have a small bladder. If you can hold it for 12 hours and then release that into an XPLus, it probably won't last 4 or 5 wettings. But in order to achieve that, you'd have to wear it for 2 days anyway.
    That said, I've seen someone filling an XPlus front to back in just one good. So it's all very dependent on the person who wears it.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by cais View Post
    That's what I don't understand John, TOO MUCH REAR PADDING! I guess you could say I'm trying the "laying back" technique also, I always feel that I need to get the most outta' the entire thing.
    Exactly!!!

If only they had more padding in the front!

However, somtimes to get the most out of the "brief", I will lay on my back so that I can use all of the absorbant material...

~Johnathon~