Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No more Depend tape-up diaper briefs at CVS?

Question No more Depend tape-up diaper briefs at CVS?

Well, yeah, like I just posted here - https://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-t...ml#post1066478 - I suddenly needed to restock on "actual diapers" and seems every CVS in my corner of New England no longer stocks the actual taped Depend diapers - instead the starter packs and yet-more-discreet variants of the pullups are taking over the shelf (as well as those very-convenient value packs of the pillups so can't complain about thaaaat part).

Barkattheuniverse that I only even wanted to be in pullups to begin with, but I was starting to get used to taping myself up at night or when I could (and that seemed to make an encouraging person happy and that's a lot of what I like about staying padded!) ... I don't see any other posts but I dunno if the search here thinks "CVS" is too short to search.

Do these things still exist retail at other pharmacy chains? Am I horrible and gross for buying in a store at all? (Well, hopefully not, but think about that if you're gonna ewww at someone for doing it and make them feel like an awful creeper maybe? After a few times of blushing it's just like buying slightly awkward groceries for everyone involved. I just started to think of it as 'needing' them and taking a ride in the same boat with those who absolutely do.)

If they're really disappearing, any suggested alternatives for someone who turned out to like the fit / needs the capacity and pretty much found a way to fit them in the budget? I'd hope this means store brand gets a whole lot better but I kinda doubt it in the short term since they've always been a little or a lot wrong? [But I haven't tried any since 2 or 3 years ago, none of the Walgreens stuff rolled out in their product refresh - I got the last of some of their old weird 'go up to your chest' pullups clearance while they were putting the new stuff on the shelf] ... Just a little neurotic about the whole thing, I'd found something I was comfortable with and then suddenly I notice it *poofed* in the usual place I look. (And that raises my sympathies to what everyone who can't just "take a day off" in the worst case must be going through, though I gotta figure I'm late to the grapevine if the last package lasted me 3+ months or something? It's the pullups that I gotta buy every other week, but I was starting to get more crinkly more often. *o_o*)

I've seen them phase out of CVS and Walgreens. They are still at Rite-Aid and Walmart. You would definitely need to watch for sales, though. Rite-Aid is steep. I've started ordering online for cheaper, better quality diapers. I'd suggest checking out cheapchux.com.

They stock what people would buy. However, note that many of the chain store can special order stuff for you regardless of what they have just ask the pharmacy.
    You can also order on walmart.com and have it shipped to the store.

Quote Originally Posted by willnotwill View Post
    They stock what people would buy. However, note that many of the chain store can special order stuff for you regardless of what they have just ask the pharmacy.
    You can also order on walmart.com and have it shipped to the store.
    Really? I tried doing that one time and it said it cannot be shipped to the store...

I've been buying Depends Fitted Maximum Protection (now Depends Protection with Tabs) for years now and I've been very annoyed to see the retail supply dwindling. I can and do buy online but I liked them for the fit, low price, and ready availability. Now there are only two chains in the area where I can find them (both regional chains, so no help for you). If you're dead set on buying at a store, I think you'll have to call around. Perhaps some non-chain pharmacy out there will have them or something better.

They are still around to be purchased online as well as a host of other products, most of which are far superior but also more expensive. Of taped, fairly easily obtained plastic shell diapers, from lowest capacity to highest (price tends to keep pace), I'd say Attends are very close to Depends, having some advantages and some deficiencies compared to them. Next up, Tranquility ATNs, the lower end Abenas (1-2), and Total Dry Plus. Up from there, Unique Wellness, Molicare, Tena Slip Maxi, and Abena 3s. At the top, you've got Abena 4s, Bambinos of any type (Total Dry X-Plus the same as their baseline Bambino), Awwsocute's recent offering (seems the same as Bambino to me), Dry 24/7, and Fabine Exclusive. I left out ABU and another company I don't even like to mention as I don't care for them as companies and can't properly evaluate their place in the ranking. It really is worth checking out what's available in the wider world and fun besides. Good luck

I can't find Depends anywhere anymore--which sucked, because I love (loved?) wearing them. I've got most of a bag left in my stash, but once that's gone...eesh.

Or are these now called Protection With Tabs?

Quote Originally Posted by hti24 View Post
    I can't find Depends anywhere anymore--which sucked, because I love (loved?) wearing them. I've got most of a bag left in my stash, but once that's gone...eesh.

Or are these now called Protection With Tabs?
    Yep. They traded one not very dynamic name for another not very dynamic name.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Yep. They traded one not very dynamic name for another not very dynamic name.
    That's the best news I've gotten all day.

Quote Originally Posted by hti24 View Post
    That's the best news I've gotten all day.
    Even with the name change they're not around as much, at least around these parts. Depends didn't lose any shelf space but they swapped out their best but not very good diapers for pull-up types. Hope you can still find them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Even with the name change they're not around as much, at least around these parts. Depends didn't lose any shelf space but they swapped out their best but not very good diapers for pull-up types. Hope you can still find them.
    They're everywhere here. I just found a place that sells Abenas and Lillies, but I'll work Depends into the rotation as long as they're still making fitted briefs.