Thread: Living a Transgender Childhood

Default Living a Transgender Childhood

This isn't a super-new video, but I've never seen it. I think it is a beautiful story. It is something that just wouldn't have been possible 20 years ago. What do you think?

Living a Transgender Childhood - YouTube

I feel terrible for saying this, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I'm very, very jealous! However, I wish her the best! No one should have to suffer over never being able to be himself or herself. I just wish things could be different for me. (I did not actually watch the video past a few seconds though)

Thanks for sharing. This is a pretty cool video and yes, something you wouldn't have really seen much of a good while ago. Certainly not to the extent we're starting to see it now. I really wish the girl the best!

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    I feel terrible for saying this, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I'm very, very jealous! However, I wish her the best! No one should have to suffer over never being able to be himself or herself. I just wish things could be different for me. (I did not actually watch the video past a few seconds though)
    ShippoFox, I know you've had a real rough go at this thing.
    I think what might be so painful is to see a child with parents who obviously are this accepting and caring for this child that they're willing to go to such lengths to help him/her feel so much better in this world. When you don't exactly have that support, while you are happy for those who have it, jealousy will ultimately rule your thoughts and put you down in the dumps. This movie, while awesome, kind of did that to me too.

Is it weird that I don't currently identify as transgender MtF, but that a deeply-rooted part of me was inherently jealous that Joey gets to wear dresses and live as a girl? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by spddan View Post
    ShippoFox, I know you've had a real rough go at this thing.
    I think what might be so painful is to see a child with parents who obviously are this accepting and caring for this child that they're willing to go to such lengths to help him/her feel so much better in this world. When you don't exactly have that support, while you are happy for those who have it, jealousy will ultimately rule your thoughts and put you down in the dumps. This movie, while awesome, kind of did that to me too.

You got it. I hate the jealousy. It eats me up inside. It makes me angry. It makes me extra depressed. I don't want to feel that way.

I hope things turn out good for this girl
    she seems happier as a girl but she needs to be sure before someday when she starts the transition theirs no going back.