Thread: Depends being more abosrbant that thought of

Default Depends being more abosrbant that thought of

So, I have moved in with my girlfriend and she does not know about me being a DL, so I have to keep my diaper purchases to store bought and kept at my parents house which is only 10 mins away. but recently I have been using them for a few hours. Then soon before I have to take them off I will get in the shower/tub. It is amazing that we think that depends dont hold much, but they do. They get so big after soaking up all the water from the shower or bath. but i dont have plastic pants to put over them to wear the depends out of the bathroom. did you guys think they could hold that much?

Quote Originally Posted by diapered college View Post
    So, I have moved in with my girlfriend and she does not know about me being a DL, so I have to keep my diaper purchases to store bought and kept at my parents house which is only 10 mins away. but recently I have been using them for a few hours. Then soon before I have to take them off I will get in the shower/tub. It is amazing that we think that depends dont hold much, but they do. They get so big after soaking up all the water from the shower or bath. but i dont have plastic pants to put over them to wear the depends out of the bathroom. did you guys think they could hold that much?
    Peeing in diapers is different than soaking them up in the tub/shower...

Yes if you fill a diaper with the kitchen sprayer, or the shower they will seem to hold alot more, but wet it once or twice and sit down, then you will see the difference.

They seem to take alot more but being in that situation especially the shower you don't notice the leaks, but they are there, it just dosen't register because you not wetting the outside of your clothing.

They get so big after soaking up all the water from the shower or bath. but i dont have plastic pants to put over them to wear the depends out of the bathroom. did you guys think they could hold that much?
    That is because you were filling your diaper with water, not urine. Diapers can absorb a lot more water than urine. This is because the sodium in urine is not readily absorbed by the gel in diapers. So a diaper with a 12 ounce capacity won't necessarily absorb 12 ounces of urine.

Quote Originally Posted by DiaperLines View Post
    That is because you were filling your diaper with water, not urine. Diapers can absorb a lot more water than urine. This is because the sodium in urine is not readily absorbed by the gel in diapers. So a diaper with a 12 ounce capacity won't necessarily absorb 12 ounces of urine.
    Science FTW!

Yeah, Water is very far removed from Urine Chemically. The absorbant Gel isn't as good at absorbing all of the chemicals in urine as it is straight water. That also raises a point about how if you drink lots of water, your diaper will hold more urine because the chemicals are greatly diluted. Of course, you've also got more liquid to remove from your body, so the net effects is probably roughly the same capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by DiaperLines View Post
    Yup he is right, plus when you pee in a diaper (if your not laying down) it only wets the middle and some of the front and back. So less surface area is absorbing the liquid also making it hold a lot less than dumping it in water cause then every part of it is soaked.