Thread: So, I finally got some diapers...

Default So, I finally got some diapers...

Now, although I don't have the proper ones like Bambino's, Tenas or even some Depends (mainly because no place in the local area sells those ones), I did end up getting something related to a Goodnite/Drynite/Training Pant.

I got the "BabyLove SleepyNights" branded ones, mainly due to three different reasons.

1. The design of it is blank, design-less and white, and was lesser looking of a pant than the other brands do, meaning that it looks more like a traditional diaper than anything like it that I could get, which to me is good because it makes the experience better

2. The packaging stated that it was "super-absorbent" and had a "superior protection against leaks", which to me seemed like it was a better choice in case I ever felt like actually going in it and I didn't want to worry about it spilling out.

3. It was the cheapest option available. I count this as such since I don't wanna spend TOO much on my first pack of diapers, just in case things didn't work out. Now, while you may assume that means that I got the less better brand considering it was the cheapest, you would be wrong.

Now, the sleepynight itself is very flexible, given it's sizing of "8 - 15 year olds", it manages to fit perfectly and comfortably around the waist, legs and crotch area (there is a mild discomfort but that is due to the leak protection.

My waist width is about 40 inch. and my crotch/butt width is around 38 inch. and considering these were made for tweens/teens, it fits really well down in those areas.

I can't say for certain about the capacity of it JUST YET, because I haven't had the courage to go in them, less I be subjected to to artious challenge of having to dispose of them discreetly. And fear of leaks x.x

Now, it isn't actually that bulky as you would believe, this one is almost impossible to notice unless:

a) Somebody touches your butt and feels the padding.
    b) You bend in any kind of direction that would make it SEEM bulkier than normal (which unless you're wearing skin tight clothing shouldn't happen anyways)
    c) You outright wear them without anything over them :P

That being said, I am not entirely sure if America has this product although I am sure that Australian and New Zealand territories do in fact have this brand of diapers.

My own experience with it has only just started so please don't take my word for it, if you see it, try them out and see for yourself, because I know for certain that I'm loving them so far (even if I haven't fully "used" them just yet).

So, with that, I can safely say that, at this point in time, I am now completely in the AB/DL lifestyle. And I'm LOVING every second of it.

Not even Depends? Gasp! We need to start a charity, "Proper Diapers for Australia". (Kidding, it's bad in Canada too).

Congratulations on the purchase. I've always found Goodnites to fit surprisingly well, and similar brands are at least functional. They're a good choice for experimenting. I'm glad they fit - nothing's worse than dropping money on a new diaper and finding out it won't go around your hips! Hope you keep enjoying them, and stay safe!

My first nappies arrived today, and I'm wearing my first one now - we broke our diaper cherries on the same day! *high five*

It's very exciting, but I don't want to totally change the topic as this post is about you, so I will just say I am also happy

Congratulations on your firsts, and thanks for the comprehensive review.

Quote Originally Posted by dudect View Post
    I DO miss the goodnights that were plain white...
    CVS sells them as Sleep Comforts and some grocery stores sell them as Nite Pants, they are essentially the same

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    Not even Depends? Gasp! We need to start a charity, "Proper Diapers for Australia". (Kidding, it's bad in Canada too).

Congratulations on the purchase. I've always found Goodnites to fit surprisingly well, and similar brands are at least functional. They're a good choice for experimenting. I'm glad they fit - nothing's worse than dropping money on a new diaper and finding out it won't go around your hips! Hope you keep enjoying them, and stay safe!
    Oh, don't worry, the state where I live DOES sell Tena slips, but they're on the other side of the state...which is a three hour drive....which I'm not willing to do just for proper adult diapers.

But yeah, these are good, they HAVE started to tear a little bit on one of the tear away sides, but that I can fault to extreme movement around the legs and constantly pulling them on and off when I've gone to the bath room (again, as it stands I'm not that willing to wet it just yet)

Aside from that though, I'm enjoying them really well!

Quote Originally Posted by purlgirl View Post
    My first nappies arrived today, and I'm wearing my first one now - we broke our diaper cherries on the same day! *high five*

It's very exciting, but I don't want to totally change the topic as this post is about you, so I will just say I am also happy

Congratulations on your firsts, and thanks for the comprehensive review.
    *high fives back* Aww yeah! Feels good, doesn't it? I know it does for me!

And it's no big deal, I like to celebrate those who are loving their first diaper experiences alongside my own, it makes it feel that more special ^_^

And no problem, I'm planning on doing a proper review of them in the future when I've gotten more use out of them.

Congratulations, first-time wearers! You'll find wearing gets easier the more often you do it; ditto wetting, which can be tough when you first start wearing. It'll soon become addictive. Fair warning.

It surely took a lot of courage for you to buy them right away. So you earned it to have a great time with them.

I hope that you keep enjoying them ;)