Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard of these things?

Default Anyone heard of these things?

Saw these "Diaper Disposal Bags" (see image) at a dollar store. They sort of seem like an odd product, but it got me wondering if there would actually be any utility to such a thing. I didn't buy any beacuse I was in a hurry, but I thought of adisc when I saw them. If I go back I might get some for the heck of it, as I don't have too much to lose for a dollar.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0603132102.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	17339

CrinklySiren

I have some, they're strongly scented to mask any odor and are good ways to hide a diaper in the trash

Yep i buy them. Use one per diaper and dump them in a trash can that has regular dented glad bags in it.

They're great, as mentioned, drop a diaper in one, tie it off and you can probably go two weeks without smell being a problem. Longer if you store them in something like a scented trash bag.

They're also good for throwing away other smelly items, such as meat scraps, should you only get trash pickup once every two weeks, or if you don't go through trash bags too quickly.

Well I used to buy them all the time, but they no longer carry them where I used to buy them. ><
    They did help cut down on the odor and the blue tint on the ones I bought makes the diaper harder to make out (disguising it a tad). I wouldn't say they fixed the odor problem entirely, especially if one was particularly smelly, but they did help. I have to go searching elsewhere one of these days to find out where I can get them now, but I don't generally drive around to a bunch of different places with gas over $4/gallon, lol.

Oh, and out of curiosity, has anyone tried to fit an adult diaper into the baby-sized bags they sell in the baby isle? I've never tried them because I just assumed it would never work. The bags just looked way too small to me. If they are actually a similar size to the adult ones though, then perhaps they might.

I use the munchkin diaper disposal bag dispenser that clips on things. They can hold molicare supers and most other diapers. They have arm and hammer, so it helps with the scents. I typically pick them up at Target.

Quote Originally Posted by spddan View Post
    Well I used to buy them all the time, but they no longer carry them where I used to buy them. ><
    They did help cut down on the odor and the blue tint on the ones I bought makes the diaper harder to make out (disguising it a tad). I wouldn't say they fixed the odor problem entirely, especially if one was particularly smelly, but they did help. I have to go searching elsewhere one of these days to find out where I can get them now, but I don't generally drive around to a bunch of different places with gas over $4/gallon, lol.

Oh, and out of curiosity, has anyone tried to fit an adult diaper into the baby-sized bags they sell in the baby isle? I've never tried them because I just assumed it would never work. The bags just looked way too small to me. If they are actually a similar size to the adult ones though, then perhaps they might.
    We had some discussion of those bags among others here: https://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-t...osal-bags.html. The ones I have aren't big enough to make a seal with thicker adult diapers but other people had better results with different bags.

Quote Originally Posted by spddan View Post
    I use tesco's value nappy bags at 0.35GBP per 300. They fit my usually soiled Tena Comfort Supers in. If they are particularly stinky I just double bag them which fixes the problem of discretion and smell.

Sweet. Thanks for the info guys. I'll probably by some baby-sized ones at some point here and then consider ordering some adult ones over the internet or something.