Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collection or Obsession

Default Collection or Obsession

So, I actually took the time out last night to layout and take pictures of everything I own ďadult babyĒ wise. Three hours and 67 pictures later, not only was I getting tired, but I was absolutely shocked over what Iíve accumulated just over the past two years. While it would be way too much to post or show pictures, the top two things I noticed was the up to $500 amount Iíve spent at adult-baby-shop.eu and the EIGHT footed sleepers I own. Considering Iím in my thirties and I became an AB/DL in my late teen years, I also realize I could have had a heck of a lot more.

With all this being said, has anyone ever stopped to look at everything they own and thought ďenough is enough?Ē Is there ever such a thing as going overboard or getting out of hand with ďadult babyĒ purchases? While I realize that A. the same can be said about any collection and B. some adult babies have full on nurseries, I felt like somewhat of an addict becoming out of control (in a sense).

I guess a better question is, if you have the means and you love what you do, as long as it isnít hurting anyone, could it ever be wrong?

In a way, I could counter it by saying at least I'm not like my husband who will spend over $250 for cases of diapers. I just can't imaging spending that kind of money or something disposable. At the same time, who would I be to judge him?

When it comes to this kind of interest I go by feel and do things that make me feel good. I feel comforted being in a warm sleeper, so I will buy warm sleepers. I like the stuff on that site (already own three things from them, including a freakin' expensive waddle suit), so I will buy the stuff off of their site. It works out well and I stay happy. A lot different from the stress-filled computer world where specifics is key when I do anything with it.

By the way, I'm curious what you've bought from that site if you want to send me a PM. I have been planning on buying from them in the next month or two but always like to get opinions on the quality of the item and if there's anything to look out for. I may even get reccomended something I'd not have bought originally.

I have spent nearly $1,000 on Anime related merchandise (DVD/Blu-Rays, Manga, Figurines, Posters, Plushies, etc.) and am planning on spending more on it in the near future, I don't think I'll ever be going "enough is enough" when it comes to anything related to something I like anytime, especially when it comes to being an AB/DL since I have barely even started on it.

I've spent a ridiculous amount of money on my anime collection in the past. My household goes to conventions plus there's this really neat thrift/pawn shop nearby that sells nothing but "nerd stuff" (figurines, anime, television, etc), and we always spend too much when we go there. But really, who could resist the entire collection of Stargate SG-1 for under $40, or Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 for $15? No one, I tell you.

I can be the same way about AB stuff. In that case, I don't really have that much - 3 pacifiers, 2 bottles, 2 sippy cups, and some little girl clothes - but my daddy is always teasing me, like, "Do you really need another pacifier?"

To which I respond, "Yes, because I need to color coordinate my outfits with it. Duh."

So yeah, I can definitely see myself collecting more of the things I like. (Especially in regards to anime, that can lose it's licensing in the U.S. very easily and then you're stuck without your favorite show.) But to be honest, I don't see the point in stopping.

I work very hard to keep balance in my life - I spend money wisely, I buy many things second-hand, I donate to charity where I can, I help others the best I can. Everyone has things they're crazy about, and collecting things I love makes me happy.

Ok,

I've spent large amounts of money on lots of things...not just fetish type things either...

My take....

If it brings you joy or happiness then go for it...

It becomes too much if it impacts you family negatively or causes you a deficit monetarily...

If you are maxing out your cc to buy ab stuff, you might have an issue...

Now if you skip eating out to save a few bucks to buy a new sleeper that's ok...your choice...

Now if you skimp on family shared items...then that's an issue too...

How each of us spent our gains is our own deal...

Some like to gamble, others buy toys...

It's all in perspective...

Also goes for time...if you are skipping family time to be ab...that's an issue...

I skipped ordering another case of 18yo scotch, insted bought the materials for my crib and some other toys as well...that is in balance...

My take!
    B

I look at it this way- as long as I'm not spending money I need for other things, and I have room for all my stuff without my home feeling cluttered and crowded, it's not a bad thing. I've gone through some purge cycles early on in my AB-hood and I always regretted it. Now I just try to invest in things that will last and make me happy. It's why I'm starting to switch to more cloth diapers (I think I'll always have some disposables around though.)

It's a lot better than spending a bunch of money on things like cigarettes or playing the lottery in my opinion.

I guess everyone has something. I actually don't spend a lot of money on AB stuff. I have a small collection of things. It all fits, including disposable diapers, inside one medium sized (locked) storage trunk, with plenty of room to spare (if I get disposable diapers in bulk that would come in handy, the extra space.)

My mom seems to have a great amount of clothes. Five or more times the amount of clothes I own. My sister has a ton of shoes. Shoes, just shoes as far as the eye can see. I have two pairs of shoes. My dad, thank God, seemed to collect overtime hours and money... safely in banks. A friend collects guitars. Another friend collects original vinyl records and things like that.

As long as your hobby isn't interfering with your life, your happiness, your financial security, or your family's well being, you're fine. That rule of thumb works with most problems, including the stranger area of ABDL stuff. Collecting AB stuff is stranger than collecting clothes, but the oddity factor alone doesn't give way to mental illness.

It used to be worse before I'd accepted my little side. I'd impulse-buy diapers, clothes, baby paraphernalia, you name it. Probably hundreds of dollars' with over the years, but Ó don't have any of it now because I'd purge it all. Accepting myself made it easier to control these urges, and now I have a small collection of things - two dresses, a pair of PJs, a pacifier, a few pairs of underwear, and my diapers (which take up the most space by far!). I do need to find a quiet way to move it all, though.

It's funny, but I used to fear that accepting my little side would make me buy way more stuff, but taking charge of my infantilism made it more a hobby than an obsession. As others have said, if you're spending more than you're comfortable spending, or not able to afford important things, take a step back. Take charge of things. Otherwise, enjoy yourself

yup, here about next week, (after ordering cloth diapers in the not too distant past) I'll be making my first purchase of anything since January, (a case of diapers), but, then again, I don't even want to break it all out at once.. considering I wear at least one onsie a day (I got a about a couple dozen of em) then there are the 21 cloth diapers, plastic pants.. etc.. only got one binky tho.. more kid like stuff... shortalls, footie pjs and the like.. my disposable diaper collection used to be huge, but i've whittled it down considerably in the last 6 months.. AB stuff, outside work clothing, is, admittedly, 2/3 of my apparel. I know i've spent thousands over the years on it

Quote Originally Posted by Braddeh View Post
    I have spent nearly $1,000 on Anime related merchandise (DVD/Blu-Rays, Manga, Figurines, Posters, Plushies, etc.) and am planning on spending more on it in the near future, I don't think I'll ever be going "enough is enough" when it comes to anything related to something I like anytime, especially when it comes to being an AB/DL since I have barely even started on it.
    what anime's do you like ? i too also like anime. i have a lot of drz stuff. digimon stuff and opokemon stuff. although im kinda proud and happy that i have so much of it but then on the other hand im kinda a little embarassed about it.

the way i see this whole is it too much thing. i think if its not hurting anyone including your self and its not making you broke all the time then by al means enjoy it and do what you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Braddeh View Post
    what anime's do you like ? i too also like anime. i have a lot of drz stuff. digimon stuff and opokemon stuff. although im kinda proud and happy that i have so much of it but then on the other hand im kinda a little embarassed about it.

the way i see this whole is it too much thing. i think if its not hurting anyone including your self and its not making you broke all the time then by al means enjoy it and do what you want.