Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick question about using the UPS store

Question Quick question about using the UPS store

So just recently, I broke down and finally bought a fairly high quality onesie/diaper shirt from easy access clothing, along with an entire case of Bambinos.

Since I live with my folks, I had both deliveries shipped to a local UPS store. Both are supposed to arrive by Friday.

Does anyone have any experience on how this works? I put 'hold for pickup' instructions in both orders, but beyond that the only identifying thing on the package that lets them know it's mine is my name! The address, zip code, and everything else were the UPS Stores.

Also, do they charge some sort of fee for holding shipments? The onesie didn't come with a precise shipping date, and I was hoping I could get it, and the diapers together on Friday.

Anyways, thanks very much for any advice! I really appreciate it!

When I do this, I simply address the package to the UPS Store's address (but with my name on top). They also ask that my phone number be included on the shipping label. Then they call me when the package arrives and I pay $5 to pick it up.

CrinklySiren

Ive done it before, when I did it I just went to the store to pick it up, showed them my ID and they gave me my package with no extra fee (as the fee was payed for through the order placement). But this was with a FedEx store, not UPS; which im sure works the same way. Dont know if UPS charges a fee though, but seeing as Cottontail had to pay one, im guessing they either do or it depends on which store you go to or where you are.

If I were you, you should contact UPS and have them bring it to the UPS Store or they will probably bring it to the address that you've used. Delivery instructions are for instructions to where they should leave the package (e.g. leave at backdoor) at the address or leave with neighbor or something like that.

Follow Cottontail's instructions for your next order.

I had a book held once for me at the local UPS store. Just walked in and picked it up, no fee. It was just a show your tracking number ordeal.

That being said it's been a while since I ordered from easy access clothing. But when I did they only shipped via USPS (aka the postal service). Are you sure they're sending via UPS?

Edit:

A quick look at their website also showed only USPS as a shipping option.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I had a book held once for me at the local UPS store. Just walked in and picked it up, no fee. It was just a show your tracking number ordeal.

That being said it's been a while since I ordered from easy access clothing. But when I did they only shipped via USPS (aka the postal service). Are you sure they're sending via UPS?
    Sorry if I was confusing, but you're indeed correct. East access does still ship through USPS, the package I have coming through UPS is a case of bambino teddies that are set to arrive around the same time as the EAC order. That shipment does have a tracking number, so it should be fine. I'm most concerned about the bodysuit, as it's probably going to be in just a small envelope.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan09 View Post
    Sorry if I was confusing, but you're indeed correct. East access does still ship through USPS, the package I have coming through UPS is a case of bambino teddies that are set to arrive around the same time as the EAC order. That shipment does have a tracking number, so it should be fine. I'm most concerned about the bodysuit, as it's probably going to be in just a small envelope.
    Yeah it does come in a small envelope. You might be able to request that USPS holds it at the local postal office. But from what I recall easy access clothing didn't provide a tracking number :/.

Is it being delivered to a UPS store (individually owned) or the UPS distribution warehouse? The store, as I understand it, will charge a fee whereas the warehouse is free. You only need a valid ID to pick up at either location.

I've done the hold at warehouse many times, its no problem. You just have to have an account on UPS.com that is free and request it to be held. You usually have a few days before they send it back. Only thing is, their hours are usually weird or not as convenient as the UPS store. Also, they tend to be in the ghetto.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyd View Post
    I've done the hold at warehouse many times, its no problem. You just have to have an account on UPS.com that is free and request it to be held. You usually have a few days before they send it back. Only thing is, their hours are usually weird or not as convenient as the UPS store. Also, they tend to be in the ghetto.
    True, true and usually true! lol!