Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi

Default Hi

Greetings.

I can be rather busy at times, but I do find time to enjoy reading, studying, working out, and playing an occasional video game. Furthermore, I have been a brony for a couple of years, and my favorite pony is Twilight Sparkle (I am quite the introverted "egghead" myself). In addition to this, I also have some interest in anthropomorphic animals.

I would like to expand into other fields of interest, but work and my return to college have kept me quite busy.

I am strictly a diaper lover and a diaperfur. I have been interested in diapers for as long as I can remember, and I finally decided to start wearing them again several years ago. Fortunately, I have been living on my own for a number of years, so I don't have to worry about awkward situations with my family or siblings regarding this.

I don't know of anyone around me that is interested in diapers, and I am interested in communicating with people that have a similar interest in diapers, as such communication ultimately proves to be mutually beneficial to all people with interests in diapers. I haven't had anyone to share this interest of mine with, so I look forward to conversing with all of you (in the past, I lurked a bit at this site, but I quickly realized my experience could be much more meaningful by registering and posting at these forums).

Ah, I've wondered already, when I saw your profile, that you'll make an introduction hopefully ^_^.
    So welcome, IzzyFox! And of course /)*(\!

One big benefit if you're living on your own, I also appreciate this, if no one is about to stumble in your room at anytime!

Talking about this openly can be quite awkward some times, at least for me. But we're all in the same boat, so don't be afraid, if you may feel so at some point!

May I ask about your major, from studying? You didn't mention it and I'm curious.
    And what's your favorite books and games?

Don't call yourself egghead! Did anyone call you that way? I'd never refer to myself this way. Just don't do that and there's nothing wrong about being introvert... besides being way to shy and that people may misinterpret it, like that you may not like people that much... instead that you just need time for yourself, generally said.

Anyway, great introduction, have fun on adisc!

Hey =D, you greeted me so I'm returning the favour. What sort of games do you play?

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFox View Post
    Greetings.

I can be rather busy at times, but I do find time to enjoy reading, studying, working out, and playing an occasional video game. Furthermore, I have been a brony for a couple of years, and my favorite pony is Twilight Sparkle (I am quite the introverted "egghead" myself). In addition to this, I also have some interest in anthropomorphic animals.

I would like to expand into other fields of interest, but work and my return to college have kept me quite busy.

I am strictly a diaper lover and a diaperfur. I have been interested in diapers for as long as I can remember, and I finally decided to start wearing them again several years ago. Fortunately, I have been living on my own for a number of years, so I don't have to worry about awkward situations with my family or siblings regarding this.

I don't know of anyone around me that is interested in diapers, and I am interested in communicating with people that have a similar interest in diapers, as such communication ultimately proves to be mutually beneficial to all people with interests in diapers. I haven't had anyone to share this interest of mine with, so I look forward to conversing with all of you (in the past, I lurked a bit at this site, but I quickly realized my experience could be much more meaningful by registering and posting at these forums).
    Hi

Welcome to the site. I am a brony too.

Quote Originally Posted by daLira View Post
    Ah, I've wondered already, when I saw your profile, that you'll make an introduction hopefully ^_^.
    So welcome, IzzyFox! And of course /)*(\!
    I finally got around to it. Better late than never.

One big benefit if you're living on your own, I also appreciate this, if no one is about to stumble in your room at anytime!
    Indeed. Not to mention that I can get by without wearing pajamas or lounge shorts over my diaper if I choose to do as such.

Talking about this openly can be quite awkward some times, at least for me. But we're all in the same boat, so don't be afraid, if you may feel so at some point!
    Indeed. Fortunately, I am becoming a bit more open and comfortable about talking about this, given that I joined this site (as opposed to lurking every once in a great while) recently.

May I ask about your major, from studying? You didn't mention it and I'm curious.
    I am currently majoring in the HVAC/R (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning/Refrigeration) field. I am enrolled in a two year major, and people sometimes follow this up with an apprenticeship (three to five years in duration).

And what's your favorite books and games?
    I have a good deal of books lying around at my home, and generally speaking, I have classical literature, philosophy, history, politics, economics, and science. Like a certain purple unicorn, I am working on reading books by various authors (Darwin, Dostoevsky, Plato, Aristotle, Homer, Machiavelli, Poe, Shakespeare, Herodotus, Lincoln, Jefferson, Sun Tzu, Clausewitz, de Tocqueville, etc.). Granted, I have read a fair deal during my lifetime, and I have hundreds of unread books lying around as well, so I don't have time to compile a specific list.

I don't play video games as much as I used to, but when I do get around to playing video games, I tend to play RPG's, action-adventure games, and FPS games (granted, I am not too up-to-date on the latter). I play my games on the PS3.

Don't call yourself egghead! Did anyone call you that way? I'd never refer to myself this way. Just don't do that and there's nothing wrong about being introvert... besides being way to shy and that people may misinterpret it, like that you may not like people that much... instead that you just need time for yourself, generally said.
    I was using the term "egghead" in a facetious manner; I was using a MLP: FiM reference regarding Twilight Sparkle (Rainbow Dash has called her an egghead). I know there is nothing wrong with being an introvert.

Anyway, great introduction, have fun on adisc!
    Thanks for the warm welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowDashley View Post
    Hey =D, you greeted me so I'm returning the favour. What sort of games do you play?

Hello!

I haven't been playing too often, but to be more specific, I have currently been focusing in the Uncharted series and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Hopefully I can eventually get a bit more active in the future when it comes to gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzBaby View Post
    Hi

Welcome to the site. I am a brony too.
    Yay. Diapered ponies unite!

I've been entertaining the idea of getting the Skyrim Legendary Edition, would you say it's worth getting? I won't be able to start on it right away, but those complete package editions have a nasty habit of vanishing from store shelves after a while around here so I'd like to get it before that happens, if at all.
    Last edited by RidiculousWolf; 06-Jun-2013 at 19:29.

I have a good deal of books lying around at my home, and generally speaking, I have classical literature, philosophy, history, politics, economics, and science. Like a certain purple unicorn, I am working on reading books by various authors (Darwin, Dostoevsky, Plato, Aristotle, Homer, Machiavelli, Poe, Shakespeare, Herodotus, Lincoln, Jefferson, Sun Tzu, Clausewitz, de Tocqueville, etc.). Granted, I have read a fair deal during my lifetime, and I have hundreds of unread books lying around as well, so I don't have time to compile a specific list.
    I guess so, you'd probably end up counting the next 2 days or more in this case ^_^.
    However I wonder now, that your major isn't philosophy, english literature or something similar... though I know that this is how it works with some hobbies. You don't want them to be a kind of "work".
    Anyway, a great collection! Are you also kind of obsessed by getting certain editions from the opus/oeuvre from those you mentioned?

Besides... Dostoevsky is really hard stuff... ;)

So in conclusion, if I may ask... which is your favorite regarding the writing style of an autor (so which words, and how he's using them) and what's your favorite, if you got one, simply from the subject, they refer to?

For me... the first is simply, I'm kind of obsessed with Poe, also with his less famous stories. I've been really happy as a very good friend of mine, gave me a "german" first edition from "Tales (raven and other poems)" from her great grandmother. I've mentioned "german", since it's from a german publisher, though not translated into german luckily ^_^. But it ain't worth much, rather a sentimental value, but I'm still happy for this gift.
    About the subject... hard to tell, and I haven't been reading that much american stuff so far. While poems and social criticizing & ~theories, etc are really great, in the end I'm still way too much fascinated by Scheherazade, so speaking of One Thousand and One Nights... and a lot of future theories, novels... like A brave new world, and too much cyberpunk probably.

Can't wait for your answer! :)

Thanks for the warm welcome.
    With pleasure! I'm glad that you feel this way.

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowDashley View Post
    I've been entertaining the idea of getting the Skyrim Legendary Edition, would you say it's worth getting? I won't be able to start on it right away, but those complete package editions have a nasty habit of vanishing from store shelves after a while around here so I'd like to get it before that happens, if at all.
    In my opinion, the Legendary Edition is worth getting (I ended up buying Skyrim and then later downloading DLC when it finally came to the PS3). I haven't done much with the Hearthfire expansion, and I am still working on the Dawnguard expansion, but I was quite fond of the Dragonborn expansion. Of course, I was extraordinarily fond of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. Consequently, the nostalgia I got from playing Dragonborn was overwhelming and most pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by daLira View Post
    I guess so, you'd probably end up counting the next 2 days or more in this case ^_^.
    However I wonder now, that your major isn't philosophy, english literature or something similar... though I know that this is how it works with some hobbies. You don't want them to be a kind of "work".
    Actually, I would love to work with academia and/or science. The problem is that college is becoming increasingly expensive, and job prospects aren't what they once were (a little over half of college graduates nowadays are either unemployed or under-employed). Clearly, spending the better part of a decade studying at a "real" college could potentially leave me with a student loan big enough to be a mortgage, and if I didn't find a relevant job to what I studied, I would never be able to repay the student loans.

Learning a trade isn't exactly what I had in mind, but it is far less risky, given that even if I didn't manage to find a relevant job after graduation, I would at least not be burdened with student debts for decades on end (even if we assume the worst case scenario, i.e. not getting any scholarships, my student loan would be big enough to be a loan on a modest car at the very most). Residential HVAC/R work can earn one a decent salary, and doing commercial and/or industrial HVAC/R work can earn one an excellent salary (upper five figures to six figures).

Anyway, a great collection! Are you also kind of obsessed by getting certain editions from the opus/oeuvre from those you mentioned?
    I am not too concerned with specific editions at the moment. I do have a strong preference for the hardcover format and when it comes to classical works of literature, I will typically track down an older, used hardcover copy instead of getting a newer paperback edition. Currently, I am simply looking to have something to read, although I would not necessarily rule out getting different editions and such later in life.

Besides... Dostoevsky is really hard stuff...
    I am quite fond of reading his stuff.

So in conclusion, if I may ask... which is your favorite regarding the writing style of an autor (so which words, and how he's using them) and what's your favorite, if you got one, simply from the subject, they refer to?
    In all honesty, it is difficult to boil things down regarding a favorite writing style of an author. Granted, it can be difficult for me to make a decision on some issues that others easily make, so it can be difficult for me to boil down things here as well.

If I had to pick, I would probably go with Dostoevsky. :P I personally don't find it particularly difficult to read what he has written, and I honestly can't think of an author that has managed to hold my attention so well (even though I haven't read it in years, I am still quite fond of Crime and Punishment; I must get around to rereading it). I also found it quite interesting to pick up a work of fiction and realize that I was dealing with an author that didn't hesitate to go into detail regarding various things, including darker aspects of philosophy, psychology, etc.

Everyone puts a book down every now and then, but my reading sessions have generally been longer with Dostoevsky than other authors. Of course, I still have a good deal to read from him, and I eagerly look forward to it.

For me... the first is simply, I'm kind of obsessed with Poe, also with his less famous stories. I've been really happy as a very good friend of mine, gave me a "german" first edition from "Tales (raven and other poems)" from her great grandmother. I've mentioned "german", since it's from a german publisher, though not translated into german luckily ^_^. But it ain't worth much, rather a sentimental value, but I'm still happy for this gift.
    Admittedly, I haven't read too much Poe, but I plan on getting around to revisiting such things, in addition to reading other things he wrote (I picked up a volume of his complete tales and poems at a book exchange some time ago).

About the subject... hard to tell, and I haven't been reading that much american stuff so far. While poems and social criticizing & ~theories, etc are really great, in the end I'm still way too much fascinated by Scheherazade, so speaking of One Thousand and One Nights... and a lot of future theories, novels... like A brave new world, and too much cyberpunk probably.

Can't wait for your answer!
    While I haven't explored this subject as much as I would like to, I am quite fond of evolutionary biology; Charles Darwin and Stephen Jay Gould have made an indelible impression on me that will remain with me for the rest of my days. Fortunately, I have accumulated some "literary reserves" that will allow me to expand into this subject, in addition to many others.

I have hundreds of books in my home, and the bulk of them are unread at the moment. I must work to change this in the coming months and years!

With pleasure! I'm glad that you feel this way.
    I haven't been here for long, but I am continuing to enjoy my stay.
    Last edited by IzzyFox; 07-Jun-2013 at 06:47.

In my opinion, the Legendary Edition is worth getting (I ended up buying Skyrim and then later downloading DLC when it finally came to the PS3). I haven't done much with the Hearthfire expansion, and I am still working on the Dawnguard expansion, but I was quite fond of the Dragonborn expansion. Of course, I was extraordinarily fond of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. Consequently, the nostalgia I got from playing Dragonborn was overwhelming and most pleasant.

Well, if you say it's worth getting, then I'll trust your judgement. Thanks =D

Hey Izzy, welcome to ADISC

*Brohoofs*

~Puppyluvs