Thread: What is a munch and why is it called that?

Default What is a munch and why is it called that?

I have seen this term a lot on here, but I am not sure what it is. From what I gather, it is some type of meeting. Can somebody explain?

CrinklySiren

You gather correctly

A munch is a meeting or get together, and its called a munch because normally its at a restaurant or some public place, but over the years a munch has just become a name for gatherings, even if food isnt involved, but generally the term munch comes from a gathering where there is food or snacks :P At least that sounds like a logical explanation to me lol

For example, i've been to a few little's munches in my area, and its hosted by the mod of our group on Fetlife, and that person rents out a space where we get together and have snacks/little-friendly drinks, and each month its themed differently. Its just a bunch of littles getting together and playing or meeting new people as well. Uber-fun time lol at least the one I go to is.

We have several "munches" going on in my city, but I can't bring myself to go to one. For one, I'm not that social a person, so parading a fetish in front of a group of people would be pretty hard. Personally, I have no interest in just palling around with other diaper wearers.
    Last edited by HogansHeroes; 05-Jun-2013 at 00:02. Reason: removed rule-breaking parts

Quote Originally Posted by ZooeySis View Post
    You gather correctly

A munch is a meeting or get together, and its called a munch because normally its at a restaurant or some public place, but over the years a munch has just become a name for gatherings, even if food isnt involved, but generally the term munch comes from a gathering where there is food or snacks :P At least that sounds like a logical explanation to me lol

For example, i've been to a few little's munches in my area, and its hosted by the mod of our group on Fetlife, and that person rents out a space where we get together and have snacks/little-friendly drinks, and each month its themed differently. Its just a bunch of littles getting together and playing or meeting new people as well. Uber-fun time lol at least the one I go to is.
    Yep, that's about it, although typically the term is used only for meetings with food (hence the "munch," as people will be munching on food). They're generally pretty safe and tame events. They'll be held at a restaurant, and typically the group will grab a few tables in a corner of the place and just kinda hang out. Often the organizers and participants will frown on flagrant or open displays of diapers or other gear. It's just meant to be a group of like-minded people grabbing a bite to eat and hanging out. They can be pretty enjoyable, an opportunity to meet new people, and very laid back.

The term originated in the kink/fetish community and referred to a social event in a public place (usually involving a meal - eg a restaurant or picnic) where members could meet but where the kinks and fetishes were not on public display.