Thread: Did you say "hey I wish I could watch more She-Zow"?

Default Did you say "hey I wish I could watch more She-Zow"?

Well my friends your wish has been granted!!!.... now don't you wish you'd have asked for something better

Seems the show is being picked up by Cartoon Network, here's the link to a story about it, now I've never read anything by this site so I'm not sure how reliable it is

Cable network The Hub unveils new controversial transsexual character She-Zow! | Mail Online

Now be honest who's going to add this to their Tivo/DVR hehe

I'm actually sure I remember watching the first episode of this site on YouTube. So I don't think it's new, as the article implies. I recall it being a bit dull, but maybe it gets better with future episodes. As for the gender-bending protagonist angle, it'll be interesting to see what sort of controversies sprout up as a result.

I watched the first segment of it on The Hub's website today. I'd actually been looking forward to it ever since they announced they would be airing it, and it did not disappoint. Totally funny, and can't wait for more

I honestly don't know what to think about it, I have seen the first episode few months ago and it looks ok. I'm still willing to give it a chance and I will most likely watch more of it but I am not totally convinced that this is a show for me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    I'm actually sure I remember watching the first episode of this site on YouTube. So I don't think it's new, as the article implies. I recall it being a bit dull, but maybe it gets better with future episodes. As for the gender-bending protagonist angle, it'll be interesting to see what sort of controversies sprout up as a result.
    They released the first episode on YouTube as a promo thing. It just recently started airing on The Hub though

I haven't watched it yet, but a friend did recommend it to me. That encourages me -- I don't always watch stuff like this because of the potential for "comedy" moments where they make fun of trans* / genderqueer folks.

Cute opening, though.

It's a pretty terrible and sexist show if you ask me. Particularly in how all the 'weapons' are beauty products. The 'She' part of the transformation represents this disgustingly narrow and sexist view of femininity.

CrinklySiren

I really don't think it's meant to be deliberately insulting or sexist, I'm sure kids don't even know the meaning of the word sexist. it's just a cartoon show ffs.

Personally I think it's cute and I would watch it,

According to the article: I think the world seriously needs to lighten up on something as harmless as a cartoon show and focus more energy on all the other more serious TG/TS related issues >_>

Quote Originally Posted by ZooeySis View Post
    I really don't think it's meant to be deliberately insulting or sexist,
    So being accidently sexist makes it okay?

CrinklySiren

I think you are just reading too much into it... no offense. I do understand your point, but its just a cartoon show.. I mean is there really something truly wrong or horrifying about lipstick turning into a lightsaber? I mean I'm not trying to rile up a sexism debate here but in my personal opinion, I just don't see this as such a big deal and the world is the way it is so I just ignore it and move on while spreading my own educated view on why someone should never make assumptions based on gender. But when it comes to a pointless cartoon show to which I have no power over, it just isn't worth getting upset over IMHO(you can be upset about it if you like, not saying you shouldn't, I was just giving my opinion)
    Last edited by CrinklySiren; 07-Jun-2013 at 20:45.