Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Shipping options fro those who don't want items shipped to their house, etc

  1. #1

    Default Shipping options fro those who don't want items shipped to their house, etc

    I was thinking about different options that some of us have. I may wiki this.

    1. Ship it to where you live

    If you have parents who don't know about your diaper buying, or roommates who may ask questions, etc, this may not be the best option for you. For someone like me who lives alone, this works perfectly well.

    2. Ship it to where you live in discreet packaging [if offered]

    Some companies offer this option. Many of you have reported mixed luck with this, and varying degrees of discreteness. All of the companies that offer this as an option make claims that they will send it out in a 100% safe manner. I guess it would be up to you and whether or not you trust the company to package your order that way.

    3. Ship it to someone else who you can get it from later

    I used to do this before I lived alone. I had them shipped to a friends house who knew about my DL side, and when they came, he would either bring them to me, or I would go and pick them up. I realize that this is an almost perfect arrangement and that not all of you could do that, but it's something to consider, especially if there's no way #1 or #2 would work for you.

    4. Ship it to a local UPS store or FedEX store [select local pickup]

    This option to me, makes the most sense if you don't want to receive the package at home. Even if the company does not offer the option online or on the phone, if you talk to the right people, you can set it up. The place I vacation in in FL has a UPS store, and I've had packages shipped there while I was on vacation. All I needed was my photo ID to pick up the package.


    Anyone, feel free to help me expand on this. I'm trying to compile an easy comparison of options for those who may be trying to decide what's best for them, especially those looking to order for the first time.

  2. #2

    Default

    One other option is to have your order sent to your local post office, and pick it up.

  3. #3

    Default

    Lets make this a sticky so I do not have to see copious amounts of reaccuring "I can't order diapers!" threads. lol

    Good job jonathan.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by kevindhca View Post
    One other option is to have your order sent to your local post office, and pick it up.
    I'll add that then, but please explain how it's done. What do you have to do in order to have things sent to the post office?

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    4. Ship it to a local UPS store or FedEX store [select local pickup]

    This option to me, makes the most sense if you don't want to receive the package at home. Even if the company does not offer the option online or on the phone, if you talk to the right people, you can set it up. The place I vacation in in FL has a UPS store, and I've had packages shipped there while I was on vacation. All I needed was my photo ID to pick up the package.
    This is an awesome option that I have used when I was in high school a couple years ago. UPS calls this "Hold for Pickup"

    UPS: Hold for Pickup

  6. #6

    Default

    Jonathon, It's called "General Delivery". Just address the package to your name, general delivery, at the post office address, your package will be held at the post office for 30 days.
    Oh, and by the way the service is free.
    Last edited by kevindhca; 06-Dec-2008 at 16:17. Reason: additional info

  7. #7

    Default

    Or you can have it sent to freind nearby, and pick up the package when you are in the area, I would be glad to do that for anyone here.

    Or if you wanted the package to arrive on a certian date, like when there is no one else home, I would help you out gladly....B

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by the-ownage View Post
    This is an awesome option that I have used when I was in high school a couple years ago. UPS calls this "Hold for Pickup"

    UPS: Hold for Pickup
    For this option, do you have to be 18? And do you have to pay anything extra? B/c there is an UPS half a mile from my house and it could open up alot more options.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by the-ownage View Post
    This is an awesome option that I have used when I was in high school a couple years ago. UPS calls this "Hold for Pickup"

    UPS: Hold for Pickup
    Make sure that you either call them ahead, or make sure that the place you are ordering from will give the UPS store your phone number...I had a bad experience with ordering my footie pj's...I had it set to send to the store...And I assumed they were going to call...But I never got a call, so I went in asking, and they said they sent it back...So I had the place resend the package to the UPS store...This time I made sure to go the day the package arrived...They said they had just sent it back...I was pissed...The final time, I told the place to give me a tracking number, and I left my number with the UPS store...It finally worked, but it took so much longer than I would have liked

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    Make sure that you either call them ahead, or make sure that the place you are ordering from will give the UPS store your phone number...I had a bad experience with ordering my footie pj's...I had it set to send to the store...And I assumed they were going to call...But I never got a call, so I went in asking, and they said they sent it back...So I had the place resend the package to the UPS store...This time I made sure to go the day the package arrived...They said they had just sent it back...I was pissed...The final time, I told the place to give me a tracking number, and I left my number with the UPS store...It finally worked, but it took so much longer than I would have liked
    Yeah, you really need to clear it with the person/company that is sending it out to ensure that they have your phone on the outside of the box, and also written "Hold for Pickup" and then just address it to the UPS Store.

    I did have one bad experience as well with this, being it was local, one of my mom's friends worked at the UPS Store and got my package and called me through the number on the box during school about 4 times, and left messages to let me know that I could pick it up, and I never called them back, because I wanted to pick it up the day after, and that was a BAD IDEA because she called my fucking HOME PHONE while I was in school to tell my mother that I had a package sitting at the UPS Store and it needs to be picked up. I was terrified when my mom told me that she knew about the package needing to be picked up. On the spot, I pulled a bullshit story that pretty much said, "Yeah, I had complications with the seller that had to ship more than one package to our city, and instead told me I can pick it up at the UPS Store" and that worked perfectly. I then continued over to grab the package and I kept it in my trunk and it was a pretty big box, and my key changer has a trunk open button that I accidently hit in my pocket while my car was parked at my house, so my parents said to me, "Your car trunk door is open" I was like OH SH!T!!!! Just if anything could have gone wrong, it did. My dad then asked me what the package was, and I said, "Oh, just something for Crista" (A girl I met in High School), and he seemed suspicious but he didn't ask me any further questions, thank God.



    Quote Originally Posted by garnetandblack2107 View Post
    For this option, do you have to be 18? And do you have to pay anything extra? B/c there is an UPS half a mile from my house and it could open up alot more options.
    No, you don't have to be 18, but you need an ID with a face on it. (School ID's work).

Similar Threads

  1. xp medical shipping
    By diapernew2 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-Nov-2008, 15:55
  2. Requested... Sims 2 TB items.
    By Corri in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 15-Sep-2008, 06:36
  3. Shipping Question (Not in the Wiki)
    By Thallis in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 30-Jul-2008, 09:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.