Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Do bed bugs freak you out?

  1. #1

    Default Do bed bugs freak you out?

    Does the simple idea of bed bugs freak you out?

    I, for one, have been uber jumpy the last year or so at the idea of them. Just the thought of them makes my skin crawl. I have become obsessed when traveling and staying at hotels to check thoroughly for them before even bringing my bags into the room.

    Even if I spot a speck on the wall in my apartment I have to investigate it under an eye-loop to insure it's not one.

    The epidemic of these nasty critters is on the rise everywhere. After seeing pics of their carnage and reading how nasty they can be and how difficult it is to rid a dwelling of them, I am a bit freaked out by the thought.

    I did have a laugh the other day after I froze when spotting something that looked like a bed bug in the kitchen sink. Upon inspection I found it to only be a toasted sesame seed! At first I lost my breath and my blood ran cold. My level of relief upon discovering it was a seed was also breath-taking.

    Dang-it! I have found scorpions, spiders, and the works in previous apartments but was not nearly affected by them as I would be upon discovering a bed bug.

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ilostthesheriff View Post
    Does the simple idea of bed bugs freak you out?

    I, for one, have been uber jumpy the last year or so at the idea of them. Just the thought of them makes my skin crawl. I have become obsessed when traveling and staying at hotels to check thoroughly for them before even bringing my bags into the room.

    Even if I spot a speck on the wall in my apartment I have to investigate it under an eye-loop to insure it's not one.

    The epidemic of these nasty critters is on the rise everywhere. After seeing pics of their carnage and reading how nasty they can be and how difficult it is to rid a dwelling of them, I am a bit freaked out by the thought.

    I did have a laugh the other day after I froze when spotting something that looked like a bed bug in the kitchen sink. Upon inspection I found it to only be a toasted sesame seed! At first I lost my breath and my blood ran cold. My level of relief upon discovering it was a seed was also breath-taking.

    Dang-it! I have found scorpions, spiders, and the works in previous apartments but was not nearly affected by them as I would be upon discovering a bed bug.
    I have had bed bugs in the past and trust me it sucks all the furniture was to be thrown out and so on and people assume that you have to live dirty to have the wrong answer i live clean and i got them by people coming over that had them

  3. #3
    CrinklySiren

    Default

    I've never had bed bugs, what is it like?

  4. #4

    Default

    Ooh this is creepy because I was just saying I get itchy in bed and found a red dot on the sheets...

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ZooeySis View Post
    I've never had bed bugs, what is it like?
    Thankfully my house hold's have never had any. But what happens is they hide under matresses or within 3 feet of beds normally. They come out at night while you sleep, crawl up on you on your hands, arms, legs and feet. Then they use their needle like straw to puncture you and slurpe up blood. Their bites are also itchy and unsightly.



  6. #6
    CrinklySiren

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Thankfully my house hold's have never had any. But what happens is they hide under matresses or within 3 feet of beds normally. They come out at night while you sleep, crawl up on you on your hands, arms, legs and feet. Then they use their needle like straw to puncture you and slurpe up blood. Their bites are also itchy and unsightly.


    O_O.... *dies*

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ZooeySis View Post
    O_O.... *dies*
    Yep, pretty creepy little things. We nearly wiped em out of America too and now theres only a few treatments to kill them off without needing to throw away all your furniture. I guess the most effectively one I heard of was steam cleaning beds, couches, etc to a high enough temperature it kills the bed bug.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Yep, pretty creepy little things. We nearly wiped em out of America too and now theres only a few treatments to kill them off without needing to throw away all your furniture. I guess the most effectively one I heard of was steam cleaning beds, couches, etc to a high enough temperature it kills the bed bug.
    Also rubbing alcohol works as well

  9. #9

    Default

    Yeah -- I'm terrified of things like that. I hate all flying things. Anything with a sting, anything "floaty and bumbling" (big bees, moths, crane fly, may bugs, etc.), or anything that bites.

    I hate getting bitten by mosquitoes. I get paranoid in the summer when the windows are open and my bare flesh is exposed (feet poking out of the bed, etc.) that some evil thing is going to bite me... always on the ankle... or the back of the knee... The most bony, itchy spot they can think of!

    If I had fleas or bed bugs, I would freak out. The idea of sharing my bed with dust mite is disgusting enough.

    Every time I go to Amsterdam I get pretty worried as bed bugs are rife there. But I've only stayed in decent hotels, so have been fortunate enough not to have experienced them...

    I hate the cold weather in England. I'd much prefer to live somewhere where the peak daytime temperature was around 20 to 40 degrees (instead of 0 to 20 degrees)... but that would probably mean a lot of biting midges... so maybe I'm better off as I am!

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by zackiepooh1992 View Post
    Also rubbing alcohol works as well
    Drinking it works better. You really don't care about bed bugs then!

  10. #10

    Default

    Drinking it works better. You really don't care about bed bugs then! [/QUOTE]

    I love this quote lol

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 23-Feb-2013, 13:37
  2. Dating age gap? (please don't freak)
    By PetPuppyAlex in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-Feb-2013, 03:20
  3. Your freak-out plans?
    By WeekendBoss in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 21-Dec-2012, 22:32
  4. Pharmacy People freak me out
    By Zeit in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-Feb-2009, 19:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.