Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: starwars anyone? :)

Default starwars anyone? :)

Is anyone here obsessed with starwars other than me?

Not really... but we do like cheese.
    And, surprisingly, diapers.
    :-)

I was from age 10 to 15 or so and then it settled back into just a significant regard. Lucas' treatment of the prequels stomped pretty hard on that. Let's say I would like to be enthralled again but I'm not all that hopeful given how things have gone lately.

I have a room with fx light sabers on every wall just need yoda and doku to complete the collection! Also still have all my Star Wars toys from when I was younger... So yea, I love Star Wars too.

My son is. I get to watch them over and over and over again.

He even wore out a vhs tape of episode 2.

(Ready for my Abbit and Costello routine)

You know episode 2. Not episode 2 that is actually episode 5, or epiode 5 that was technicaly episode 2 but was remastered which made it episode 5 before they brought out episode 2, which would be episode 7.
    So to help you remember:
    Episode 1= episode 4 and Episode 4 the remaster and episode 11 redone with the Navajo languge
    episode 2= episode 5 and episode 5 the remaster
    Episode 3= episode 6 and episode 6 the remaster which is the end
    episode 4= episode 1 and episode 7 and episode 10 in 3d
    episode 5= episode 2 and episode 8
    episode 6= episode 3 and episode 9 which was the end but is actually the middle.

So I hope that clears thing up.
    ogh and dont forget "LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"

I'm a classic Star Wars fan- meaning I HATE the prequel films as they felt different to me. I grew up on classic Star Wars so I always was a fan of the original three movies. I had a mixed view on the first prequel but after viewing it and the second one together one night- I decided the prequels weren't for me.

WildThing121675

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    My son is. I get to watch them over and over and over again.

He even wore out a vhs tape of episode 2.

(Ready for my Abbit and Costello routine)

You know episode 2. Not episode 2 that is actually episode 5, or epiode 5 that was technicaly episode 2 but was remastered which made it episode 5 before they brought out episode 2, which would be episode 7.
    So to help you remember:
    Episode 1= episode 4 and Episode 4 the remaster and episode 11 redone with the Navajo languge
    episode 2= episode 5 and episode 5 the remaster
    Episode 3= episode 6 and episode 6 the remaster which is the end
    episode 4= episode 1 and episode 7 and episode 10 in 3d
    episode 5= episode 2 and episode 8
    episode 6= episode 3 and episode 9 which was the end but is actually the middle.

So I hope that clears thing up.
    ogh and dont forget "LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
    ...wha- what? That is so not cleared up! I thought I had this whole Star Wars thing figured out! Now I'm confused A.F. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I was from age 10 to 15 or so and then it settled back into just a significant regard. Lucas' treatment of the prequels stomped pretty hard on that. Let's say I would like to be enthralled again but I'm not all that hopeful given how things have gone lately.
    Exactly.

I was in grade school when the originals came out. I coveted my small collection of figures and my mom bought me a Snow-Walker at a garage sale and I saved up enough money to purchase a Land-Speeder. One of my darkest days was when the head fell off of my Darth Vader figure during recess due to how soft the plastic got when exposed to direct sunlight.

Lucas' cheap attempt to incorporate the entire movie-going crowd with his prequels were far from the feel of the first three.

I liked the prequels guys...yes the original trilogy were better movies but I look at it as one big story. And they transitioned really well into a new hope.