Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Message from Anonymous UK to the English Defense League

Default A Message from Anonymous UK to the English Defense League

Published on 28 May 2013
    Good morning members, and leaders of the English Defense League. We are Anonymous UK. We have been patiently observing your organisation, as you have inflated, indoctrinating our young with your criminal mindset. You have capitalized on the misfortunes of our peoples, taking advantage of moments of fear, of terror, and of reconciliation, to spread hatred and animosity towards your fellow man. Your constant belligerence, like a pack of raving ignoramuses, furthering only bigotry and segregation. You have angered us considerably, and summoned our wrath irrevocably. Last week, an innocent Drummer, Lee Rigby, lost his life at the hands of two vile and demented human beings in the most horrific, and heinous manner ever witnessed on the streets of Britain. This villainous public display has thrown the United Kingdom into mourning; every community, and every congregation, extending their deepest condolences. You however, have used this as another excuse to further spread your campaign of hate, bigotry, and misinformation. Under the guise of national pride you have instigated crimes against the innocent and incited the subjugation of Muslims. We will not allow your injustices, your lies, and your stupidity, to further radicalize our youth into fearing and despising their fellow man.

Our people are desperate for hope, in a hopeless society where our own government neglects us, where society has failed us, it is only natural to seek a relatable change maker. This sort of desperation, this quest for feeling of worth, is what you have taken advantage of.

In this operation, we will begin the systematic and comprehensive desiccation of your cult. We will further expose your falsities and your attempts to censor, to your members, to the British public, and to the world as a whole. You will fall, we can say this with complete confidence. We are everywhere, you cannot hide, you cannot win We are the voices of all and the voice of one. It will not happen over night, but we WILL be victorious.

We are Anonymous.
    We are Legion.
    We do not forgive.
    We do not forget.
    Expect us.

#OpEDL
    @Operation_EDL
    Thoughts ?

Hmmm... I worry that standing in "opposition" like this could establish an "us and them" attitude... Aggression against an oppressor could mean a fight to the death; trying to understand him/her could lead to unity...

The problem is complex, and I don't know what the answer is. It's difficult to understand how some people think.

But I love the way these guys handled it: BBC News - York Mosque praised for offering EDL protesters tea

I'm kind of between a rock and a hard place. I don't agree with racism or the EDL so I understand the views in the video but I'm not sure its right for anonymous to publish what they have on twitter either.

And I agree, serving tea, biscuits and a game of football is how many disputes should be solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Strontium View Post
    I don't agree with racism or the EDL
    both have their place.
    alas for the EDL, it's place is in the intellectual and nationalist waste bin.
    as i've pointed out before, 'defence' and 'league' aren't english words, so where does 'english' come into it? English Foreign Mumbo-jumbo; and that's the sum of the sense of it.

and loons being loons, Anonymous' claims are equally applicable to itself.
    at least the EDL can claim a moral lineage in the defence of the british people going back to the post-war period and the 'invasion' of foreigners enabled by other foreigners (our rulers); Anonymous' moral lineage traces directly back to those foreigners who imported foreigners. it's obvious for whom they speak.

neither have a leg to stand on.

June

Every time Anonymous sends out a message, I'm expecting them to start it with "Hello, X. I want to play a game."

The people who think that Anonymous is some sort of "leet hacker activist group" makes me laugh. It's seriously just a bunch of guys - random, different people every single time - trying to fill in that role that everyone gives them of being that awesome group that can do whatever the hell they want. You know what it is? One guy. One. Every single time, it's one guy, acting as if the entire website is backing him up on it, and then he posts a thread and a bunch of other idiots join in and there you have it, you've got the le super le hacker group of the century le XD.

Everyone tells them to fuck off when they make those threads, and only a select few join in, unless it is something VERY important, such as the SOPA/PIPA shit, and even then, it wasn't a huge "oh god let's hack them and bring them down yeah that'll show 'em aren't we so amazing" junk that everyone thinks them to be.

That whole "we are legion" signature that they use is repeatidely laughed at and mocked. Seriously, it's getting out of hand. It's almost hilarious, except now every edgy teenager has this idea that all he has to do is done a mask from a movie and oh god now he's suddenly also a super "hacktavist" that can bring the world to his knees, expect him blahblah.

There's nothing they can do, and there's nothing that can really be done, other than DDOSing a few websites, and it's doubtful that even that will happen. The few people who do this junk aren't very intimidating.

I wish the 4chan fad would disappear from middle schools throughout the world already.

Quote Originally Posted by KuroCat View Post
    le super le hacker group of the century le XD.
    http://i.imgur.com/fMl4Eka.png

Those Scientology raids were the end of an era ;_;

I have wondered before just what people think of Anonymous but all I've ever seen is what is shown on youtube and what has been picked up my the UK media. The only thing I have noticed is that it does bring an important issue to the public eye but just how effective the attacks are, I have no idea.

Words fail to describe the hatred I feel toward neo-fascist organizations such as the EDL. However, Anonymous has always proven to be a nuisance at worst. It is undeniable that some rotten people and organizations get targeted by them every now and then, but the truth of the matter is that they haven't taken down any of the targets they have set out to "destroy".

I would love to see the EDL disappear, but Anonymous isn't going to make that happen.

If anything, the approach of Anonymous is symptomatic of spending too much time on the internet. Perhaps many of the people claiming to be Anonymous "live" on the internet.

The EDL is just a bunch of football hooligans who aren't allowed to go to matches any more (and who wants to when your team is Luton Town??) so they picked "the Muslims" as the best alternative. Hardly anyone in Britain actually supports them, and most people are actually hostile. I don't know what Anonymous could do to damage them at this point, although attacking their website, leaking supporters names & addresses... ect. might make things a bit harder for them, it's hardly likely to wipe them out. I'm fine with things going worse for the EDL.
    I once talked about this with an old man who'd seen the far-right come and go and he said this "it's always the same: they wrap themselves in the flag and try to be respectable, they stand for election, it doesn't work, they get frustrated and angry, there's infighting, some of them split off and take it to the streets, they run up against the state, the violence and thuggishness makes them look foolish and dangerous, no-one likes them, back to square one..."

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    both have their place.
    alas for the EDL, it's place is in the intellectual and nationalist waste bin.
    as i've pointed out before, 'defence' and 'league' aren't english words, so where does 'english' come into it? English Foreign Mumbo-jumbo; and that's the sum of the sense of it.

and loons being loons, Anonymous' claims are equally applicable to itself.
    at least the EDL can claim a moral lineage in the defence of the british people going back to the post-war period and the 'invasion' of foreigners enabled by other foreigners (our rulers); Anonymous' moral lineage traces directly back to those foreigners who imported foreigners. it's obvious for whom they speak.

neither have a leg to stand on.
    Yes, the EDL can claim the "moral lineage" of Oswald Mosley
    Last edited by MsClara; 02-Jun-2013 at 07:59.