Thread: Don't have a baby bottle? No problem!

Default Don't have a baby bottle? No problem!

Hey guys! I recently discovered an awesome way to make baby bottles. What you do is take a used water bottle, poke a tiny hole on the top of it with a fork or something along the lines of it, and then fill it up with milk! It's super easy. It helps me calm down and relax, and even soothes me to sleep. Anyone who wanted a bottle but couldn't go out to buy one may find this useful!

As someone who has a bottle I will atest it's not rhe least bit the same. It would be like going from buying baby diapers to Bambinos

Only thing about any bottle is to finish drinking the contents before falling asleep to prevent the remaining fluid from seeking its own level where it comes to rest.
    In other words I hate leaky bottles that wet the bed before I do !
    The water bottles with a push-pull valve are the best.
    Well so much for keeping this comment dry as my diaper ! LOL !

BabyLock

Quote Originally Posted by babylock1 View Post
    Only thing about any bottle is to finish drinking the contents before falling asleep to prevent the remaining fluid from seeking its own level where it comes to rest.
    In other words I hate leaky bottles that wet the bed before I do !
    The water bottles with a push-pull valve are the best.
    Well so much for keeping this comment dry as my diaper ! LOL !

BabyLock
    Yeah, that's why I prefer my playtex insulator cups. No leaking at all and *far* easier to drink from.

I like the old bottles from the 1980's The new Nukes and such are ok but I like the old fashion ones :S. Any Idea where I can get the old ones.

I use the ESSKA feeding bottles, I love them. The bad thing about them is that they easily tip over but thats okey as they dont leak at all. I'm also more for the old fashion style, ESSKAs bottles have such nice motifs painted on them - and ofcourse: the older motifs are nicer..

I never thought of this before and I wish I though of it before I had a bottle, but like others said it would not be quite the same as the real thing.
    Congrats on finding an alternative though.

Yeah, It's just something for if you don't have access to bottles though. haha

Hello, you can purchase the older vintage baby bottles via eBay. As far as turning a water bottle into a nursing bottle, Google water bottle adapter. It's an adapter, it turns any bottle into a nursing bottle for a baby of any age.
    You just take off the water bottles, threaded nipple through the adapter and screw it onto any bottle that has a similar type opening. Even a 2 L bottle can be turned into a nursing bottle. You probably go right out right now, and get one at babies R us. Hope that helps good luck mommy

I think I saw the bottle adapters at target not too long ago. I've head one for a long time but I don't recall what store it came from.