Thread: Hello everyone.

Default Hello everyone.

Hello everyone!

As I've been reduced to lurker, and informed that in order to rid myself of this status I'm encouraged to give you all a little presentation of myself this is my attempt at doing exactly that. Blackmail, if I'm being honest but in any case - here we go!

My name will be my own secret for now, but I will tell you about my life and how I came to find this community of wonderful people.

I grew up an expat from Sweden, living for most of my life abroad. (San Diego, US, for 4 years) and in Saudi Arabia for almost ten. I've moved with my family back to my country of birth Sweden since then, where I studied to become a doctor, something I'd always wanted to become. I have a two month old son and a wonderful husband who works as an engineer.

I'm halfway through my residency (AT) now and I'm working in a hospital in central Stockholm doing a surgical rotation. I'm hoping to eventually become a paediatrician but it's probably going to be a good number of years before that becomes reality. I've also looked into specializing in gastroenterology, as it's a booming field and most likely will be for a number of years.

My medical studies are the sole reason I found out about ABDL. During my first years as a medical student we had to take at least one course on psychology as an elective. Me and my friend did our report on fetishisms and their possible catalysts, in other words what triggers a fetish for either this or that, be it leather, balloons or diapers. We googled around and found a couple of active forums within each fetish, as I remember we ended up doing it on diapers (because it was the, quite frankly, weirdest one we'd found - no offense intended) and S&M dominance/submissive. It's been a while and I can't quite remember if I'm being perfectly honest.

In any case. We did our report, and I figured that would be the end of it. But actually as it turns out people from one of the forums in particular were very interested in reading the results of our study. I got the feeling that we'd pherhaps misrepresented the seriousness of our study, and that it was actually a rather minor part of an overall larger curriculum for the course. So in order to sway any doubts that we'd ridiculed those that participated we sent them the reports and they were so very nice to us about it. This was a couple of years ago now and we expected nothing but derision from the internet community, as it can be extremely spiteful.

So as it turned out I kept in touch with a couple of the participants in the study, mostly via emails. Some I've lost touch with over the years and one turned out to live quite close to me and we had coffe about a year ago but he's since moved away unfortunately. What I'm saying is I made a couple of very good friends where I expected to find nothing but perversion and hostility. I was pherhaps, and most likely looking back at it now, pretty judgemental about the whole thing, but I stand here today corrected.

Myself I have no particular interest in the fetish, I am neither AB nor DL, nor do I have any interest in experimenting in that field. I am here because you have an amazing community filled with fantastic people. I am always open to chat for a bit, but I do wish to make it very clear that I am not here to become the vehicle for someone's sexual fantasies.

I hope that about covers it. Please feel free to ask me anything else.

Thanks so much for reading and have an amazing evening everyone!

Hello and welcome to ADISC! It's great to have folks here who aren't AB/DLs themselves; it gives us some outside perspective that's always valuable. I'm very glad to hear our community was kind to you, and I also appreciate that your view of us was changed for the better. Despite what the media like to portray, most of us are surprisingly normal, grounded people who just happen to like cushy underwear.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by lom View Post
    Hello everyone!

As I've been reduced to lurker, and informed that in order to rid myself of this status I'm encouraged to give you all a little presentation of myself this is my attempt at doing exactly that. Blackmail, if I'm being honest but in any case - here we go!

My name will be my own secret for now, but I will tell you about my life and how I came to find this community of wonderful people.

I grew up an expat from Sweden, living for most of my life abroad. (San Diego, US, for 4 years) and in Saudi Arabia for almost ten. I've moved with my family back to my country of birth Sweden since then, where I studied to become a doctor, something I'd always wanted to become. I have a two month old son and a wonderful husband who works as an engineer.

I'm halfway through my residency (AT) now and I'm working in a hospital in central Stockholm doing a surgical rotation. I'm hoping to eventually become a paediatrician but it's probably going to be a good number of years before that becomes reality. I've also looked into specializing in gastroenterology, as it's a booming field and most likely will be for a number of years.

My medical studies are the sole reason I found out about ABDL. During my first years as a medical student we had to take at least one course on psychology as an elective. Me and my friend did our report on fetishisms and their possible catalysts, in other words what triggers a fetish for either this or that, be it leather, balloons or diapers. We googled around and found a couple of active forums within each fetish, as I remember we ended up doing it on diapers (because it was the, quite frankly, weirdest one we'd found - no offense intended) and S&M dominance/submissive. It's been a while and I can't quite remember if I'm being perfectly honest.

In any case. We did our report, and I figured that would be the end of it. But actually as it turns out people from one of the forums in particular were very interested in reading the results of our study. I got the feeling that we'd pherhaps misrepresented the seriousness of our study, and that it was actually a rather minor part of an overall larger curriculum for the course. So in order to sway any doubts that we'd ridiculed those that participated we sent them the reports and they were so very nice to us about it. This was a couple of years ago now and we expected nothing but derision from the internet community, as it can be extremely spiteful.

So as it turned out I kept in touch with a couple of the participants in the study, mostly via emails. Some I've lost touch with over the years and one turned out to live quite close to me and we had coffe about a year ago but he's since moved away unfortunately. What I'm saying is I made a couple of very good friends where I expected to find nothing but perversion and hostility. I was pherhaps, and most likely looking back at it now, pretty judgemental about the whole thing, but I stand here today corrected.

Myself I have no particular interest in the fetish, I am neither AB nor DL, nor do I have any interest in experimenting in that field. I am here because you have an amazing community filled with fantastic people. I am always open to chat for a bit, but I do wish to make it very clear that I am not here to become the vehicle for someone's sexual fantasies.

I hope that about covers it. Please feel free to ask me anything else.

Thanks so much for reading and have an amazing evening everyone!
    Welcome to our site! It is indded a unique place to dwell and learn. If you did a psychology study then are you going into psychology? We hope you don't psychoanalize us but there are posts from time to time where members are wondering where they are coming from and where they are going. Perhaps you can add your two cents worth from time to time. Enjoy!

Hello and welcome to our group. I found your introduction very interesting. I am retired/disabled, and did 19+ years of Biomedical Research. I would always be interested in talking to anyone with interests in the medical field. Good luck with the rest of your studies.

Hi there, thank you so much!

No it was, as I said, a mandatory part of our elective courses. I'm not going into psychology myself, there are people out there far better at that than me. My ultimate goal when I started was to become a paediatrician, but there are really only a couple highly recognizable hospitals in sweden that focus on that care so contention for the attending jobs are very very tough.