Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abena x-plus or secure x plus?

Default Abena x-plus or secure x plus?

I'm a little confused which is which... They both seem to have the same features. Could anyone who's tried either brand tell me which they thought was better between those two types [if they are indeed different], and which one you thought was the better diaper.

As soon as I figure it out, I'm ordering

I've used both and prefer Secure X-plus greatly over Abena X-plus.

The Secure X-Plus have a taping zone that easily allows you to greatly adjust the location of where you placed the tape. Abena's use that weird dual blue/white taping system that I have not gotten to stay taped for any length of time.

Absorbency wise they are very similar.

To be completely honest though, you should get either a sample or a single bag of each and see which you prefer.

I've tried both, I personally think the Abena's are a bit better in that they are generally a bit more absorbent. The Secure's do have a few things going for them. They are a bit lower profile so they are a bit more discreet when wearing under clothes; the tapes are excellent and truly are refastenable as there is an actual taping zone and they don't ride up as high as the abena's do. The abenas generally ride up past my belly button while the secures are lower in profile.

I agree with Ace. I think Secures are nearly identical in construction to Bambinos. They may be made in the same factory.

The secure x plus has a blue inside, and a white outside. They also have a clear plastic taping panel on the front, and provided the single tapes stay on this, you can untape and retape them as many times as you want.

The abena x plus is white inside and out, and in my opinion, a little more absorbant. They have no taping panel, but they have backup tapes. If you miss or need to adjust the tapes, you can just seperate the blue ones from the white ones, and try again. If you don't need the second tapes, you can use them to ball up and tape it shut when you go to throw it away.

I feel the secure one has poor construction though. For reasons unknown to me, sometimes I feel like making a pullup diaper. That's when I tape one up before putting it on, then slip it on like a pullup, or underwear, usually when I want a really fast change. The abenas did this fine, but when trying it with the secure, like the third time I did it, it just split right up the middle, and stuffing fell all over the place.

Also, here's something else to keep in mind.

XP Medical is the best place to buy the abris. They're a good, reputable business, and when they say discreet packaging, they MEAN it.

The secure X plus must be bought from..... I can't remember the name since I tried+abandoned them, but THEIR idea of 'discreet packaging' is a plain brown box, like XP medical......... only it also has a giant sticker on the side which reads "SECURE PERSONAL CARE PRODUCTS INC." And also has their logo, their website, and a phone number on it.

It's about as discreet as wearing 5 of them all at once out in public would be. I never intend to do business with that company again.

First thing... There are quite a few threads on this exact subject, and even a few more comparing the Secures and Abenas to the Dry 24/7.

In short, the Abenas are slightly more absorbent, but the Secure X-Plus has better tapes, a better tape landing zone, and the filling doesn't bunch up like the Abenas do. Secure X-Plus is the exact same diaper as the Bambinos (with the exception of the front panel design, and wetness indicator), and are made in the same factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Harano View Post
    The secure X plus must be bought from..... I can't remember the name since I tried+abandoned them, but THEIR idea of 'discreet packaging' is a plain brown box, like XP medical......... only it also has a giant sticker on the side which reads "SECURE PERSONAL CARE PRODUCTS INC." And also has their logo, their website, and a phone number on it.

It's about as discreet as wearing 5 of them all at once out in public would be. I never intend to do business with that company again.
    Guess what I just got today... A case of Secure X-Pluses. Oddly, my box has no "giant stickers", and only has an indescript logo in one corner.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/jsgti18t/DSCF2383.jpg

The logo reads:

Secure X Plus
    Medium
    4 Bags of 12
    Reorder No. SR97033
    Dist. By G Hirsch and Co. Inc
    Burlingame, Ca 94010

No website, no phone number, and no "giant sticker". In my experience, Secure Personal Care has been just as good to me as XP is, even turning the box inside out when requested (I used to have them sent to work).

Shame that you won't give them your business... They've done a lot for the ABDL community, including supporting events with free samples, supporting websites with advertising, and introducing an entire line of diapers tailor made just for us.

Abena has a wider range of sizes and fit me better. I like the Secure tapes better, but still find the Abenas more comfortable. Try them and see what works best for you, is the best advice anybody can offer.

The website is Secure Personal Care
    This is the first time I've ordered these as well, and am just finishing up the bag. They are probably my most favored diaper thus far, mainly because of the fact that they can be worn, and you don't have to worry about using it, so you can take it off and retape it later with just as much stickyness as the first.

Apparently, no one that has posted on this thread has read the FAQ's on the Secure Personal Care website, so I'll quote it:

What type of packaging are products received in?

All of our products are packaged and shipped in factory-sealed packages. We also offer discreet packaging - when checking out, simply ask for "discreet shipping" and we'll ship your box out in completely discreet shipping! While most of our products come in plain brown boxes with little or no descriptive markings, a few of our underpads and pads/liners do have more descriptive markings on the outside. It is always best to ask for fully discreet shipping if you require it . Our shipping label simply states our warehouse address and the abbreviation of our company name: "SPCP, LLC."
    And so I did that when I checked out, and it came exactly as they said, with only "SPCP, LLC." on the label.

Quote Originally Posted by NEJay View Post
    They've done a lot for the ABDL community, including supporting events with free samples, supporting websites with advertising, and introducing an entire line of diapers tailor made just for us.
    Haha, you just sold me jay, I am buying secure x-plus next time! lol I feel that a diper company who can do that for our community deserves not only mine, but every abdl, since supposedly their product is good.

I went ahead and ordered the secures online this morning. They should be here by the weekend and I'll get back to you all.