Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bit of a tangent but...

Default Bit of a tangent but...

...It kind of bodes well I think for those of us in the UK.

Map Ranks State Of Human Rights For LGBT Citizens In Europe

In spite of all the dreadful nonsense with UKIP at the moment, i'm still very proud of how accepting many people are in the UK. There is, in the long run, hope for greater acceptance of people with fetishes I suspect... it's just time and understanding. The fact that The 15 Stone Baby aired is a step in the right direction in any case...

I'm watching the football leauge show while reading this, so I'm tempted to interpret this as UK winning the European Rainbow Tolerance cup... we stuffed you Belgium, we stuffed you!

Homosexuality and transgender issues are aspects of that person's own personality. Me preferring to wear things like Bambino Bellismos, sleeping with plushies and a nightlight, using a sippy cup rather then a normal glass.

It's not the same as a person's core sexuality. Also if you thing 15 stone baby improved anything, it likely didn't. They saw some 50+ year old man in nappies/diapers and that's all they saw. Even I don't know how he feels, why he does it and I never will.

My point is, if we can't even comprehend each others motivations in AB/DL stuff how should we expect "normal" people to?

If they don't understand it, it will never be acceptable to ride in a stroller with your favorite plush. It will just still be some weirdos in the eyes of the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    If they don't understand it, it will never be acceptable to ride in a stroller with your favorite plush. It will just still be some weirdos in the eyes of the public.
    To be fair, it will probably never be socially acceptable (at least in the foreseeable future) to ride around in a stroller with your favorite plush.

Interesting... although I'm surprised to see the Netherlands below the UK. They were the first to legalise gay marriage, and I thought the gay-rights movement gathered momentum much earlier than in the UK...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homomonument
    BBC News - Gay marriage around the world

Quote Originally Posted by nothingusual View Post
    To be fair, it will probably never be socially acceptable (at least in the foreseeable future) to ride around in a stroller with your favorite plush.
    I could of swore I said that, oh well. :P

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Interesting... although I'm surprised to see the Netherlands below the UK. They were the first to legalise gay marriage, and I thought the gay-rights movement gathered momentum much earlier than in the UK...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homomonument
    BBC News - Gay marriage around the world
    It is LGBT rights in a legislative context, rather than a cultural context. There are plenty of places in the UK where openly LGBT individuals would get their heads kicked in,

No, probably not. I'm not sure that would be a war worth fighting in any case... But that doesn't mean progress cannot be made in terms of respect and understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsaur View Post
    No, probably not. I'm not sure that would be a war worth fighting in any case... But that doesn't mean progress cannot be made in terms of respect and understanding.
    Well that's a issue. Why would you want general respect and understanding from the public when it will still be confined to you're bedroom and home?

Well that's a issue. Why would you want general respect and understanding from the public when it will still be confined to you're bedroom and home?
    I'll be interested to see what Jsaur has to say but I know what I'd like: I would like greater recognition that the ABDL thing is just another in the cross section of weird, harmless kinks that people have. In the same way that the average person understands that a BDSM afficianado isn't a risk for kidnapping and torture, I'd like to see the average person understand or at least be more open to explanation that this isn't about pedophilia.

I don't really feel qualified to say what the non-sexual ABDLs need. From where I sit, the more extreme ones are just going to be generally disappointed as I think they want more from society than it is reasonable to expect. In that sense, it's not about right or wrong, just about what people will accept.

Because, as it stands, I feel like there's this enormous secret in my life which I suspect the majority of the public would find disgusting/weird/etc. The energy of that reality carries a burden through my daily life. Every now and again you overhear a non-ABDL talk about our community and it's "oh how sad" or "oh that's gross" etc. that's what needs to change.

But, if I wouldn't necessarily fight for people being strolled down the high street in onesies, it's for the same reason that I don't really want to see people dry humping each other on a bench in the middle of the high street... It's not that I think it's "wrong" per se I just think there are social practices that are better confined to our private lives.

I appreciate that this might be a divisive point however...