Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Bought my First diapers ever!

Default Just Bought my First diapers ever!

I'm new to this site so I'm not sure if I should just be posting this under another thread, but whatever.
    I'm 18, live at home and can't drive, so there is almost no hope of me ever getting any diapers of my own. I've managed to pick them up places over the years, from my little cousins house mostly or from around my own house when my brothers were still in diapers. Anyway today I was hanging out with one of my friends and he said he needed to go to the grocery store to pick up a couple of things for his sister, she was cooking something and needed ingredients. My friend doesn't know that I like diapers, nobody does. When we walked in I realized this would be one of my only chances to get them without one of my parents around or a group of my friends that might draw attention to it. I've read a bunch of other threads here about people buying diapers, so I was pretty confident there wouldn't be any problems. I told my friend that my mom had sent me a text asking me to pick some for for my cousin, who might come to visit soon (so crafty). I went to the isle, grabbed a pack of XL Goodnights and moved on immediately. I made sure to keep going with whatever conversation we were having and to never actually refer to them, hoping that he would forget it even happened. I used the self checkout and walked out with him, proud of how calm I was able to be during the whole thing. As soon as I got home I ran up to my room, hid the bag and put one on. This is the first diaper I've ever worn that actually fit me the way it is meant to. I wet it somewhat and then sat down to type this post.
    I guess it's not really that big of a thing for most of you here, but it's kind of a big moment for me. I now how 12 new goodnights and I'm going to make them last as long as I can. This is a fantastic day.
    Also does anyone know how easily these Goodnights leak? That would be good info to have.

You gotta be really careful cause they can leak sometimes... Just make sure there are no gaps around your legs at all! As long as they are snug they're fantastic!

Go easy on the flow; gives the padding time to absorb. Goodnites are good for about 1.5 wettings realistically. They are a fun Gateway Diaper that will lead to the urge to score padding that features tapes and extra absorbency. From what I can tell, Bambinos and Abena are the closest thing to diaper heroin

First off, congrats on your new diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazang View Post
    Also does anyone know how easily these Goodnights leak? That would be good info to have.
    How big are you? The bigger you are, the more leaky they'll be. How about that? They're made for 14-and-unders, weighing ~125 lbs or less, after all.

I only weight around 135-140 lbs, and they fit great. It sounds like there is some risk of them leaking though, so I'll just be careful.
    MOPaddED, I've heard that those are the best too, unfortunately I have nos way to get them other than ordering to my house and risking my family getting to them first. I'll probably just wait until I move out to get anything I can't find at a store.
    Thanks you guys!

I don't buy GoodNites often, but when I do, I usually wear them unwetted for a few days, perhaps 3-5. By that time the padding gets a little disformed and the sides get slack, then they are subject for use.

Quote Originally Posted by MOPaddED View Post
    Go easy on the flow; gives the padding time to absorb. Goodnites are good for about 1.5 wettings realistically. They are a fun Gateway Diaper that will lead to the urge to score padding that features tapes and extra absorbency. From what I can tell, Bambinos and Abena are the closest thing to diaper heroin
    Lol! Gateway diaper, that's so funny, but true.

To the OP, have as much fun as you can. Before long you'd probably be wanting to explore your options as we all eventually do. Good luck with making them last, that's if you can get them on without ripping on you. Pre-stretching them helps that issue a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by MOPaddED View Post
    I use drynites/goodnites as well and I'm 23. I agree, don't let it all out. Go slowly and give it time to absorb. They can absorb quite a lot.