Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adult Kid clothes at major retailers

Default Adult Kid clothes at major retailers

I'm sure this has been discussed before, so don't "thrash" me over the rocks for bringing up an old topic. I have recently found some really cute kid T-shirts at Walmart size XL that actually fit me - how awesome! Target also has some adult shirts with youthful images on them (like Star Wars and Cat in the Hat). If I could only find some kid-themed shorts that fit me, I would have some really cute sleep outfits for the summer. I know there are on-line sites such as Forever a Kid, that carry adult sized child clothing. But, does anyone know of retail stores that either carry adult clothing with kid themes, or child clothing in sizes XL or XXL that would fit adults?

For women you can try New Look, TK Max, Sports Direct or BHS.

For men all of above except New Look.

I believe all those go up to aged 14yrs if not 16yrs compared to a lot of kids clothing only going up to 12/13yrs.

Not sure how applicable this is if you're not UK based though :P

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    For women you can try New Look, TK Max, Sports Direct or BHS.

For men all of above except New Look.

I believe all those go up to aged 14yrs if not 16yrs compared to a lot of kids clothing only going up to 12/13yrs.

Not sure how applicable this is if you're not UK based though :P
    Mens New Look do cartoon stuff too! My fiance has new look sonic jammie bottoms.

For shorts, MyWorld08, you could always try getting some colourful board shorts?

I got Sesame Street pajama bottoms. Can't get more regressive than that.

Do they still have Spencers stores? They used to have some really weird T-shirts and clothes. Yes, I used to get a number of my shirts from them.
    Last edited by dogboy; 16-May-2013 at 03:43.

Well,

I'll say I've seen more things like this over the last 10 years or so...

I have a logo star wars shirt I get a few cool shirts...

B

Xanthia - unfortunately I am not UK, I'm US. But there is a chain here called TJ Max - I wonder if it is in anyway related to TK Max. I will check it out.

Talula - what are Board Shorts?

By the way, I also just recently bought a Queen sized Star Wars quilt from the US chain, Target. They do have a few kid-bedding items in Full/Queen sizes, so this is another resource.

Walmart carries cartoon themed boxer shorts that can certainly be used for sleep pants over a diaper. Problem is, most of those cartoon themes are either crude humor, or aggressive super heroes. I did find a Sesame Street pair of boxers that fit me, so that's a start.

Check H&M, they have a lot of nice things for bigger kids. I'm quite tall (with long arms, lol) and their sweaters fit me

Quote Originally Posted by MyWorld08 View Post
    Xanthia - unfortunately I am not UK, I'm US. But there is a chain here called TJ Max - I wonder if it is in anyway related to TK Max. I will check it out.
    They are related - the name is different in the UK as there was already a retailer using the 'TJ' initials. I think the stores carry different ranges, but they could still be worth checking.

Walmart usually carries Cookie Monster shirts, and get so overalls with it, that gives you a cute toddler outfit imo