Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh dear.....

Default Oh dear.....

Just seen my doc... she was annoyed that I hadn't called a doctor out last week or especially over the weekend.

As you all know, I have been severely poorly with this damn recurring infection, multiple (up to 10 sometimes!) 5mm blood clots in my leg bag, spasms in my abdomen that have been so powerful they have made me cry and increasing pain in my back on the right flank, it is tender to the touch too, and a temperature on top...

She said IF the symptoms, especially the blood clots, don't start to fade over the next couple of days with my FOURTH course of Antibiotics, she wants me to be admitted to hospital to be monitored 24/7, investigations into blood clots, and given an IV with stronger antibiotics.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainVimes View Post

She said IF the symptoms, especially the blood clots,
    Oh... my... God... Please take this seriously. Blood clots can cause DEATH. This is a BIG DEAL.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyMitchy View Post
    Oh... my... God... Please take this seriously. Blood clots can cause DEATH. This is a BIG DEAL.
    What Mitchy said, if your doctor is telling you that things are getting serious and you need to start preparing, start preparing, lord knows what might happen if this does continue and you are admitted into hospital.

Here's hoping and praying that everything goes by fine and you're okay, if not and you end up in hospital, I'll be praying for a speedy recovery.

Vimes,

Yes - take this seriously... as said before: it looks serious enough to better take REALLY good care of this.
    basically your doc is quite right...

good luck!

Doc phoned me at end of surgery this evening, she wants me at the hospital first thing in the morning for urgent blood tests and kidney ultrasound, also urgent chest xray for something none related...

I guess this is all my own fault for not calling a district nurse or doc out on Friday evening like you guys said I should.

ps. she also said that I looked really rough when she saw me in clinic and that half of her is telling her she should have sent me straight to hospital this morning....

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainVimes View Post
    ps. she also said that I looked really rough when she saw me in clinic and that half of her is telling her she should have sent me straight to hospital this morning....
    Okay. This is some scary stuff I am hearing. I know money and other matters are an issue, but, in the end, all you have a 100% certainty of is your body and what you are currently experiencing. It does suck to have potential medical bills or loss of job or whatever, but LIFE, LIVING, are FAR MORE IMPORTANT and should ALWAYS COME FIRST.

You need to take this very seriously and don't worry about silly "consequences".

Life is #1 and should always be #1.

Make sure you get back to the doctor ASAP and be completely honest with how you are feeling.

We'll probably lose contact with you for a few days while you're in the hospital, but I want you to know that I wish you well and that these problems can get corrected. I had my spine operated on two weeks ago. Sometimes we have to bite the bullet and get things taken care of. Hopefully this will work out well for you, and you can be on the mend.

No matter what happens. Just know that it's better to get it all sorted out now than have it come and haunt you in the future.

And considering how serious this sounds from your end. I think Zi speak for everyone here when we want you to get it all sorted and out of your system and are hoping for a good and speedy recovery and that you come out all well and better than you are now.

All of our prayers go out to you at this time for you. And much good luck that it works out well

Quote Originally Posted by BabyMitchy View Post
    Okay. This is some scary stuff I am hearing. I know money and other matters are an issue, but, in the end, all you have a 100% certainty of is your body and what you are currently experiencing. It does suck to have potential medical bills or loss of job or whatever, but LIFE, LIVING, are FAR MORE IMPORTANT and should ALWAYS COME FIRST.

You need to take this very seriously and don't worry about silly "consequences".

Life is #1 and should always be #1.

Make sure you get back to the doctor ASAP and be completely honest with how you are feeling.
    I have no excuses BabyMitchy, we have the NHS and I am severely disabled so I do not work.

I will talk to docs this morning as I was up quite frequently through the night in agony and frequently bypassing a little everytime I spasm and when I changed my pad this morning there was an obvious "blood stain" in the soiled one.

I feel like shite, I mean more than usual, I feel ill every day, but this is worse and my back REALLY hurts down the right flank

I will find someone to talk to for advice in the hospital when I go for the tests in an hour. (My local hospital is minor injuries only) *sigh*

If I do get admitted I will have my mobile with me and my charger, I couldn't spend one day without my internet lol the hospital has an albeit crap and REALLY SLOW free wifi if I can't get mobile signal....