Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi, I'm new :)

Default Hi, I'm new :)

I joined this site to to see what other ABDls are interested in and to get advice on how to deal with some things by reading how others got through it. I'm a third year apprentice automotive techncian and enjoy playing the guitar in my free time and playing with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by TyTy View Post
    I joined this site to to see what other ABDls are interested in and to get advice on how to deal with some things by reading how others got through it. I'm a third year apprentice automotive techncian and enjoy playing the guitar in my free time and playing with friends.
    Welcome to the site! There is a lot of information and suppoet here for your abdl. but we also like to get to know the person behind the post. What kind of music do you play? What kind of cars do you work on? Do you work on a special car at your home? There's also groups to join in this site for side discussions and I know there's one for car enthusiests. Enjoy!

Thank you! I like to play rock music, from led zeppelin to silversun pickups (favorite band). I work at a Mazda dealership so mainly service Mazdas lol. Don't have a special car at the moment, used to have a dodge dart ( 1970 not that new "thing" they're calling a dart).

Quote Originally Posted by TyTy View Post
    Thank you! I like to play rock music, from led zeppelin to silversun pickups (favorite band). I work at a Mazda dealership so mainly service Mazdas lol. Don't have a special car at the moment, used to have a dodge dart ( 1970 not that new "thing" they're calling a dart).
    lol! My brother drove a Dart a long time ago. Nothing like a classic.

I used to drive one of those, with the push button shifting thingy
    oh yeah hi , how ya doin? nice to meet you.

Ah yes, good old American iron. I have owned some of those, going way back to a 72 Cougar XR7 (351 Cleveland) and 10 years ago I had an 81 Parisienne wagon (with a 350.) Nowadays I have a modest mid-size SUV.)

Dealing with things: what sort of things you looking for advice about? We're happy to point the way to relevant threads and posts

Quote Originally Posted by shunbaby1 View Post
    I used to drive one of those, with the push button shifting thingy
    oh yeah hi , how ya doin? nice to meet you.
    Not familiar with the push button shifter thingy lol. Put a 360 mated to a four speed manual in mine. It came with a 318 and console shifting auto... Nice to meet you too

Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
    Ah yes, good old American iron. I have owned some of those, going way back to a 72 Cougar XR7 (351 Cleveland) and 10 years ago I had an 81 Parisienne wagon (with a 350.) Nowadays I have a modest mid-size SUV.)

Dealing with things: what sort of things you looking for advice about? We're happy to point the way to relevant threads and posts
    I drive a ford exploder now lol. Also I've read a lot of posts on here that really helped so can't think of anything at the moment I need advice on. But I'll let ya know