Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: kfc or popeyes

Default kfc or popeyes

Which is your favorite fried chicken place? This has always been a hard choice for me to choose from the 2 i love them both but i love popeyes spicy fried chicken

I have to go with Popeye's, due to the sheer flavor of the chicken and that there aren't as many locations compared to Col. Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by MOPaddED View Post
    I have to go with Popeye's, due to the sheer flavor of the chicken and that there aren't as many locations compared to Col. Sanders
    My work is right near popeyes i go there more i have not been to kfc in 2 years

Of the two, I like KFC - great Cole Slaw. However, we have Church's Chicken here and we eat there the most.

Love the spicy popeyes. Only time I've had KFC in years was when Oprah gave out the free ones.

I remember going on holiday with my parents yeeeeaaaars ago! I must have been about 10 or 11 and we were in Houston (well away from any tourist areas) and we came across Popeye's.

It's probably one of those memories that has overtaken the experience! But... wherever we went, people seemed fascinated with our posh English accents, and I remember the people at Popeye's coming round to the front of the counter to explain everything on the menu. The place was filled with friendly, chatty locals and the batter on the chicken was much nicer that KFC's -- properly seasoned, not too greasy, and with one hell of a crunch!

KFC always seemed bland, like any other junk food restaurant.

But yeah... I don't eat chicken now, and (having grown up) I don't like junk food like I used to. I wonder if a trip to Popeye's would be as good as I imagine... or whether it just wouldn't live up to the memory of how much I enjoyed it when I was a kid...

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    I remember going on holiday with my parents yeeeeaaaars ago! I must have been about 10 or 11 and we were in Houston (well away from any tourist areas) and we came across Popeye's.

It's probably one of those memories that has overtaken the experience! But... wherever we went, people seemed fascinated with our posh English accents, and I remember the people at Popeye's coming round to the front of the counter to explain everything on the menu. The place was filled with friendly, chatty locals and the batter on the chicken was much nicer that KFC's -- properly seasoned, not too
    greasy, and with one hell of a crunch!

KFC always seemed bland, like any other junk food restaurant.

But yeah... I don't eat chicken now, and (having grown up) I don't like junk food like I used to. I wonder if a trip to Popeye's would be as good as I imagine... or whether it just wouldn't live up to the memory of how much I enjoyed it when I was a kid...
    You should go back to popeyes you won't regret it

Quote Originally Posted by zackiepooh1992 View Post
    You should go back to popeyes you won't regret it
    I'd quite like to... but at 700-ish to make it there and back... I think I'd rather go for fine dining locally!

A bit random, but I remember Jean Michel Jarre was doing a concert there at the time. You could see the laser lights for miles! The Beltway came to a complete standstill as people got out their cars to stare!

Since I'm a pescetarian, I don't eat fried chicken. But KFC does have some good buttermilk biscuits though, cant say the same for popeyes. The Cajun seasoning they use is exactly in my palette.

popeye's, though the popeye's in my town almost never servers hot fries. the shrimp and biscuits are good though. But in all honesty the Popeye's here is horribly run in almost every aspect, the dining room has always looked clean however.

For chicken though I still preferred KFC's popcorn chicken. but now Wal-Mart's deli has better ones for less and I can pick up franks redhot while i'm there.