Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use pad/ pant setup

Default Anyone use pad/ pant setup

Been thinking about buying some pad/pant style diapers like abri-san x-plus, moliforms, attends, tena night super tranquility ultimate,etc anyone use these i have tried some years ago but didnt buy the proper pants to go with them just used not so tighty whitys. really just looking for some variety from tape on diapers that will still function decent any recomendations,tips or experience would be greatly appreciated

I've used tena pads (the giant ones, not feminine pads) with just normal briefs (underwear, not diaper briefs) and jeans. I've never leaked but I don't flood them.

I do - most of the days...

it's the Tena Comfort pads I wear... for normal day-to-day business I usually go with the Plus or Super absorbency...

I wear either the mesh-pants or specific "stretch" pants (Tena Fix Cotton) to hold them in place... over that I wear boxers - just to make it look more normal (to myself and in case I've got to undress at a gym or so).

The key with pads is to make sure you choose one that fits your anatomy well - some brands are cut different than others... try.
    the other thing is to get either well (tight) fitting mesh or other proper pad-pants to hold them in place - regular underwear isn't ideal (more likely to leak)
    Then CHANGE often enough... it's not a super-absorbent over night diaper (unless you go with the most "serious" pads out there)... so don't wait until they burst before you change...

The advantage is simple (I'm IC):
    If I go to the toilet I can void normally - just pull down the pad/pant combo... this way the pad sees less actual use and lasts quite long.
    (I dribble and have larger urine loss if I can't get to a toilet in time - but I none the less visit the toilet frequently... this really helps in not using the pad to the max).
    Also when you've got to go for No.2.... no tapes to fumble and re-stick ... no noise, etc.
    Then when it's time to change - pull down that (mesh-)pant and replace the pad. easy and quick.
    And compared to pull-ups you don't need to get out of the shoes, trousers and underwear to put on a new one.

So in most situations the pads are my favorite choice product to deal with my IC.

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    I wear either the mesh-pants or specific "stretch" pants (Tena Fix Cotton) to hold them in place...
    EP01, do you have a link to the pants you hold your pad in place with?

I'm currently struggling with holding my Tena Comfort Super Plus (? one down from the maximum comfort) in place in normal ladies knickers I think I need "belly warmers" as my Nan called them, or "bucket knickers" as my friends called them heheh

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainVimes View Post

I'm currently struggling with holding my Tena Comfort Super Plus (? one down from the maximum comfort) in place in normal ladies knickers I think I need "belly warmers" as my Nan called them, or "bucket knickers" as my friends called them heheh
    http://www.xpmedical.com/accessories.html

They don't carry the Tena brand and are a US Distributor. I haven't seen the Tena ones any where in the US.

Most of the products on this page are fitting type of products that help control the sagging and fitting issues.

The Abena Abri-Fix Soft Cotton Fixing Pants are reusable and are generally a strong fabric that has a lot of stretching qualities that supports pads or diapers with out it feeling like a strangling effect. They are priced more because they are made to be durable for a longer time period of wearing.

There mesh ones are made to be a cheaper disposable option. The material isn't as soft as the other option and durability isn't.

You can also try their pad products and order samples. You do not have to have their brand of products to use in the pants if this is a question.

hmmmm, perhaps I might google for something in the UK...

thank you so much for your input though MeTaLMaNN1983

I'm also using pads sometimes, mid-sized ones. Since honestly, I'm not that much of a fan from the big sized one's. They're basically just the same as diapers in my eyes.
    Except some benefits as already mentioned, but also some drawbacks... they need to sit really tight in place and in my opinion they tend to slide a lot, if they don't.

Anyway, for some occasions or certain clothes, I prefer mid sized pads, like "Attends Contours 5" or "Attends Soft 7". Simply in the first place for some dresses to make no noise and to not have this "bulky butt" phenomena. Some dresses simply don't forgive any misshaped thing. So you know...

However, it can be kinda stressful to change way more often, since, normally I'll need 4-6 diapers/day, so for pads, it's doubled. Except that I only wear them for some hours.
    In the end I stick to take 2-3 with me in my handbag, or backpack, besides the one I'm wearing.

I'll usually always wear tight retro boxershorts for boys, they're fine, or a little bit more covered panties/hotpants. They keep everything in place.

IC Pants are great, if you get used to them. They're usually kinda loose..., so I'd also wear something above them, or go for a small size.
    Besides this, they're kinda "high shaped". In past i've simply cut off the part, which goes beyond/in the range of 10cm from my bellybutton. So just a little bit above the essentially pad.

In the end, in your case, I'd simply ask, if you can have some exemplary-models, if it's possible, from a different bunch of brands and sizes, also pads.
    Some shops also sell those "test-packages", for a small price. Otherwise it may be possible, that you end up, with a lot of stuff, that simply doesn't really fit, is still too much or to less, depending on what you're buying and need ultimately.

My 0,02$ ;)

Vimes,

those are the one I mostly use: TENA Fix Cotton Special - TENA

But similar products are available from Abena (Abri) and Attends as well:
    Attends Stretch Fit
    Attends Stretch Fit Pants Medium

Abri Fix Soft Cotton
    Abr-Fix Soft Cotton

I find it's far better to use the specifically made pants over pads than just regular underwear... works 10x better

I prefer pads over diapers because I need to self-catheter several times a day and it's much easier to do that with pads. I use Molicare Maxis (because they're supplied free by the NHS). I also like Abri-san, but I find the Tena Comfort range to be an odd shape that doesn't work well with my body-shape.

The specially-made net pants are a definite necessity although I do own one or two pairs of boxer-briefs that are tight enough to work on their own; most don't. If you're in the UK, the best place to buy them is Incontinence Choice; go for the Ganmill Boxers rather than the plain net ones. They're a bit thicker and longer-lasting.

hmmmm, perhaps I might google for something in the UK...

thank you so much for your input though MeTaLMaNN1983
    I apologize here is a Tena supplier, http://www.morethanmobility.com/Disp...tch-Pants.html

However I think there are abena products available in you area as well.