Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plastic Sheet Ripped - Ideas till another one gets here?

Default Plastic Sheet Ripped - Ideas till another one gets here?

Aww...my plastic sheet ripped. I just sat and leaned over on one side on my elbow and it ripped through! I prefer doing as little damage as possible to this bed - I've only had it for a few months now. I just ordered another one online (waterproof sheet)....but it'll take a few days to arrive, and a few more days till I can pick it up at my mailbox. I know it was cheap....but still. Any idea for now....Other than praying for no leaks? LOL. I do have a mattress pad too, but I move so much it doesn't stay in place well, and it really just limiting me waking up in an actual puddle during the night, but still it makes it off there....And it's the worst time for this to be happening too, because things just got worse lately. (they have their ups and downs, but lately it's been on a down for some reason) Now I usually don't leak or even fully wet (just leak a little bit at a time), but 1 night out of 2 weeks may do it. Anyway...long story short, it's nothing major, just wondering what I can do for now.

lol...
    Garbage bag under the hole...
    what I used to do.

Um, superglue it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Countdown

If the hole isn't big, maybe you can try to avoid placing your behind near it while sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    If the hole isn't big, maybe you can try to avoid placing your behind near it while sleeping.
    Hmm....Actually the problem is it's right in the middle of where I sleep....I thought of turning the bed, but it will just be on the other side of me....the pad moves too much, and the rip is pretty big....it's like a zipper unravelling and the more I lay on the bed, the bigger it gets. I would just flip the bed over, but it's a pillow top and it's just coils and springs designed to be on the bottom....I can't take it off and turn it over either. It would rip more and be impossible to put on again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    Why not just buy one at the store?
    The only place I could think of around here is WalMart and Sears...Both are really far, and I pretty-much live at walmart....(not really, but you get the idea)....even though I wear diapers out in public because I have to, it would still be amazingly awkward confronted by some of my friends who work there while I have stuff like that. Yeah, yeah - scaredy-Kat me. Besides, I did already pay for it already....I didn't think of those places until later. A medical supply store would have them though right?...I still would have to wait until Wednesday for my day off during the week so they'd be open.

Quote Originally Posted by Nam Repaid View Post
    Shower curtian liner under the mattress pad.

Nam
    Like a shower curtain right? LOL. I could just see my roommates face when shes completely bewildered by it missing. Total WTF? lol.
    Last edited by BabyKat; 01-Dec-2008 at 04:09.

Well you should pick one up from a store as a back up just in case something like this happens again

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    Well you should pick one up from a store as a back up just in case something like this happens again
    Okay...Point taken. Definitely a good idea. I'll go to one on Wednesday. A medical supply store has them right?

...Still, I don't want to leave it up to chance...