Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New and opening up

Default New and opening up

Hello, my name is Xanthia - Xanthia is what I shall use.

I am a secret diaper lover and I am finding more and more interest in adult baby lifestyles as time goes by. I first knew I had an interest in diapers as a teenager but generally didn't think anything of it, or do anything about it. At 18, I remember stealing a diaper or two from somewhere - this is when I first realised what it was I was doing, and where my interest lied.

There has been a long gap from then to now... where only a month ago I got the courage to buy my own diapers from the supermarket (I fit into the Dry Nights) and omydays. I could have myself in some all day if I could.

I come here (via good old Google), in a hope of connecting with other AB/DLs because for me, in the real world it is a very secret and lonely place. I often feel ashamed that I like to spend time alone in a diaper, and look forward to when no one can bother me so they can't find out.

Everyday life for me is being a University student studying BSc Computer Systems and Networks, and taking part in many different volunteering opportunities. I also have some basic sewing knowledge leaving me with many sock monkeys and I also like to bake but I don't eat them - not really a fan of cake!

Look forward to speaking with some of you

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    Hello, my name is Xanthia - Xanthia is what I shall use.
    *AA drone voice* Hello Xanthia

I come here (via good old Google), in a hope of connecting with other AB/DLs because for me, in the real world it is a very secret and lonely place. I often feel ashamed that I like to spend time alone in a diaper, and look forward to when no one can bother me so they can't find out.

Everyday life for me is being a University student studying BSc Computer Systems and Networks, and taking part in many different volunteering opportunities. I also have some basic sewing knowledge leaving me with many sock monkeys and I also like to bake but I don't eat them - not really a fan of cake!

Look forward to speaking with some of you
    A lot of people have those same feelings of shame, especially when they don't know any other *BDLs, but a lot of us have found that being part of the community makes us less ashamed, and even more able to share our secret with non-ABDLs. Hopefully you'll get to feel better about it yourself after a while :-)

What the hell is a sock monkey?

Quote Originally Posted by MsClaraRiddle View Post
    What the hell is a sock monkey?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	378320_10151585452476628_1206176839_n.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	16937

Ok those look really weird, you may not want to mention that as something you're into

:-p

Haha. To be fair I haven't done any in a few weeks, been far too busy getting on with uni work :P

Haha. To be fair I haven't done any in a few weeks, been far too busy getting on with uni work :P
    BTW how do you want us to pronounce your name? Is it "Z-anthia" or "J-anthia"? And what don't you like about Cake?

Welcome aboard Xanthia. Your name reminds me of the 1980 film Xanadu.

Don't worry about feeling ashamed, I think most of us newbies have similar feelings. I know I still feel guilty from time to time.

I too like to bake, but I enjoy eating what I make :P

Astra

I love those sock monkeys! Are they ones that you made?

Anyway, welcome to ADISC. Your interest in diapers sounds a lot like mine-- it was something I'd known about for a while but never really pursued until a few years ago. That's probably a common thing for ABDLs.

Another British CompSci student ^_^ there are a few of us about, some drop-outs, like myself, a few that're still studying and even one or two that've passed

Is there any other interests you have? music? sports? Classes, cooking, diapers and sock monkey's can't be your whol.... hang on a minute, I managed to do the same for a year except I replaced sock monkeys with these

hope you enjoy it here ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by DylanK View Post
    Another British CompSci student ^_^ there are a few of us about, some drop-outs, like myself, a few that're still studying and even one or two that've passed

Is there any other interests you have? music? sports? Classes, cooking, diapers and sock monkey's can't be your whol.... hang on a minute, I managed to do the same for a year except I replaced sock monkeys with these

hope you enjoy it here ^_^
    Haha, thank you! They are pretty cute. Why did you drop out of studying? I don't really do much else other than lots of appointments, and sitting in front of my computer :P But I'm never bored...

Quote Originally Posted by Astra View Post
    I love those sock monkeys! Are they ones that you made?

Anyway, welcome to ADISC. Your interest in diapers sounds a lot like mine-- it was something I'd known about for a while but never really pursued until a few years ago. That's probably a common thing for ABDLs.
    Indeed I did make them They're just made from - well - socks. I'm getting round a bit, really enjoying it here.

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    Welcome aboard Xanthia. Your name reminds me of the 1980 film Xanadu.

Don't worry about feeling ashamed, I think most of us newbies have similar feelings. I know I still feel guilty from time to time.

I too like to bake, but I enjoy eating what I make :P
    Can't say I've heard of the film :P Hopefully with the reassurance I'll be able to become more open about it. Only two people know at the moment... which is an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by MsClaraRiddle View Post
    BTW how do you want us to pronounce your name? Is it "Z-anthia" or "J-anthia"? And what don't you like about Cake?
    It's pronounced Ex-anthia :p And I dunno, I just find it really dry. Give me a chocolate gateau any day though!