Thread: Leaking Phobia

Default Leaking Phobia

I don't know why and maybe it's due to early potty training, but I've always been scared to death of leaking or having any kind of accidents. I've been working on trying to overturn this hang-up for the better part of 12+ years now, but I'm guessing once you develop this mentality, you're pretty much stuck with it. If I wet my diapers and leak in the bed, I will jump up immediately from the dead of sleep, change the diapers, clean myself up and the bed as much as possible. I can't just lay there ether, I've tried and the feeling of "wetness" where I'm lying just bothers me to no end.

I used to be real big into plastic pants, but I quit wearing them because the elastics tend to bite right into my inner thighs. It sucks though, because when I'm concentrating on wetting myself, instead of just going, I find myself trying to get into a certain position whether lying down or shifting my sitting posture. It's basically to try and figure out what's the best way to relax my bladder to keep from straining as much, mixed with where you are trying to maneuver your urine.

I still got one trick up my sleeve, but I've just been too busy all these years to try it. Someone once told me to put down a bed mat for ether in my bed or where I'm sitting and try to relax more without thinking about it. I don't know if this will help me to overcome my fear, but I just may give it a whirl during my next vacation.

Only one really good answer (IMnsHO): Brolly sheets Brolly Sheets Home Page (Origin is New Zealand, so you can probably get them anywhere, even Antarctica right?) One of those things that is just the right thing, period.

If I lived by myself I wouldn't worry about wetting the sheets/bed in as much as I have a mattress protector, but I sleep with my wife so I don't want to inflict her with that. I wear cloth and plastic pants and haven't had a leak in years. If the plastic pants are cutting into you, I would try a larger size, as they shouldn't be cutting into your skin. The bed mat would also be a good idea. There are always solutions to these kinds of problems.

I know what this is like all too well. I was a bed wetter and I remember two things, one was that I did not like the sensation of a wet bed and the other was that my parents were very harsh and abusive about the wet beds. S I know for me there is an emotional connection.

I was able to overcome this with the same things that helped me to start wetting in my sleep again, while diapered now. It takes a lot of time, patience and some work but it was worth it. Keep in mind that I still dislike leaks but the issue has subsided quite a bit.

The overall key was in creating a sensation of security where I felt comfortable and safe in the situation. So for me I looked for the best diaper I could find and started using them slowly until I understood they were very reliable. There is probably no better tool than successful experiences in helping to retrain the mind. I also used a old bed pad that would protect things just in case.

With my tools in place I then focused on retraining myself to relax and let things happen. I did this with some simple meditation, relaxation, self hypnosis techniques. Over time I was ale to wet while in bed while diapered without freaking too much. I would deliberately sleep in these diapers. Over time I was able to mostly overcome the fear.

One consideration you have to deal with will be that of privacy. If you have someone around that might catch on because of the signs if a leak you will probably continue to experience the fear. Remember one if the keys is in creating complete safety from whatever it is that you might be fearful of.

I can tell you that there is not much more liberating than waking up in a soaking wet diaper, dry bed and knowing that this all happened in your sleep. Even if you don't wet the bed just being able to wear and not have I worry about leaks is a good thing.

I don't know why and maybe it's due to early potty training, but I've always been scared to death of leaking or having any kind of accidents. I've been working on trying to overturn this hang-up for the better part of 12+ years now, but I'm guessing once you develop this mentality, you're pretty much stuck with it. If I wet my diapers and leak in the bed, I will jump up immediately from the dead of sleep, change the diapers, clean myself up and the bed as much as possible. I can't just lay there ether, I've tried and the feeling of "wetness" where I'm lying just bothers me to no end.
    People are only stuck in a mindset until they realize they can think about something with a different perspective. The good thing is as human we do that quite often. It's not really clear if leaking or the fear of leaking is the issue. For the later, you first have to understand what drive that fear because fear exists for a 'good' reason. By 'good' I mean it served a positive purpose for you when you developed it and it might still now depending on your situation. When you find what's behind, you can start to work on it.

With my tools in place I then focused on retraining myself to relax and let things happen. I did this with some simple meditation, relaxation, self hypnosis techniques. Over time I was ale to wet while in bed while diapered without freaking too much. I would deliberately sleep in these diapers. Over time I was able to mostly overcome the fear.
    I'm curious about how you proceed with meditation / self hypnosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Garzilla View Post
    I can tell you that there is not much more liberating than waking up in a soaking wet diaper, dry bed and knowing that this all happened in your sleep.
    Yes, yes, you understand. For me waking wet with no memory is the ultimate. When it happens a glow follows me the whole day. Traffic, unreasonable demands at work, nothing bothers me. I feel special, I wet the bed last night!

Quote Originally Posted by adasterix View Post
    Only one really good answer (IMnsHO): Brolly sheets Brolly Sheets Home Page (Origin is New Zealand, so you can probably get them anywhere, even Antarctica right?) One of those things that is just the right thing, period.
    I just bought one of those thank you so much for posting that!!!

I wear the best diapers available - Dry 24/7, until something better comes along - and wear a cloth-lined plastic pant over them. I took to wearing that lined plastic pant while using another diaper, and even though 24/7's have only leaked once in 18 months, I still wear these plastic pants for safety and security. I get them at Babykins, and use their terrycloth lined polyester pant. Never once has any leak gone beyond that pant, in over 7 years. Now, that's secure.

CrinklySiren

for some reason i have the same fear, i mean it doesnt matter if im wearing super thick and premium diapers, or even if im doubled up, i'll always be scared that im gonna leak so i cant just sit there and "go" like sometimes i have to stand up and stuff :P

Quote Originally Posted by WBxx View Post
    Yes, yes, you understand. For me waking wet with no memory is the ultimate. When it happens a glow follows me the whole day. Traffic, unreasonable demands at work, nothing bothers me. I feel special, I wet the bed last night!
    ^this.... SO MUCH THIS lol, though ive never had the luxury of waking up wet, anything you would recommend that i can do to "provide" that experience? lol