Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diapers and Underwear

Default Diapers and Underwear

Hello all!

Now that spring is (finally) here, winter clothing is getting pretty scarce, and layers of heavy clothes are being substituted for shorts and t-shirts. While everyone knows bulky winter clothings is great for concealing diapers, I found myself wondering something earlier.

Aren't diapers essentially underwear?

99% of the time, I wear boxers over diapers. But for some reason, earlier I decided to try going without boxers, just to see what it was like. For some reason, it's always been instinctive for me to throw something on over a diaper before the pants go on. But honestly, having tried going with just a diaper on under some cargo shorts for the first time today, I can honestly say it's not bad at all!

The noise between the two is about the same, and any diaper-waistband that sticks out over my shorts is covered by a sufficiently long t-shirt anyways.

I feel like a dork for not having tried this out before!

That's what I do. Diapers and panties for daytime. Cloth AIO"s and plastic pants for overnight. A whole lot cooler and works for me. Got to keep my diaper held up so it don't slide down
    belly.

I find that if I wear a diaper with a pair of briefs or boxer briefs over it holds the diaper snuger and I get less leaks.

CrinklySiren

Quote Originally Posted by Dan09 View Post
    Hello all!

Now that spring is (finally) here, winter clothing is getting pretty scarce, and layers of heavy clothes are being substituted for shorts and t-shirts. While everyone knows bulky winter clothings is great for concealing diapers, I found myself wondering something earlier.

Aren't diapers essentially underwear?

99% of the time, I wear boxers over diapers. But for some reason, earlier I decided to try going without boxers, just to see what it was like. For some reason, it's always been instinctive for me to throw something on over a diaper before the pants go on. But honestly, having tried going with just a diaper on under some cargo shorts for the first time today, I can honestly say it's not bad at all!

The noise between the two is about the same, and any diaper-waistband that sticks out over my shorts is covered by a sufficiently long t-shirt anyways.

I feel like a dork for not having tried this out before!
    I've been preaching this for years lol and no one has ever listened! FINALLY someone realizes this like I did!

Honestly there is no difference between putting something on over it or not during the summer, the crinkle is noticeable to us as abdls because we are use to hearing it and looking for it, 90% of the time the rest of the world cant hear it and if they DO, a diaper is the last conclusion that comes to mind, they think its a recipt in your pocket or something of that matter. I have not once covered my diaper with anything other than the clothes i'm wearing and I wear some thick diapers too, and living in a town as nosy as the one i live in, not once have I gotten caught, and to be honest even if I have been seen, people will 100% of the time not say anything about it. :P

Most of the fear and the hype thats put into the "discretionary needs" of wearing are usually all caused by our own minds :P the only thing i can honestly say is a must, is a shirt that is long enough incase you need to bend over for whatever reason, or incase you wanna stretch :P

While one could argue there exist practical reasons for putting underwear on over your diaper (reduced noise, more support for the padding), diapers are intended to be worn as your underwear. Toddlers don't wear anything between their pants/shorts and their Pampers, why should you?

Onesies are the only thing I'd layer over a diaper. If I'm wearing a diaper, I'm specifically looking to avoid the use of regular underpants.

To me, diapers are underwear; I've never really seen the need to put something over it before I put pants on. In fact, I prefer not to.

I don't wear in public often, but when I do, it's a cloth diaper, plastic pants and then jeans. No one can really tell. I have worn a cloth diaper and plastic and then my bike shorts when biking. I have the kind of bike shorts that have a tight inner short, and a loose, normal looking shorts as the outside. I love to feel the wind against a wet cloth diaper. Even with plastic pants, you can feel the wind against them.

I sometimes put underwear over my diaper for one reason, to stop things from damaging my diaper, especially when I am wearing jeans. It is quite possible for your zipper to make pinhole leaks in your diaper which becomes no fun if you end up using it.

For most diapers, this is no problem... But for thinner plastic-backed ones, you sometimes need to be careful.

I've done both but I'm still going to opt for the boxers over the top. If I get a onesie though, that will all change.