Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best kind of Paci to buy

Default Best kind of Paci to buy

Okay, so I'm planning on buying myself a pacifier after the responses I got in the Paci vs Thumb sucking thread, only problem is I gotta get one from the local supermarket because I cannot order one offline because parents.

So, I gotta ask, what kind of Pacifier would all of you recommend I get? Because I honestly don't know how all of this works and I don't wanna go in, get one and be dissatisfied with it and all that.

A nuk is really good but you have to make sure you get the 18m+. MAM is also good if you get the biggest one I think it is 6m+ one.

I would say mam, i like the mam air best. Than Nuk3 is pretty good too, but i like the nuk5 best modified with a mam shield.

Just got a few days ago nuk5, which i have modified with a mam shield and i love it!

The first one I got was from Walmart but it was too small, as it was rated around 6 months. It was hard to keep in my mouth, especially at night when sleeping.

The second one I got was a Nuk brand and also from Walmart and it was rated 18+ months. It was probably a Nuk3. I took it apart and turned the shield around so it would fit deeper in my mouth. It was a step up from the 6 month one. I read other posts about pacifiers here on adisc and that led me to my next purchase.

And that was the last one I purchased and I got was from Babypants.com and it was the white Nuk5. That one fits my mouth better than the other two and I really enjoy sleeping with it. It stays in place all night. It was quite a bit more expensive but it is worth it. It was shipped discreetly USPS in a package that didn't indicate what it was and just had BP in the return address. Fortunately, I am typically the first to see the mail and so I was able to get it without my roommates seeing it but they are very considerate about privacy and don't open other people's mail. No worries anyway as you couldn't tell without opening it, what it was.

So, from looking at what you guys have said so far, it's either that I get a Mam 18+ or a Nuk3 18+, either way it goes, I'm planning on trying to find one of those in the Supermarket next week and smuggle it into the house with my groceries.

Hopefully it'll last me for a while until I move out and am able to get one online without my living conditions making me paranoid about if I'll get caught out on it. Then, I'll get myself a Nuk5 that you guys all seem to use.

That being said, if I needed to modify it, what should I do in order to make sure that it fits in there?

I prefer the MAM, but it varies by person. Honestly, I think if I had bought the Nuk first I'd have sworn off pacis. Try both, they aren't really expensive. One might be a lot more enjoyable than the other.

I usually go for the Gerber Soft Center binkies. The nipple is a little small but I love the round shape of it. But if you really want it, I recommend getting a Nuk 3. It's cheap and very easy to get.

Quote Originally Posted by paciloverbaby3 View Post
    I usually go for the Gerber Soft Center binkies. The nipple is a little small but I love the round shape of it. But if you really want it, I recommend getting a Nuk 3. It's cheap and very easy to get.
    Considering what my supermarket has to offer and how much money I get this week, I'll try and get at least two or three to compare and see which one I like using the most, hopefully I'll find some good ones in the bigger sizes. At this point, it looks like Mam and Nuk are going to be the main ones I'm looking for, but I've read up on some other brands in the article on Paci's so I'll try and find at least one of the other ones to try out.

I'll see how this experience goes since I'm kinda excited about taking my first real step in buying something AB/DL related

I'll just leave this here:
    http://www.adisc.org/forum/adult-bab...mod-guide.html

Tried it, works great. This puppy has a glow-in-the-dark paci that actually fits his maw!

Quote Originally Posted by Vexxus View Post
    I'll just leave this here:
    http://www.adisc.org/forum/adult-bab...mod-guide.html

Tried it, works great. This puppy has a glow-in-the-dark paci that actually fits his maw!
    Yeah, I mentioned in my last one that I read up a bit on that article, it showed me the ones I'm gonna be looking for and which ones I've decided to try out.