Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love of my life

Default Love of my life

today the love of my life she broke up with me!! I am crushed she told me that she loved me and had feelings for me but said that she was not ready for a relationship anytime soon she accepted my fetish and even participated in it as well and just 2 days ago she asked to marry me funny i thought it was only the guy that asked the girl that so at this point im lost hurt and just feel like shit and just would really appreciate everyones support

I'm just wondering why did she ask to marry you if she wasn't ready for a relationship, the two things are pretty mutually exclusive, and surely marriage is not something to take lightly, so I'd say you're probably better off this way than married to a girl who changes her mind so radically in such a short time...

Other than that I can just say that I feel for you, finding out all of a sudden that your feelings for a person you love and who used to love you back are not reciprocated anymore is one of the most soul crushing experiences I could think of.

I've had the same thing happen. Focus on what made you happy before you even knew she existed. I *know the kind of pain. I wish someone would have told me to do the same thing instead of trying to numb myself. Grieve for a couple of days then don't give yourself any further time to cry. Yeah something doesn't sound right when someone wants to get married and then 2 days later drops a bomb on you like that. In my case she had brain damage from previous drug use combined with her doing meth without my knowledge most of the time we were dating. Start referring to her as "the love of my early adulthood" from now on

thank you guys for your support i mean its really tough right now i feel like i don't wanna eat anything i feel upset angry at the world just wondering why this is happening to me

Redirect that anger to remembering that you were doing your thing before that person came along. If it helps, think of it as a playmate whose parents moved them away

Quote Originally Posted by zackiepooh1992 View Post
    "..." and just 2 days ago she asked to marry me funny i thought it was only the guy that asked the girl that"..."
    Sooo...how did you respond, what did you say...how did you react? How did she talk about marriage in general... why I'm asking this, is not to be disrespectful of your current feelings...because as quattrus points out...there's a big rift of mindset between will you marry me? and two-days later hey ya'know...it's not you, it's me...I'm just not ready for a relationship now.

Did she still want to remain friends, or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by quattrus View Post
    I'm just wondering why did she ask to marry you if she wasn't ready for a relationship, the two things are pretty mutually exclusive, and surely marriage is not something to take lightly"..."
    Me thinks there is much more to this...

You do have my thoughts with you...
    -Marka

Quote Originally Posted by zackiepooh1992 View Post
    thank you guys for your support i mean its really tough right now i feel like i don't wanna eat anything i feel upset angry at the world just wondering why this is happening to me
    I know hoow you feel. I was lied to by a girl in college. We were never actually a couple, but she led me on thinking everything was cool between us. Then BAM! After Christmas break, she gives me a Dear John letter telling me everything she didn't like about me! I couldn't eat and lost a lot of weight and being in college, my grades suffered. It was a slow gradual recovery and my friends were a big help. Have you confided in your friends yet? Eventually, you will meet others. I know you don't want to hear that now and probably already have. I'm happily married now and the girl? I saw her on Facebook - divorced! Ha ha!

i in no way want to sound cruel or un-caring here... but i once went through the:
    i love you forever one week, and get the hell out of my life the next week routine... (even i was young once)

i later discovered that the young lady in question had been influenced (very strongly) by family and friends to make the radical switch in attitude. that information didn't help much as i took the rejection very hard for a number of years. but as i got older and i learned more about people, i did stop blaming myself for things that were out of my control....

try not to take the un-fathomable actions of others as some sort of personal stain on yourself. it isn't....

Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker View Post
    "..."

try not to take the un-fathomable actions of others as some sort of personal stain on yourself. it isn't....
    ..and that's a very good point...though it doesn't necessarily feel any better right now...maybe you'll find out what really took place...then again, you may not.

Take what's left of you, and make the best of it...tomorrow's another day...

Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    Sooo...how did you respond, what did you say...how did you react? How did she talk about marriage in general... why I'm asking this, is not to be disrespectful of your current feelings...because as quattrus points out...there's a big rift of mindset between will you marry me? and two-days later hey ya'know...it's not you, it's me...I'm just not ready for a relationship now.

Did she still want to remain friends, or anything?

Me thinks there is much more to this...

You do have my thoughts with you...
    -Marka
    My ex girlfriend two years ago we lived together and were engaged as well and then i broke it off because she would not let me fix things and fast forward now its 2013 i contacted her via facebook we talked on the phone for a few hours she said she missed me and still had feeling for me and she wanted to work everything out then she tells me that i deserve better then her that she is not ready for a relationship anytime soon yet she had asked me to marry her because she wanted to be with me forvever and she accepted me for who i am fetish and all sorry if i did not give alot of details last time i was just really upset my apologize