Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tena Slip Maxi inital review

Default Tena Slip Maxi inital review

I got my samples just a little bit ago from XP Medical. Here's my first impressions of them.
    They've got alot of purple in them. Wetness indicators are yellow stripes. They do have
    leak guards. The medium ones are alot smaller than a Dry24/7. The large ones are about
    the same as a Dry24/7 medium. I'm currently in a medium one. The fit seams good on me
    at the presant time. The noise level is reatively low. I think I will wear a large one for
    overnight use. I'm a side sleeper so will see if it leaks. The padding does extend out into
    the wings. As far as the thickness goes they should be discreet under clothing. The medium
    doesn't come up as high as I would like. Will give a later update after I've worn them
    for a couple days.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0102.JPG 
Views:	5823 
Size:	136.4 KB 
ID:	16866Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0103.JPG 
Views:	1435 
Size:	124.4 KB 
ID:	16867Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0104.JPG 
Views:	1384 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	16869
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0105.JPG 
Views:	5846 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	16868  

It's funny how you Americans view the Tena Slip Maxi as an exotic new type of diaper. It has been the bog standard within the Dutch AB/DL community and also for incontinent people for decades. =P But yeah, it's a pretty nice diaper. Above-average looks, above-average comfort, above-average absorption. ^^ And unlike the true high-end diapers, they're easily available.

Quote Originally Posted by Albasion View Post
    It's funny how you Americans view the Tena Slip Maxi as an exotic new type of diaper. It has been the bog standard within the Dutch AB/DL community and also for incontinent people for decades. =P But yeah, it's a pretty nice diaper. Above-average looks, above-average comfort, above-average absorption. ^^ And unlike the true high-end diapers, they're easily available.
    I think those of us who have been paying attention know very well it's not new. I've been wishing I could try them for years. Now that I've finally gotten to use them, I'm hoping they will stick around in their present form as they're a solid product, ever bit as good as you guys have been telling us.

Quote Originally Posted by Albasion View Post
    Well before we've had the luxury of having Abena or Drycare, we've had some really crappy diapers. Back in my internet infancy days they only had the same typical products. The Maxis looked thick and before the Abena crossed onto our shores. I've been wanting to get some, but now we can get it. If they actually brought it over sooner, they'd probably get a better response. They have stiff competition in the states now.

The USA Tena is terrible these days. They SHOULD just replace their US line all together. They took over one company and just kept the same product and put Tena on the packages. They seriously have degraded them since. The cloth backing was one thing, but they were still ok. The padding just doesn't take what it used to. I sure hope they eventually do make the transition.

I'm gonna order the sample. I have been looking to get out of easy level things like Goodnites. Just the risk of getting caught (live at home with 8 other people) is what has been stopping me.

Just received my shipment from Bambino- and they're fantastic diapers. I think they're the most comfortable for my body type, and have a very soft inner core which makes wearing that much nicer! Just like everyone says, they're thin- but swell up/hold nicely. The plastic taping zone allows you to adjust, and they've perfected the padding to give you the 'dry feeling' after the initial wetting.

Guys I found what our UK friends have been telling us. These Tena Slip Maxi's are pretty good diapers. I wore a large one with plastic pants for overnight and when I got up
    this morning it was soaked. I stayed in it for a whole after getting up and found no clumping which I was happy about. When I took my plastic pants down there was no sign of leaking.
    I wore another large on all day till now with about 5 wettings and no leaks. I wore a pair of undies and one of my tighter fitting onesies with the diaper. There was never any sagging
    or clumping. Also was very discreet under my jeans. The Tena Slip Maxi size large is about the same physical size as a Dry 24/7 medium which I normally wear during the day.
    They are very quiet for a plastic backed diaper goes. I will reccomend to anyone who has around a 40" waist to try both a med and large sample before deciding. I like the
    fit of the large alot better as it comes higher on my belly and didn't slide down. The absorbtion was good on par with the Dry 24/7. There not as thick for you guys that like thickness.
    I found them to be comfortable to be walking in while I was out and about twice today.

Tena Maxis are my favourites too, and I agree with everything you say. Very absorbent, very comfortable, very discreet, no clumping.

The only down-side to them in my opinion is that while the tapes are supposedly re-fastenable, they lose a lot of stickiness if you try to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by downtide View Post
    The only down-side to them in my opinion is that while the tapes are supposedly re-fastenable, they lose a lot of stickiness if you try to do that.
    Definitely the only negative I find to them. Also, if you get any skerrick of moisture or oil on the landing zone, consider the tapes useless. :/

Having said that, they've been my No.1 diaper for many years now. From a fetish perspective, they look, fit and feel amazing. From a practical perspective, they work exceptionally well.

They are deceptively thin, but they do swell up more than any other diaper I've tried before. Discreet enough to wear out with no worries about leaking.

the tapes are the big let down, for me. Euron Form pips them to the post for that reason.